South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Phase I Chick-Check - March 30 and onward

Are you on Phase 1 or Phase 2, Lyn?

For your breakfast, your meal is fine, but make sure your ham is lean and not salty.
The grilled chicken at lunch may have had some sugar in it (yes, sugar!), but probably wasn't all that bad. By the way, you can have real mayo, so you were fine for that.
Your snack and supper were right on plan, but you did go over your limit with the nuts. You should only have one serving a day of them, since they are good for you but high in calories. Also, the sweet treats should be no more than 100 calories a day, and I think you went over that with your dessert.
So if you cut back on the nuts and watch the calories for your sweet treat, you'll be just fine.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - March 30 and onward

Rather than have many threads regarding Phase I menus and questions, please post here. I'll close the old thread which was getting a bit long.
Thanks.

Here's Lynn's menu for comments:
Quote:
Menu look ok?
I know this is weird, but after dinner and dessert I felt like I cheated or something. I started even feeling guilty about it, which is ridiculous but I guess it's just an old habit. Anyway I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to comment on whether my menu for today was okay... (for Phase 1)

Breakfast: Chai tea with 1/3 c skim milk. Omelet made with a handful of mushrooms, a bunch of baby spinach, one slice of virginia ham, Kraft 2% low fat Mexican cheese (maybe 1/4 c) and about 1/2 c Egg Beaters. Also had a cup of plain green tea.

Lunch: I was out and we had to get something while shopping, so I got a Sonic grilled chicken sandwich with extra lettuce and tomatoes. I just ate the grilled chicken and veggies (and there was a small amt of real mayo on it) but I threw away the entire bun. I also had a small starbucks sugarfree iced low fat hazelnut latte.

Snacks: 7 almonds in about 1/2 c of low fat plain yogurt with some xylitol sweetened fish oil supplement (I know it sounds weird but it is tasty and lemon flavored and is good in yogurt, about 50 calories of oil). Then I walked one mile. Then I had about 6 smoked almonds and a string cheese.

Dinner: I roasted some chicken and vegetables. I had an entire large chicken breast (no skin)... I bet it was a good 6 oz, it was sooo good. I also had quite a bit of roasted broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, garlic, and asparagus. It was roasted with a bit of olive oil.

After dinner I made a ricotta dessert. I mixed a half cup of low fat ricotta, one tablespoon of natural cashew butter, about a tablespoon or one and a half tablespoons of cocoa, and one semi-melted sugarfree fudgesicle (40 calories). I mashed all of that together and it tasted so good, like brownie batter almost.

So that's it, I drank lots of water. I guess I feel "cheaty" because of the volume of chicken I had at dinner and the rich dessert! Am I ok?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage's comments are above Lynn's post.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

cottagebythesea,

thank you! Good insights. I have a question on the sweet treats. It says up to 75 calories/day. Do I have to count the entire ricotta dessert as a sweet treat... even the ricotta? I was only counting the fudgesicle, and any sweeteners, but I can see how I went way over if I have to count all the ingredients. Actually, the yogurt would also be a sweet treat then since I added a sweetener to it, correct? Let me know if this is right. I will be more careful on the nuts and sweetened stuff. Thank you!

I am still 227 this morning (have been for a couple days) so maybe that is stalling me. Will adjust and see what happens!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't count the ricotta or yogurt, just the stuff you add to it (cocoa powder, fudgesicle). The sweet treats limit is 75-100 cals. daily now. I usually only add a tsp. or so of cocoa instead of 1 1/2 Tbs. though.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I think I did a little better today...

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 soy sausage links, green tea
Lunch: egg beaters with spinach, mushrooms, ham, light cheese, iced sugarfree vanilla coffee
Snacks: tablespoon of cashews, about 8 almonds
Dinner: chicken breast about 5 oz, with roasted broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, green beans (bit of olive oil)
Dessert: vanilla ricotta
Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hi Lyn- Looks like your menu was good! I am going back to p1 for a bit- this week anyway... so I am having to alter my menus a bit and here is what I have so far for today!

B: 1 egg, 1c shredded zuchinni, nonfat spray
S: roasted chic peas 1/4c
L: stirfry with broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, onions, and shirataki noodles, 1tsp sesame oil and sesame seeds
S: WILL EDIT LATER
D: chili with lf sr cream and rf cheese OR lentil and sausage stew, haven't decided which yet, but either one can be lunch for this week!

Also, started being good with my water this week... goal is 72oz a day.
Exercise is 30 minutes a day. period. whether its walking the dog, playing hte wii, whatever- I must do the exercise!!!!!

Last edited by rdw1; 03-31-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/SB re-start 236/140

I've had a nasty bought of GERD, so I was off plan for nearly a month. My GERD is still nasty, but I'm back on Phase I. I have maintained at 233 (for the most part), even after a small vacation to DC! I'm so happy to be back. I've missed the support!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #9  
Midwesterner

My GERD is pretty much gone unless I eat really late. One more plus for SB way of eating. I had been taking Prevacid for over 10 years and I haven't used it for months now. I think any amount of weight you can lose decreases the problem.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #10  
Revisiting the beach

After a long winter, I'm back on Phase 1, again.

I'm on day three and doing pretty well as far as cravings go. I need to update my stats and ticker as they aren't very accurate at the moment.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:36 PM   #11  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

I hear ya on the long winter, RenRen. I'm back to phase 1 after a long winter myself. I'm on Day 9 and down 8 pounds now. I slipped up on Sunday, my sweetie and I ordered Chinese food because we both felt way too much like crap to make anything. We kept is small though, and I guess it didn't screw me up too bad as the craving aren't back (much) and I'm still averaging nearly a pound a day.

I really find making sure I eat every few hours and getting tons of water are huge keys to success for me.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #12  
Midwesterner

Betsi, you're doing so well. If we order Chinese, I get the Chicken & Vegetables and maybe a little Hot & Sour Soup. There's probably too much oil in it, but it's a lot better than my husband's Sweet & Sour Pork.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Here's My Menu for Today and Yesterday
Monday March 30
Breakfast
Tuna Loaf Wrapped in Nori
Coffee with Milk
Lunch
Noriwich 6 slices of LF turkey 1 slice of 2% cheese and Baby spinach and 2 tbsp RF mayo
Dinner
Turkey Spinach Pesto "Lasagna" the meat makes the layers The middle is spinach Neufchatel and an egg

Late Night snack HB Egg Warm (YUM)
I actually got my 8 glasses of water in! :bounce:

Today:
Breakfast
1 minute Flax Muffin
Coffee with Milk
Snack
2 HB Eggs
Lunch
Tuna Loaf with baby Spinach
Dinner
Turkey SPinach Pesto Lasagna

Bonus snack (if I get nibbly at work)
Celery & 2 tbsp Hummus
Old 03-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #14  
Revisiting the beach

I would be thrilled if my Phase 1 is as successful as yours, Betsi! Congrats!

I'm hoping that by doing Phase 1 now, I won't raid my kids Easter baskets next week. I know if I see a decent loss by then, I will be able to pass up all those chocolate eggs. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by RenRen; 03-31-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

My p1 loss was never that great- but the change in the way I felt made up for it!!!

Ren- gl staying out of those baskets! LOL I lOVE LOVE LOVE mini eggs... if I get through this year without any it will be nothing short of a miracle!

I just had the best lunch and super low calorie!
stirfry made of broccoli, green beans, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green onion, tomatoes, shirataki noodles, soy sauce, penzey's Bankok blend seasoning, sriracha, and toasted sesame oil. freakin delish! I saved some for lunch tomorrow too... I was thinking of going ahead and making the chili for tonight so it can simmer- its almost too warm for soup weather so I want to make some more before it doesn't sound good anymore!

Well, off to play the wii for a while!
Closed Thread