South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Pacer, you reminded me that I have to go shopping for something to wear for my son's graduation. I'll think about it tomorrow.

I felt great yesterday morning and by the afternoon was 1/2 dead again. I got some housework done and have to do the bulk of it today. great. My MIL will be here when I get home from work tomorrow and it's crunch time.
My daughter called last night and said her boyfriend may not be able to come to visit with her this week. She will only be here for 5 days and I have to work for some of them. no fair at all.

No idea what Mother's day will bring. Youngest son said he had a "prize" for me and oldest son wanted to know if I was safe to visit yet...I still feel like a sneezing machine!

Happy Mama's day all!!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Mother's Day to all of our wonderful mothers this morning! I hope your families are spoiling you rotten and letting you know how much they appreciate you!

I'm about to head out back with the doggage to enjoy coffee and the cool morning before hitting the showers. I have to teach this morning, but will be home after that. It's Mother's Day and baby dedication today and I just don't think my fragile, emotional self will be able to handle it. Last year, I received a Mother's Day gift because nobody knew me well enough to know that we didn't have kids and I honestly burst out crying right there at the church doors. Thankfully, it was after service and we were able to rush to the car and get home. I'm not going to even tempt that embarrassment this year! I hope to get home and crawl into bed and watch Fred and Ginger all afternoon.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Mothers Day to all our wonderful Moms out there.

Kim to you and all of our wonderful chickies going through same issue. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

We were going to go to church this morning, but we are going to SixFlags right after and everyone gets so dressed up today, I would feel so out of place wearing jeans we are going to skip this morning and just go to SixFlags for a few hours. Enjoy your day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 05-10-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Happy Mother's Day, ladies.

Off to plant some eggplant and 2 kinds of watermelon. I should be having a bumper crop this year pending any disease or water problems.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Happy Mothers Day!

Good Morning Everyone!:Sunny"
Actually, it's raining here this morning and I've even seen a few snowflakes....ahh life at 8000 feet. Thankfully, it will probably be back up to 70 by tomorrow.
Chelby, for the show of support. I am able to use it again today.["I had a clean P1 day yesterday. Today, I will remain vigilant amidst a ton of food and have hope that I can add up enough "todays" to make a difference in my life. I am tired of living a life which is "constricted" by my weight."Femmecreole, nice to meet you. Take it easy and feel better.
Schmoodle, I like your quote.
Pearl Rose, good job on the early workout, wish I could do that.
Weezle, hope your cleanse is going well. I always feel so much better after.
Ruth, great news about your plant sale$$
Cottage, enjoy another relaxing day. Don't you just love nursery season!
Stephanie(Pacer29), happy cooking, I like meals at my house for the same reason.
TwynnB, Hope you get a nice hike in.
And finally, Kim....keep smiling...it sounds to me like you are a "Mom" to your dog children. I totally relate. We're taking my Mom to the Elks Club(her fav not mine) and all the Moms get a flower. I always take one, because I know my pups, Lexxis and Rudi, and kitty, Sophia love me as much as any Mother love their kids-and I love them with all my heart.
My was on the road this morn going to HDepot for foxgloves for my Mom. I'm headed to the kitchen for my vitamins and smoothie. I think what they're serving is not on my P1 plan.

I'll check in later.
Debbie R

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson

Hi, Zeffryn, glad to meet you. I love watermelon

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-10-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #21  

I've been dealing with an allergic headache all weekend. I think today will be less busy than yesterday at least. Brian completed in an academic contest that took most of the day yesterday. His school didn't win but they did have fun. I had to teach Junior Staff training for the camp in the evening. We ate out twice yesterday and it really wasn't healthy. I need to make a point of planning fast easy meals this week in case we get caught in the same situation.

I've got to do some sewing and make a trip to the warehouse, grocery shop and record and file a bunch of registrations for camp. I've also left a message for Robert's dad but so far no return call. I need to know the exact dates he's going to have Brian this summer so I can move his dental appointment.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #22  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY CHICKIES

Started the morning with buckwheat pancakes, yum.
Every woman is a mother in someway. So celebrate the love you have and give to others.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Gotta finish laundry and head to my parents' house to celebrate with my mom, and then my boys are coming home!!!! YAY!!!!!

I am such a whale. My mom is the DEVIL and talked me into going out to eat again last night. You see how much will-power I have???? It was to D'Arcy's, my favorite potato-and-beer place that I don't get to eat at anymore. She kept saying "Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure you don't want to go?" Well, no I'm not sure. "You really don't get a weekend off very often....." Sigh. I need to work on that.

So I am feeling bloated and miserable on weigh-in day. I had lost 4 lbs and then WHAMMO. Gained it all back plus another .4 in one weekend. Going to roll myself around in the shower now to get cleaned up.

At least there's no food planned for tonight! I'm not eating for a week.

Have a blessed day girlies!!!! Hugs to all the moms!

Lisa
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #24  
sophie

Here are some pictures of the wedding shawl for my daughter. It was woven in tencel and is a lace weave. Swarovski crystals twisted into the fringe.

sophie

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg
Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

sophie, that shawl is exquisite!!!!! What talent you have and what a lucky daughter! How long did it take you make it?

Kim, my heart goes out to you on this day. I know how you must be aching. But you know, God is listening and has great plans for you.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #26  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Kim - I'm not sure the circumstances, but know that you're loved and appreciated by everyone in your life. What a wonderful person you are and what a lucky husband you have. Enjoy your day - if not Mother's Day, call it Wife's Day. You deserve it. :hugs:

-
Alex made migas with black beans and iced coffee this morning. It was so good and really nice not to have to make breakfast or clean up the dishes afterward.

I think we may be meeting MIL sometime this afternoon. I'm off to pamper myself in the bath for a bit. I got out all of my favorite products and plan on giving myself a pedicure and mini facial as well. I also busted out my favorite dress in case we do go out later.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Happy Mother's Day to all! This morning I fixed myself and egg, cheese and Italian sausage omlet with 2 eggs and had a glass of V-8 juice. Tonight we are going to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. I just love their salad bar.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

I feel like a newcomer again. 2 more weeks left of school and then I should be able to refocus on me again. I got my car washed, waxed, and vacuumed for mother's day(I think I made out great!!) The gardening sounds great one of these years I will get something besides flowers planted. Did some baking today made like bread pudding but add apples, bean brownies for me and apple crisp, and muffins for the family. That should hold us for the week. Now they are asking me what is for dinner!?! I guess I will go out and find something...
Old 05-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #29  

Exclamation

Kim ..
I am so sorry ...
I really think it should be
ALL WOMENS DAY instead of Mothers Day anyway.
You said you teach and what a gift that is ... I am sure you nurture
and love kids that belong to family and friends..
It should be a day to honor all the women !!

Some of the best "mothering " I have ever had came from women that were not my Bio mom ...
Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #30  
sophie

Cottage - thanks, no talent here except lots and lots of patience. It took me about three weeks, I had to determine how many threads per inch I wanted, didn't want the fabric to be too thick or to sleazy where the pattern wouldn't show (lots of sampling) so it was 24 inches in width at 24 threads per inch for about a total of 600 threads with each one having to be threaded correctly because one mistake thru the whole pattern off and I wove it 100 inches long. DD is 5'10 and dress was very simple strapless with an A line skirt so the shawl was the decorative part. I also beaded her a tiara. There I have said too much.
Going to sleep my two glasses of wine off now.
Sophie.
who found her passion in life in weaving and beading
Closed Thread