South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Kathy, as you have discovered, there will be a Mother's Day, 4th of July, someone's birthday, anniversary, wedding, Christmas, Easter coming along all the time to de-rail you. Better to come up with strategies to meet these challenges than to use them as excuses to treat - it's a slippery slope as I well know!

We are actually a pretty small core group here, and although we have different amounts of weight to lose and are at different places in our journey, that rarely seems to be an issue - there is lots of support and help here for everyone. If you start posting on the daily chat (maybe you already have), you'll get to know us all, and be sure to post any questions you have in a separate thread - you'll probably get more answers than you want!

I don't know what the policy is for sub-groups here, I'm sure Ruth will answer your question, but there is also a 100-lb club forum for those who have a lot to lose (and that is a loose definition, I think you'll find every forum here very welcoming). I post there too because my goal is to lose 100 lbs total.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/178/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I actually chose Mother's Day to be good to myself and restart. We were changing up the routine, so it was a great time to start SB with the help of my spouse. I'm sure it will be easier for him, so I'm happy to find you all while I was searching the web for Phase 1 recipes. Found both, recipes and support. Hello everyone! Hello Thread Starter! Let's do this.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm just starting too! My HW was 205, but I was 196.5 this morning, and I'm hoping to get to 140 before my birthday (december).
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #19  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I am starting as soon as I get to the grocery store, which will be this weekend. I have already been adjusting some of my eating, as I am finishing reading the book, and big thing is cleaning out the pantry and the fridge. My husband has even agreed to eat the same things as me, so that will make cooking much easier. I am currently 220 (hurts to say), and my husband is about the same. My nurse practitioner (she is my main health care provider) and me have decided that the best thing for me will be to make "baby goals" we call it that because I am trying to lose weight to help with my fertility issues. Baby Goals will be smaller goals than my overall goal which is 140. I get discouraged saying that so my first goal will be 199lbs, below 200. Attainable and it will be a huge encouragement.

Last edited by Cebsme; 05-14-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

I have "baby goals" too, otherwise I get overwhelmed. Mine is 269 and then I'll go from there and keep making small ones until I reach my ultimate goal! We can do it!!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #21  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

I know I'm only 166, but I kinda know where your coming from. I'm in highschool, so EVERYONE calls themselves fat. If a skinny girl does, I honestly say 'Yes, you are very fat.' Normally makes them whine that I'm a liar. ;] 'Then why did you say it, hun?' Oh well. Girls will be girls. :3

But for some reason, temptation hasn't been around on Phase One for me. Calorie counting was total failure. I was like 'Oh I can eat this, I've only had 700 calories...' And would binge forever. Saying I can and can't eat something makes me stay on track more. Switching to Phase 2 is gonna be hard though.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling alright. You can totally do this. :]
Old 05-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/178/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Snazzy, You have the right idea. Start good habits while you're smart and young, before you're grown (old) and still grappling with it. I have yo-yo'd for years and never "fixed" my junk food addiction, mostly sweets.

It has been easy during Phase 1, which should be a HUGE hint to me that keeping processed foods to a minimum is a very, big deal.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:40 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to all the new chickies and good for you in changing to a healthy lifestyle.
Check out and join the Phase I Chickie thread for more support and ideas.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:26 AM   #24  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Kathy
I am at 224 right now. I started 3 years ago at 275, and had come slowly down(which was ok with me). Last fall my low was 212, it had been a great summer for me. It started in the fall-Thanksgiving turned into Christmas turned into Valentines turned into birthdays turned into Easter turned into gaining back 18 pounds. I watched the scale go back up but didn't make the change needed to get back on track.

So, I am starting day 11 of phase 1. I feel better about myself, even though I know that right now no one else can tell the difference. I am certainly still "missing" my junk foods right now, but what I really learned this last time, is like Cyndi said, it is a lifestyle change.

My first goal is to get under 200. My word is "vigilant". The other night when I had a serious craving that I was about to act on I stopped, thought it through, and came up with my options. I ended up with a very small piece of reduced fat cheese. I ate it very slowly, and got through my "eat everything I can find" mode.

I read and post regularly, and try to stay busy. When I am bored, I want to eat.

Welcome!
Debbie R.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #25  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

I started at 204/5. I was 201, went to my b.i.l. for dinner and the next morning was 206. I am sure there must have been an enormous amount of sodium in the food because that just isn't normal. Anyway, I got down two pounds and then started SB. I seem to do well for a couple of days and then eat something I shouldn't but...it is definitely better than eating things I shouldn't everyday so I am not being too hard on myself.

Have a great weekend all,

Jen
Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

I started on the Beach for the 5th or so time beginning of May myself. My start was close enough to 200 for my liking, and 10 lbs heavier than the LAST time I started South Beach.

I found that for me, this time it was about finally DOING this. MEANING it. And allowing for life and slip ups to happen. Before, when I ate something I shouldn't have, it was an excuse to eat EVERYthing I shouldn't have. My brain is in a different place this time and I'm allowing myself to be human and make mistakes. And it is working! Today is my last day of Phase 1 and I am very pleased with my progress as well as how much better I feel because I'm not eating all that junk anymore. I wish everyone else the same great results!

Thank goodness for this website and all the great people to help with support! I couldn't do it without the chicks! =)
Old 05-19-2009, 03:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 300/212/160

Height: 5ft 8

I started SB 3 or 4 weeks ago and lost 6lb, then life derailed me, but I'm determined to not let it stop me. I started WW 2 years ago and lost 100 (went from 300 to 200) but plateaued for over a year and then found out that with my PCOS WW may not be the plan for me so switched to SB.

It's a great plan if I follow it, lol. So I'm definitely back on it this week. I have had an ear infection too, so I've been feeling sorry for myself and eating bread, but then I just feel worse, so it's back to scratch for me. I'm off for a run after breakfast, it's gonna hurt after not exercising for 2 weeks, lol, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 199.8/*Ticker*/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kathy & All,
I'm starting back here, too. Since Christmas, when I started WW, I lost 10#, then have gained it back, and now started on the Beach on Saturday (May 16th). This diet is not my favorite, having done it before, but it works and works fast. That's what I need - momentum is what I need to get going again! Hope to hear from you for motivation and offer you the same. So far, I'm down 4.2# so nothing to complain about (except food boredom!)
Old 05-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 228/200/155

Height: 5'1

Default Over 200

Has there been a Monday weigh in thread , if so Id like to join!! Can you point me in the right direction!
I started Sb (restarted -I lost 30lbs last yr while hubby was deployed to gain it all back +some with help from med changes and my evil love hate with chocolate ) So Im here and ready to WIN!!! I started on May16th -still in 14 days of detox!! Not bad I must say the cravings are not as bad as I had remembered. Im down to 211 and have a goal to walk 2-3 miles/5 days a week.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #30  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Maybe we could do a Monday morning weigh in here. It would certainly keep me accountable.

Jen
Closed Thread