South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Default First time to Trader Joes!

I loved it! I just moved to California, and I've heard all about Trader Joe's from friends, family, and U guys, and today I made my first trip there. I was amazed at how inexpensive everything was! I got almost everything on my shopping list for $50 less than I would spend at a regular grocery store. I did have to go to Safeway for nsa fudgesicles and sf jello, and ff whip cream. I guess if I want snacks I have to pay crappy grocery store prices. does anyone know if trader joes normally carries ricotta cheese? i couldn't find it anywhere, and had to get that at safeway as well. I'd like to only have to go to one grocery store per week.
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Isn't TJ's great! I'm glad you live close to one now.
Trader Joe's does carry ricotta, and it's usually found in the dairy case near the sour cream and yogurt. You have to look closely, though, as the label is easy to miss. If you can't find something there, ask one of their employees. They are always very helpful and will be happy to help you find whatever you're looking for.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #3  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

God I miss Trader Joes (frozen section). I used to go there weekly when I lived in California. There aren't any in Texas yet.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

I love Trader Joe's, too. May I ask where in California? We have 2 Trader Joe's in neighboring cities where I am in North San Diego County. The organic veggies are a fraction of what they are at other stores and they are the same brand. I've also found ricotta there.
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lucky, lucky, Barista! I miss living in CA, especially when it comes to places like TJ's! Enjoy!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

shrinkingviolet: east san francisco bay area.

i guess i will have to look harder for the ricotta! the one i went to was really close to my house, but it was small. my bf says theres a bigger one up the highway, i'll have to check it out next week.
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote