Help me spice up this dish..

• Hi folks,
    I'm new here, it's my first week. Things are going good. I had an awesome dinner tonight of sauteed mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic and shrimp. I didn't even miss the spaghetti the rest of my crew were eating!

Question for you. I've been making an egg dish with shredded cabbage and onion and every time I eat it I want to put ketchup with it because it reminds me of a hashbrown. It is so bland but I like the texture and it is filling. What would you add to spice things up??

Thanks,
    Julie
  • I have Heinz low carb ketchup that I like. I also like Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies with just about anything. Yum!
  • I'm a big salsa eater with my eggs & veggies.
  • chunky salsa is great in eggs
  • jules,

would you mind posting that recipe..i love hashbrowns and am forever finding healthier subs for my favorite foods..thank you!
  • Quote: I'm a big salsa eater with my eggs & veggies.

Yes, one of my daily "snacks" is four egg whites cooked in the microwave with a bunch of salsa dumped on top..YUM
  • ditto on the salsa. Delicious, and low fat/calorie as well. Also good on salad!
  • I put Frank's Hot Sauce on nearly everything - but I'm old and live in a cold climate.
    Please DO post the recipe.
  • No really guys, there is no recipe.

I literally saute a bunch of shredded cabbage and onion in olive oil and then add a couple of beaten eggs to it.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • hmmm....like egg foo yung? Might have to look that up in allrecipes...
  • Quote: No really guys, there is no recipe.

I literally saute a bunch of shredded cabbage and onion in olive oil and then add a couple of beaten eggs to it.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    I made this for breakfast this morning. It's my new favorite! YUM!!! I added a clove of garlic and a good shaking of Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning. IMO, it didn't need ketchup or salsa. It was really good.
  • I do this with broccoli slaw mix, super easy breakfast