South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Beachers,
I made it past the weekend!!! it was tough one. I had a graduation party and I had a gin and tonic. which is totally off plan. But I ate before I went so I wasn't tempted by the food. Sunday was mothers day and I did well, no desert!! My parents are diong SB so my dad grilled chicken and veggies. I wasn't even tempted to eat the bread.
I found a recipe for bean bread on a website. Its pretty yummy, much better than the black bean brownies. I decided to try that for breakfasts this week instead of the eggs.
Tomorrow will be my last day of Phase 1. I can really tell a big difference. Ussually, I would have devoured dessert at Mothersday dinner and eaten bread and potatoes. I'm still worried about portions sizes so i'm going to take it slow going into phase 2.
Have a great day.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #62  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Hi Beachers,

Here I go. I was going to start yesterday but because my hubbs and kids made me an amazing dinner with a dessert, I decided to enjoy it all and start today. The strange thing was, I still lost weight. Go figure. Anyway, I am starting P.1 today and I really am excited about it.

I have another quick question for those who have gone through phase 1 already. How much weight have you lost for the entire initial two weeks?

Jen

Last edited by abovethedin; 05-11-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #63  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Abovethedin, weight loss varies so much from one person to the next. I lost 8# in the first two weeks, but some don't lose so much. Phase I is about detoxing your body and eliminating cravings. A lot of the weight loss is water weight.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #64  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

8 pounds in two weeks is a great weight loss. If I can manage 3 pounds a week that would be a good success.
Jen
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #65  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Alright. Its almost five, and I've been good so far. ;D Its kinda weird not thinking about calories, but kinda relaxing at the same time. I'm still worried I'm eating wayyy too much protein. But whatever. Now that I am at home my mom will keep me on track, but I'm starting to get way hungry and I don't want another celery stick. D:

Last edited by katie m a r i e; 05-11-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

I was wondering how much people lost in phase one too. I know everyone is different, but I guess I thought I would lose more being heavier...but that's not the case so far. Then again I didn't do it 100%, so that might have something to do with it! Today has been really good. I ate really well at Panchero's and we grilled meat tonight so that was yummy! Thank goodness it's grilling season again!

Oh and I just realized that for the first time since I can remember I did NOT have a regular pop or potato chips for a week!! Wow, I'm sorry but I am super proud of myself LOL. Those are my two biggest cravings usually...wow, that's amazing!!

Last edited by SmilesIowa; 05-11-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Hey Everyone,
Its my last day of phase 1. I am down 6 pounds. Which is good but this weekend, my unofficial weight was even less (down 8#) so I'm a little bummed for the fluxuation but I know how it is.

I am going to start phase two tomorrow. I'm a little worried. I still see over eating patterns that I'm trying to address even with the phase 1 food. I think my biggest goal is to learn to stop eatting when I'm full. weather its phase one food or not, I need to learn to eat enough, not to much. Its just so hard for me to stop when I start. I saw I was doing that with nuts so now I have to have them only once in a while. I also do it with cheese. so I'm working really hard on limiting quanitities.

Smiles good job staying away from the chips and pop! all these victories will add up to your big goal!

Katie I feel the same way about the protein and cheese. in the past I wasa a big fruit and yogurt kind of snacker so it seems so counter productive to snack on cheese and other things. but I also know that I'm a total sugar addict so I have to try and cut back.

have a great day everyone.
Jennie
Old 05-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi newbies and re-starters! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I started Ph1 again yesterday. I have a love-hate relationship with Phase I, it's a great tool and always gets me back on track or gives me a jump start when I need it, but I dread day 3 when I will be pacing around the house mindlessly hunting for chocolate. My Phase I plan is always to make my absolute favorite legal treats so I don't ever feel deprived. I always have taco bake at least once, and tonight is spaghetti squash deep dish Italian pie, yummm! Last night I made the chicken fried "rice" which I also adore, and is a TON of veggies. I'm going to try for two weeks, but I want to be sure to be done before strawberries are ready for picking. It's been so cool around here this spring, I think I've got at least another two weeks.

Some chicks were wondering about weight loss on Phase I - for me it has always been 5 lbs, even when I first started SB at 245 lbs, and had been eating tons of sugar and crap. I don't know why that's my magic number, but it is. So not everybody drops the 10 - 15 lbs some folks seem to. But it's important to remember that the point of Ph1 is to get rid of cravings, and it works! It really gets you ready for long-term sustainable weight loss in Phase II. It's hard not to focus so much on the scale when you are just starting out and anxious to drop those lbs., but remember there's a lot more to it than that, and look for other signs of progress as well - how well you are feeling, how your clothes are fitting, how in control of you eating you feel...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #69  

Thanks jennie!

Yesterday I was back on track after the weekend, no cheating! I will try and keep up the good work on week 2, phase one! I'm bummed about the weight not falling off, but I'm down in inches and I can tell my stomach has started to go down some, so that's great! I hope you all have a great day!!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #70  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Day Two on Phase one, and I think I'm doing pretty good. I've eaten all legal foods, but unfortunately, I found my Phase One weakness... Peanut butter. I've had at least three tablespoons today, if not four. I know we are only supposed to have two, but I couldn't stop myself. ;-; I feel awful about it too. But, at least I'm not diving for the bread and crackers I thought I would.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #71  

Hey everyone! Today was a good day except I had a bite of baked beans, but wow they were sweet! Do any of you notice now how much sweeter foods or drinks are?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Hello, everyone! I'm on day 13 of Phase One, and doing OK so far. I'm also really lucky that my family is being tremendously supportive, and isn't sabotaging me with sweets in the house or requests to go out to dinner. (My husband has lost 2 lbs just from healthier dinners!) I'm getting a bit bored by the limited menu, so I'm looking forward to Phase Two for some more variety. Need to get some new recipes, too.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't know about everyone else, but the Taste of Summer cookbook and the Quick and Easy cookbook that SB put out is amazing at turning such a limited liste of foods into really good food. My mom and I made this amazing lamb kebab with cucumber yogurt sauce last night. I didn't feel deprived at all. It was so good. I'd totally reccomend it to anyone who is feeling discouraged with the limited list of food. Good luck all!!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #74  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Hi Beachers,

I blew it so bad that I am not even going to post my terrible, terrible eating habits yesterday....but now there isn't on iota of banned food in my house..so that is good. Ok I'll tell you. I have a weakness for those disgusting ready bake cookies in the refrigerator isle. I don't even like them that much but when they are in the house, I eat them. Anyway, here I go again...Day 1.

I also picked up the cookbook from my library. It is very well done. There are a ton of recipes I can't wait to try out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day ahead.

Jen

Old 05-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey chicks, day 3 of Phase I, Bring it on!
My plan is scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa, turkey bacon, tomato juice for breakfast, leftover spaghetti squash pie for lunch, and maybe greek tacos for dinner (if I end up running out cause I need to pick up a couple things to make that), or else I'll give the kids breakfast for dinner and DH and I can have leftovers. For snacks I've got raw cauli with hummus and zucchini cheesecake. Ricotta creme for a sweet treat tonight if I feel the need. Day 3 generally finds me pacing the house and pawing through the cabinets for ANYTHING sweet and starchy. The drawbacks of working at home.

good for you Jen, back on track. I know I don't have a prayer of getting through Ph1 if there are temptations around.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-13-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Closed Thread