South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Willpower Chat

Coffee's ready! I really need it to help clear my head this morning. I haven't been bothered with allergies for a few years, but they got me this year. I've forgotten just how miserable they can make a person feel. Blech.

I watched The Biggest Loser last night and was amazed at how much weight the contestants lost this season. They really looked great! Most of us don't have the time or resources to lose it the way they did, but it sure gave me a boost of motivation and willpower!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Sorry to hear you are having allergy problems this year. Something must be really enthusiastic because lots of people are having a tough time. I hope the coffee helps. I have extra if you need another cup.

Well it's hump day. All I have to do is get through the day and it's an easy slide into the weekend and my spring vacation. Today will be the longest day - I'm in the office all day. I will get out at lunch time but lots of desk work makes the day drag. I can spend a little time making To Do lists for vacation though That list includes getting my hair chopped off. When the weight loss started to show in my face I decided to let my hair grow and try something different. Now I remember why I kept it short so many years. I am not a fussy girl and I hate not being able to wash and go. I also hate the blowing around and getting in my face thing. The hair will not be traveling to Maine with me.

Hope your hump day is quick and painless
Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I should have watched The Biggest Loser as I sure need some sort of motivation - or a good boot in the butt! My progress sure is slow. The time to lose weight is when you are younger, not when you are heading into old fartism!

Brilliant but cold again this morning. I'll pot more plants for the Church sale this morning but spend the afternoon at the clinic doing Pet Therapy and getting an allergy scrip and a blood test. Tonight I have a meeting that I hope will be short. I may ask to be put first on the agenda so I don't have to listen to too much discussion of the same issues over and over. It's the Village Beautification Committee and the people who seldom do any work have opinions on everything.

I took Jazz to the nursing home yesterday and he was a delight. One of the dear ladies is quite ill ("We are just keeping her comfortable") and adores dogs. Jazz lay curled up beside her for a good 20 minutes while D. petted him and whispered about her own dogs. That's what pet therapy is all about.

Time for breakfast and another coffee. Then on with Hump Day.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-13-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Hi, Cyndi. Yup....quick and painless like ripping off a Band-Aid! :lol:
Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ruth - If you are "heading into old fartism" I'm on my way. I wish I had half the energy you have woman! Point those advisers to the trowels and tell 'em to get to work with all their suggestions

ETA - for all the Kashi fans - Amazon's deal of the day is 50% off kashi products

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-13-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Hump Day.
ruth, that is so sweet. I'm sure Jazz's visit was the highlight of her day... week... month. It makes me teary.
Thanks for the heads up cyndi. I think. I'd like to order a case of bars, but I don't think I could be trusted. I wish Kashi was more SB friendly.
Sorry you are feeling rough today Linda. I am not feeling great but I was thinking it was because I am Day 3 Phase I. But I couldn't resist getting out in the yard to putter last night, so maybe it is my allergies.

The usual niggles today, trying for another clean Phase I day - that will be 3 beads for me on my pitifully short necklace! Did weezle and Barb find you chicks on facebook? I friended them so look in my friends list to find them. Tonight I have to take DD to dance pictures (kill me now), but I think that's my only errand other than the Post Office. Sunshine again so going for more laundry on the line. I think we've got some rain on the way tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #6  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Happy Hump Day. :] Ugh. I'm sooo tired. My dad only made two cups of coffee so I got another bath going. ;D Its Day Three of Phase One for me. Everyone says Day Three is the hardest, for anything. So I hope I do okay. Its probably not too good, but the only thing I'm focused on now is my diet. I'm not fixing my hair or putting on my make up... D; I'm not caring about school at all right now, which is probably not too good... Well, I'm off to make some eggs.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Good morning all!

Katie, you can get through this day, one meal at a time! PLAN PLAN PLAN!

Schmoodle.... good luck on p1... and picture day is so much fun! I wish my son would of allowed for more pictures when he was younger! He was so adorable! What's funny is about a month ago I had the albums out and he was looking at them, and seen a pic and couldn't remember taking it. I told him "Thats because you didn't!" it was a pic of his father at 19, in my bedroom (I was 16). My son took a double look at got angry! I told my son he's much more handsome, and better attitude than his father!

Ruth and Cottage: I watched the Biggest Loser about two seasons... then decided it's a bunch of bologna! Even the guy who won the first (or second) year has gained all his weight back. The average person does not have time for that sort of regimen and I believe it's caused some to get discouraged even more so..... I think the show is just that, gimmick! I pray that those that go on the show truly do learn how to eat and exercise.... JMHO

ME: So I've been MIA for a few months..... took a month of work, a temp assignment. I'm done with that and looking for another perm. job. I'm tired of the temp assignments.

Last week I spent the week at a friends with her and her husband, six children and two dogs (with me and my dog). It was the best time ever! I had the best meal ever... let me share!

The week before Clara had started cooking, and the kids thought it was a "fancy meal" so they all got dressed in their best, and the little kids served the parents (the two older kids were at college). Well, it was such a hit that they decided to do it every week, and the little ones got all excited about it. So, I helped them make menus using plastic sheet protectors, and gave the three little ones the idea for entertainment! Yup, they are awesome singers! Complete with candlelight and the over head light dimmed, the atmosphere was awesome, and the dessert just topped the night off! The older ones were surprised by all the events last night and enjoyed the younger's serving them. Yes, the younger ones did an awesome job of taking the other's "order" (order of food)... I've eaten plenty of meals, but by far this was the best. Not because the food (which was very good) but because of the love and imagination and excitement of the night! Something I will always cherish in my heart! I told the kids now that they've had practice they need to send invitations to their grandparents to join them one evening!

Anyway, off to find a lower carb option menu and need to get ds to work.

have a good day one and all!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #8  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Hump Day!

Cottage - I feel your pain when it comes to allergies. I had never had them before I was 30, but I've slowly been dealing with them for the past 6 years. And this year has been brutal. If you do pharmaceuticals I highly suggest Claritin....I know I've kept my sanity this year only because of those little white pills.

Ruth - Made me tear up hearing about your sweet Jazz. I totally agree, that is what pet therapy is all about. Thank you for doing that for your friends at the nursing home.

Cyndi - Hope you're getting work done today and not dreaming too much about your vacation. I know when I get close, all I want to do is make lists of things I need to do/pack/attractions to see/etc.... And BTW....we want to see pics of the new hair.

Schmoodle - Good work on going back to Phase I. Your necklace will be beautiful in no time!

Katie - Welcome to the morning chat. Keep up the good work, you can do it!

Loriann - So good to see you!!! Your dinner sounds lovely!

Me - So....my ear has been plugged since Monday morning and it's driving me crazy. I don't know if/when I should go to the Dr. for it. And this morning it seems to have gotten worse. Anyone have any advice?
Last night Rich left me for dinner at a local diner with a hockey buddy of his so he could watch the game, so I was able to watch both Idol and Biggest Loser without any interruption. It was nice. I thought all 3 of the guys were really good, but I think my favorite performance of the night was Danny's "You are So Beautiful". It was FANTASTIC!!! And I was so impressed with the BL winners last night. They all look so good!
Tonight I'm very excited that it's the LOST season finale. I've watched the show from the beginning, and have been listening to interviews with the cast this week. I can't wait to see where they'll leave us hanging!!!!! Other than Lost, I've got laundry that must be tackled.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Good Morning

Hello Everyone

I hope everyone has a great day. Everyday brings another challenge. I'm really happy to be here sharing daily experiences with one another. For me, it does make things easier. I really feel we all have lots in common.

This is day 7 for me, and I remain vigilant. I have lost 4 pounds, but it is a little painful in that I still have 14 to go to be back to my low point on this journey.

I am remembering Schmoodles quote today, "It's better to stay on plan than to get back on plan". If I can stay on plan, I have a much better chance of fulfilling my dreams.

Today is another yard day. It's really nice weather, so it will be fun. Since I'm away from my pool-it's my exercise.

I'll check in later.
Debbie R.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
So I'm posting even tho I don't have time b/c it's somethign I do for ME!
Monday I had an altercation with one of DH's club members. . .we're trying to get him removed but I've been upset all week. My ssi who never cries was cryign on the phone last night She's in pain and they don't know why and work has be wacko
on a bright note t here's 1 more NCISto go for the season!!
I was up at 4 am and couldn't sleep so by 5:30 I decided to work out and drive the stress away Loud music with a driving beat CHECK! 50 min Later I was drenched but felt more in control

Today I'm sending the Cookie Monster Back into Hades and Reclaiming Kieran!
Yesterday I got my brows done and today its a quick hop to the salon for a new 'do
I have ph 1 frinedly food except for my yogurt so it's 1.5 and away we goo!
Hmac this is a crazy year for allergies!!
Lori what a nice dinner!!!
Hi Debbie R
Katie you can do it!
Schmoo Kashi bars are a downfall fo mine too Let me knwo when You're coming to Jersey I'll bust out the aquanet and blue eyeshadow!!
Cyn Take pics of the new do! btw if you opt to keep it longer I suggest layered Bob its wash shake nand go! So jealous that you're going to Maine! If you're going to Belfast I know a cute little 80 something spitfire who runs a giftshop and makes the best Jam EVER!! she's a notary and she married friends of ours
Ruth Sounds like you and JAzz MAde D's Day Let's hope your Meeting tonight is BRIEF! Perhaps we can give the opinionated peeps a Big Spoon of PB to keep their mouths busy?
Linda: have you tried Singulair? it's prescription but Amazing and if it doesn't make me drowsy any1 can take it!

I ahve leadership mixer tonight so I'm all dolled up Hopefully it will be short and they respectfully requested no Denim. . .Sheeeeoooot I was going to wear my good Dungarees and no shirt or shoes Fascists!!
BBL
Kierie
Old 05-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Heather, go to the doctor. Ears are nothing to mess with, IMHO. That's a long time to have your ear blocked.

It's busy, busy here--finals week and lost of freaked-out students. Plus, I have a talk to give tomorrow night and DH is in the middle of a really important presentation at work right this minute. He's been working on it for 2 weeks so it's been pretty hectic at our place. Unfortunately, I've been letting it get to me and have been eating more than I should be. The scale shows a 5lb gain from last week, which seems very unlikely, in spite of my eating extra OP food. Maybe I'm retaining water? I'm not going to let it get me down, but I am hoping it'll help me find the motivation to stay away from eating more than I plan to each day.

Hope you all have a sunny, wonderful day!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #12  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Wednesday! Lots of activity this morning. Day 3, Phase 1... taking it one day at a time. So far so good. Lost 1 pound so far. I could tell because I was in the bathroom all day yesterday!! I always know when I am in the zone when that happens. Strange?
Crazy day today, lots planned. Getting my hair and DS's hair cut after school. I am going to see Keith Urban in concert on Friday, need to clean up the 'do! DD has dance pictures the day after Memorial Day. She is only 3, and they want her to have purple eyeshadow, blush and red lipstick!! Seriously?? Seems over the top to me. I'll be glad when this is over.
It is POURING today. They are talking tornados this afternoon too. I hate days like this. DD was singing "Rain, rain go away..." this morning. I hope it works!
My input on the Biggest Loser finale last night. I was not happy with the results. I thought both Tara and Helen looked their best the day they left the ranch. I know there was a lot of money at stake, but I don't think Helen look healthy at all!! I hope she continues to exercise and watch her weight, but ideally she puts back some weight. Tara needs to do the same. They just didn't look healthy to me. Idol was good too!! I am torn on who I want to move to the finale.
Enjoy your day!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Holy cow, like we needed any more rain! It's raining cats & dogs here and there's quite a storm going. I have a hair appointment at 11:30 and am not sure that I want to leave! Supposed to be like this all day I think. Then I have an appointment tonight. Hopefully it'll stop by then!

I'm going to get myself somewhat cleaned up (can't wash hair before getting color put on) and have some breakfast and tea. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #14  
sophie

Happy Hump Day everyone,
Just a quick flyby for me. I have a guild meeting this afternoon and have my makeup and hair done, I don't often do that. Had to laugh about Ko having her eyebrows done, what eyebrows here. I have to draw them in and once saw a movie with Shirley Maclean where she said. Please colour my eyebrows in when I die, that's me.
Ruth - your story is so touching. You are doing so much good on earth. I always laugh when I hear you talk about your meetings in Delta, are they like the ones on the Vicar of Didley?

Everyone have a good on plan day. I am having a lunch at home so I can resist the baked goodies with tea today.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kierie, looks like June 10, but I don't have the schedule yet. How's your calendar look?
Thanks Cyndi, I just spent $70 on cereal and granola bars, but at least I am splitting it with a friend. Granola bars are for the kids hopefully and I'll stay away.
Closed Thread