McD's/Starbucks sf coffees ok?

• I was out shopping today and almost stopped for a McDonald's sugar free vanilla iced coffee. I looked and it a medium has 90 calories, 11g carbs (from the milk I assume) and 0g sugar.

I think Starbucks has something similar. Are sf coffee drinks okay in phase 1? I didnt get one because I wasnt sure.
  • Sugar-free coffee drinks are fine as long as they are made with skim milk or 1% milk. That's where the calories come in. You could probably have it made with 2% milk, but it has a lot more calories and fat in it, so beware.
  • I haven't tried the McDonald's ones, but I love my tall skinny hazelnut latte at Starbuck's! Helps me get my dairy in.
  • I love love love them....helps me get my milk in too!

If you like Cinnamon, try the new one at Starbucks, they have it in SF! YAHOO!!!!
  • The SF "Cinnamon Dolce" is super yummy at Starbucks. It's one flavor I can't make myself at home, so it's a fun splurge.

Just be aware of what caffeine can do to your blood sugar, and try to stick to no more than 2 servings a day as Dr. A suggests.

Also, beyond the milk fat issues, make sure you don't get whipped cream or other sprinkles on top. The Cinnamon Dolce latte traditionally has these little sprinkles, so you may have to ask for it without--though when you order it SF, they often know that you don't want them.

Dunkin Donuts also has a ton of flavors and none of them have sugar. But you have to make sure they don't put sugar in the latte/iced latte. I tend to get them in the store so I can watch as I've had them make mistakes with the drive-thru.