small world after all

• My daughter lives 3,000 miles from us. Last week she started her new job where there are only three other employees. Turns out that one of the grils comes from our town and a park separates our backyards. My daughter never knew her because the girl is 5 yrs younger.
    Also DD met her husband in Dawson City, Yukon (that's next to Alaska). He grew up about 15 miles east of here and his parents still live there.
    Its really a small world isn't it.
    Sophie
  • Yes, it really is. I have met people in France who stayed with my sister on a visit to Ottawa. I was supposed to meet them at dinner at her place but didn't make it. We had a glass of wine together in Annecy instead.

Sophie, we may have been in the same Tim Horton's and not known it.
  • Sophie, DH and I are really into geneology. Turns out our ancestors lived practically next door to each other back in the Ukraine and then again in North Dakota. Guess we were destined to end up together, even though my family lives in CA and his lives in WI!
  • Oh Ruth, I love Annecy! DH's uncle lives there.
  • I too love Annecy. It was just a wonderful surprise. We stopped there on our way Frienza.
    Sophie

Laurie, you say Ukraine, maybe we are related. My parents came from there and I still speak the language.
    Sophie