South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #16  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

My sister, as I found out this week, has an image/eating issue. It's sad but I guess when the alternative is what *I* looked like...well anyway. I agree, totally not fair! I am 5'8" and 218 pounds, she's 5'3" and 103. My arm is the size of her leg!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You looked great, Jenn, and looked like you had a lot of fun!!

Hmmm....your sister is a skinny thing. From what you said, makes me think about it...is it better to be like us, or to be like her? Ponder, ponder.

Yesterday was a pleasant day. Not sure what today holds yet. We're hoping to go to the earlier service so the kids can go to sunday school, but I'm not waking up DS when he had a fever the first half of yesterday. I think DH wants to make a road trip for Mexican food (there are no good restaurants for mexican here! Horrible!), and maybe a trip to the park?

Have a great day!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I'm feeling all snug and cozy curled up here on the couch with my coffee and laptap, with a quilt over me. It's dark and dreary outside, but I want to head out to Walmart before too much longer. I hate to go later when it gets crowded, and some people seem to think it's a an indoor playpark for their kids. We'll stop by Mom & Dad's on the way home for a visit, too.
Carley is supposed to dance in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Philly this afternoon, but she's had a bad cough, and Monica is worried about having her out in this damp weather. So they may come out here, instead.

Jenn, you look fantastic in your bridemaid's dress, and I enjoyed the rest of the pictures, too. Your sister is gorgeous bride!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glorious day coming up and I'm hoping more of the snow disappears. The area under the pine tree is now clear and I may do some pine cone clean-up out there after church. We'll see. A walk down to the PO with Disney might be a better idea if the knees cooperate. Cottage, isn't it strange how different our weather can be sometimes?

Twynn, I hope DS is OK and your day turns out as planned. No Mexican restaurants in PA? The horror! I'd stay home and do Taco Bake.

Jenn, you look great in your bridesmaid gown. DW looks lovely too. Your sistr looks like someone from "Say Yes to the Dress". I hope she gets the ED, if that's what it is, in control. I got the fat gene in my family too.

I just took a look at the calendar for the coming week and need to organize my time if I'm going to get stuff done. I also realize I have two reports to present Tuesday and Thursday (Fair Board and Garden Club) so need to get with it. I am such a champion procrastinator. I have seed sprouting that need to be transplanted and the grow lights are still not set-up. Oh the pressure! Yes, finish the turquoise shirt is still on the list although I'm done with quilt tops for a while. Still hope to get another outfit cut out - I need something to crab and procrastinate about!

Time to hop into the shower, into some decent clothes and trundle off to Church. I may take along Disney today if there's not too much mud in the lane.

Oh yes ....Beware The Ides of March! There may be sugar temptations around.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Hmmm....your sister is a skinny thing. From what you said, makes me think about it...is it better to be like us, or to be like her? Ponder, ponder.
I used to believe that thin people had no troubles, and that all my troubles stemmed from my weight. I believed that the only prayer that was ever answered for me was "Bless this food to my body". BTW, that prayer never crosses my lips anymore. But, you know, I'm happy -- fat and happy. That also may be a difference between being 40 and being 20.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #21  

Jenn - You and your sister are both beautiful. I got the fat gene in my family too and I'm the shortest so it shows more.

Taxes are done and I'm getting money back so I'm going to mail that off this morning. I want to go out and comparison price plastic dog igloos. Other than planning meals, grocery shopping and doing some house cleaning today, I'll probably relax. Brian will eat dinner with his dad and then I'll pick him up at 6 so I have the whole day to myself again. Time to go fix breakfast. I slept in this morning.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! It's looking to be a gorgeous spring day here. I'm looking forward to a hike this afternoon and then a family party. Went out with friends last night for a birthday for Sushi and then a piano bar. I was a little worried about how I might fair, sticking with the plan and all, but it went really well. Picked the fillings out of the sushi rolls so to avoid the rice, had some really nice seared scallops, and stuck with green tea and diet coke (not easy with everyone drinking their lovely little tropical looking drinks!) My throat is sore from yelling at the club (it's one of those sing-a-long places) but I truly had a great time. Hope you all have a lovely day!

Last edited by jennygirl531; 03-15-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #23  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks!

Everyone got the fat gene in my family. Italians aren't known for their tall, slender figures DD, however, is built just like her dad and if she doesn't work out she is too thin.

Twynn - Hope DS is all better today and you all get outside to enjoy the sun.

Cottage - Sorry it's gray and damp there. Not as sorry as I'd be if you hadn't been so happy when I got snow and you didn't....

Ruth - If you are a procrastinator I don't know what that makes me - what is slower and more slug like than a slug?! Hope you get a chance to enjoy some of that glorious weather.

Chelby - I was like that with my weight. I really think the reason it was easier to lose this time was because I wasn't so hung up about my appearance. I was perfectly happy with my fat self, I just didn't feel healthy. I think being comfortable in your skin makes it easier.

Barb - Enjoy your day to yourself!

I've got the chore list set and it's twice as long as I can manage, as usual. The crockpot is going and Nessa bars, seitan and bread are on the list. I've got laundry started and am heading back to the freezer to organize once I'm done writing. This afternoon is the cold frame workshop I've been looking forward to so that will eat part of my day. I plan to get some frames up on a couple of beds when I get home. I want to get those greens planted soon! Wow, I'm tired just writing all that Above all I plan to get out for a walk. One of the great things about getting healthy is I make exercise a priority, so I get to go for a walk even if I don't get all my chores done

ETA - Jenny - enjoy that hike It's a little risky to hike here yet - there are some pretty deep snow pockets in the woods. I remember one year stepping in snow up to my hip on the hike, then swimming at the lake!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-15-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

Jenn- You looked beautiful in your pics a"ers all have the "fat" gene by like Cyndi we are half Italian so perhaps that is part of the reason we all have to work hard at loosing and keeping weight off

Barb- Glad to hear you are getting money back.

As for me yesterday afternoon the Furnance decide not to blow any air- I called the repairman but still no answer- I am assuming I am not going to get ahold of him until tomorrow. Luckily the weather has not been to bad. We plugged in a space heater upstairs for overnight and it was not bad at all but downstairs was a tad cold. When we got back from church we plugged the space heater downstairs to warm it up a bit. The thermostat states 60 downstairs. Keep fingers crossed that it not an expensive fix.

Have a good evening
Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #25  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

back from vacation i'll try to catch up later
Closed Thread