The "What's for Dinner?" Thread. 3/14-3/21

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I have Mediterranean Vegetable Stew in the crock pot. There will be portabello parm on the side.
  • The grocery store had broccoli slaw on sale for $.25 a bag, so I stocked up. I was going to make something with it for tonight, but Jake really wants to go out for Chinese. Hmmmm, what should I do?
  • Chinese made with broccoli slaw? What a bargain! I was happy because I picked up enormous heads of bok choy for $.59.
  • BBQ pork on the grill, collard greens, deviled eggs, some other veggie, and corn fritters for the kiddos.
  • I know the 17th isn't until Tuesday but...I have corned beef in the crockpot and will do cabbage with it a bit later.
  • Quote: The grocery store had broccoli slaw on sale for $.25 a bag, so I stocked up. I was going to make something with it for tonight, but Jake really wants to go out for Chinese. Hmmmm, what should I do?
    I'm with Brian!
  • Honestly, I have no idea.

Last night we had the daal, so tonight I'll probably make the enchiladas. I either need to do that, or put the filling in the freezer.
  • We compromised on supper, I cooked since I have the time for a change, and we'll pick up Chinese one night during the week when we're running short on time.

I made artichoke pasta with a shrimp, broccoli & mushroom marinara arrabiata, and broccoli slaw on the side.
  • I have two pots of Chicken Tortilla Soup simmering on the stovetop. One with real chicken for Jake and DS and his family, (who are joining us for supper), and one for me, made with fake chicken.
  • Meatloaf with spinach and gingered carrots for sure. Then I'll have three mini-loaves fro the stash which is building up again!
  • We have mega amounts of leftovers that need to be taken care of.

Tomorrow night is chicken tortilla soup using the rest of the taco chicken. Man, that double batch has made for a TON of meals! One night of chicken tacos, lunch the next day, one meal of enchiladas, lunch the next day and now chicken tortilla soup.
  • Pasta Primavera: Barilla Plus spaghetti with a TON of veggies: asparagus, orange bell pepper, zucchini, yellow summer squash, sliced mushrooms, halved grape tomatoes sauteed with a little olive oil and garlic. Topped with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

By using a ton of veggies I can get away with not having much pasta.
  • Red beans & rice, steamed cauliflower, homemade oatmeal bread, maybe some bok choy too if I'm ambitious
  • I made it a takeout night... rotisserie chicken, spanish beans, broccoli
  • Edit: Oops, I just realized that this is in the South Beach Diet forum.

CyndiM, your meal sounds delicious! I Bok Choy.