South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #1  

Default First day of Phase 1

After numerous tries to get motivated, I finally began the Phase 1 SD today! This past year has been the most stressful of my life and I have added another 20 lbs. to my weight. One of the stressors was the recent, sudden death of a younger sister. She would probably still be alive if she had made healthy lifestyle changes. I feel that if I need to heed the lesson in this.

I have had a few false starts in the last few months. But, this time I am planning ahead, which I think is key. Glad to be a part of this group.
Donna
myturn2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Donna!

Glad to have you with us, and so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. Taking care of your own health is a wonderful way to honor her memory. I think planning ahead is key. There's a great thread stickied in the forum about how to get started with P1 successfully: Prepare Yourself to Start South Beach . You'll also find help and support in the Phase 1 thread. Hope to see you in the daily thread, too!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Donna! I'm so glad you decided to become a part of our group. You'll find plenty of support and we're always willing and eager to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to getting to know you, and good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Donna. You'll get a lot of support here. Let us know what we can help you with. It helps to visit here often.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #5  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 203/193/165

Height: 5'11''

Default hello!

hello Donna! I am so sorry about your sister. This is my third day on SBD and I wish you luck and lots of persistence, you can do it!
I heard the first 2 weeks are the hardest so hang in there!
adaminu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #6  

Wow! Thanks everyone! I appreciate your responses. I know I can do it...with your support. Day 1 has really not been bad because I planned for it. Actually been planning and reading the book for a while now. I took plenty of "on the beach" foods to the office to keep in the frig. At work is where I am most likely to have a downfall. Plus, I know myself well enough that I have to eat plenty early in the day. If I am hungry a couple hours after lunch, I'm in trouble.
myturn2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/141/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Donna! I am new here too - not to SB - it's a great diet - you will do wonderfully!
Celtic mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #8  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

WeLcOmE DoNNa!
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote