South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #1  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Day 3 going strong :)

Hi Everyone, I'm new to "the beach"

So I'm really liking this diet. Today is my 3rd day, and it sorta reminds me of Atkins, except I do not feel NEARLY as deprived, or even deprived at all for the matter. It's been kind of hard to stay away from the light beer I like to drink when I get home from a long days work, but today confirmed it's totally worth it. I jumped on the scale this morning and already have dropped 4 lbs. I know it's probably just water weight, but it still motivating. I just have to continue to stay strong ... tonite I have a business dinner at an Italian place (Yikes) so I looked at the online menu in advance and decided on the lemon chicken. It was the only thing not breaded! LOL

Anyway, I'm just babbling now, but wanted to say
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

welcome!!! Hope you like it as much as we do! (hope you like to chat as much as we do!)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

misspiggy! We're happy you decide to join us here.

Please don't confuse this plan with Atkins. Phase 1 is restricted, but once you get to Phase 2, you are allowed fruits and whole grains. Also, make sure you eat plenty of legumes and get in your dairy each day on Phase 1. They will help keep you satisfied and prevent ketosis from setting in.

Check out the threads stickied in the FAQ section, and also look in our recipes section for some great recipes to keep you motivated.

Good luck, and we hope to hear from you often.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to South Beach!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #5  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Jump right in the chickies here are great! Lots of great advice, and I too like to have a light beer more often than I need it I do feel much better whwn I don't have it though! Its hard to talk myself out of it after a long work day though! We can do this together!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

This is my third day as well and i've found it pretty easy to follow. I just try to remember not to eat the fruit/ starches. I have had a few cravings, but I've restrained myself. I really like the ricotta desert that's in the book, i'm surprised I never thought of that before, it's very satisfying.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

to MP408 and Cheeseheader!

Glad it's going well, MP. Dr. A says that beer is the worst possible thing for you...after watching my formerly stick-thin husband develop a "beer belly" for the past 10 years, I can believe it! Bet you'll learn to love an occasional glass of red wine instead.

Cheeseheader, please post a new thread of your own so everyone can get to know you and welcome you, too.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #8  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone! So it WAS going great, but i screwed up and had too much to eat at Easter dinner .. the good news is my South Beach SUPERCHARGED book arrived over the weekend so I'm back on plan again!

hahaha LOL @ beachgal ... ya, I have one of those beer bellies too! And no matter how much I lose my belly is always the last thing to go!
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote