3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Tenacity Tuesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/166476-tenacity-tuesday.html)

elusivekoolaid 03-10-2009 03:03 AM

Tenacity Tuesday

:broc:

Woot! I hope you're awake! The sun is just coming up here and there are shades of pink and purple in sky. Coffee's on if you're not quite bright eyed and bushy tailed. :coffee:

Not much going on with me. Friday is red nose day here in the UK. It's a day used for raising money for charity and generally done through Comic Relief. The supermarket over here sells red noses (like clown noses) and you're encouraged to do something silly to raise money. I'll be baking cupcakes for the office bake sale which I think is quite ridiculous :dizzy: considering I've been having a few bad days off plan. :o

:dust: Here's some for us all. TTFN!

jennygirl531 03-10-2009 03:11 AM

Hi!

Well, I actually am awake, though it's just after midnight where I am! (I have sleep issues) But I saw your post and wanted to say hello. My son is currently doing a country report on Scotland...I'll have to tell him I "met" someone there ;). Hope it's a great Tuesdays for you!

Jenny (in Arizona)

cottagebythesea 03-10-2009 06:35 AM

Good morning!

Thanks for starting us up, Elusive, but I had to turn down the offer of coffee at 3 am! I am enjoying my first wake-up cup now though. :) I like that idea of a Red Nose Day, it sounds like a fun way to raise money for a good cause. ;)

jennygirl, I hope you are sleeping now! I have sleep issues, too, and they're no fun at all.

Yesterday turned into a busy day, and I didn't get home until after 7 last night. We're planning to go out this afternoon for Audrey's birthday present, and have to stop at the party store for a pinata and some decorations, too. I have to find a good crafts project that will be fast, fun, and easy for the guests as a take-home project, too. Does anyone have any ideas that would be fun for a group of 7 & 8 year old girls to do?

Ruthxxx 03-10-2009 06:43 AM

How cool is this? Two Jennies, thousands of miles apart, chatting across eight (?) time zones! Glad you two got us started today. :hug:

Am slowly adjusting to the time change. For some reason I wanted dinner and bedtime earlier yesterday - weird! Of course it was a snowy dark day and I was dealing with sore knees which may have caused that.

Stuff to do today for my supper meeting tomorrow. I dug a couple of packs of stewing beef out of the freezer yesterday and checked the dates - 2006 and 2007! The dogs will enjoy them. Luckily my butcher was able to cut me some beef yesterday so I'll tackle it this morning. Stew is so much better after 24 hours.

My plant order is now in for the Church - with a few goodies for me, of course. Now I just need Spring to get rid of yesterday's snow.

Tenacity Tuesday is a great title. I plan to stick to today's plan like a dog with a bone.

TwynnB 03-10-2009 07:43 AM

Good morning ladies!

I LOVE the red nose idea...silly things!!

I think I was up at 3 am....darned it....

I'm in denial right now...need to wake up the kids....it's spring break, so DS is off, actually he's going with his sister to daycare today. I have a long day at work, but not hectic.

And tomorrow we close on the house! (will you see me much on here after that??!)

Have a great day!

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-10-2009 07:55 AM

Good morning....

Couldn't sleep for beans last night and when I finally did fall asleep, husband's alarm went off. I wanted to throw that cell phone out the window into the next county.

Supermarket day today along with a bunch of new listings I have to enter into the MLS. I've got a closing Friday and a few loose ends to tie up for that. Daughter is coming by this afternoon for lunch.

Scale showed a .2 increase. I'm gonna blame the cell phone for that.

Have a great day!

Skinnybride 03-10-2009 08:17 AM

Morning all havent been around for several days yesterday was my bday made it through with no gain. Now back to strictly sbing

cottagebythesea 03-10-2009 08:22 AM

A belated :bday2you: Skinnybride! I hope you had a very happy day!

jenny515 03-10-2009 08:24 AM

Good morning all:
Cottagebythesea: My daughter and her friends like to do necklaces with beads.
I go to Walmart and get some beads and strings in the crafts and that can keep them busy for a long time.

Today we have freezing rain in central Wisconsin. It is suppose to change to rain later today.
I don't like going out in this yuck.
I get to have my boobs squeezed today by that fun mammogram machine.
Well everyone have a super day. I will after that.:dizzy:

Happy Birthday.

MomPOM 03-10-2009 08:52 AM

Good morning ladies!

This time change is killing me, coupled with trouble sleeping. Of course, if I weren't so engrossed in this book I'm reading I'd probably get some decent sleep.

The red nose thing sounds so fun. Wish we did something like that here.

Happy Belated Birthday Skinnybride!

Jenny, stay safe. That freezing rain is horrible. We just have rain down here in Chicago. But it's yucky yucky outside.

Today I have to finish a painting for my art class. I should probably clean up my house AGAIN for the 6 millionth time. Ceramics class tonight where I should really, really glaze some pieces. Otherwise, not a lot going on.

elusivekoolaid 03-10-2009 08:55 AM

HA HA! Do you see how the Jenny's are takin over?! First the beach:beach:, then the world muwahahahahaha...:devil:

:welcome3: Jennygirl! What kind of Scotland project is it? If I can be of any assistance, do let me know!!! :)

Cottage: What if you gave the girls an iced cupcake each and bought them wee sprinkles and misc other decos and let them go to town?

Ruth: I agree about the stew!!! It is always better 24 hours later. Chilli too!

Twynn: Hope your day isn't too crazy. Good luck with your house closing!

Diva: Dunno 'bout you...I've been there with the alarm thing! Do you think it could be classed as positive visualisation if you picture the phone flying out of the window? ;)

Skinny: I'm encoring cottages birthday falicitations!!! :celebrate:

Jenny: :welcome3: Good luck with your scan!

MomPOM: You could always start yourself a trend and get red nose day going near you!! Have fun at your ceramics.

As for moi: still quite busy at ye auld counter. Everybody is excited for red nose day. I think I'm going to make red popcorn balls as well. We bought pins for Friday as red clown noses at the counter might freak out the pensioners!!! See you chix later!

Ruthxxx 03-10-2009 09:12 AM

I think Red Nose Day is terrific. We need to start more of them.

Time to get off my butt and on with today! I've had five phone calls so far and am considering turning off the ringer so I can get stuff done.

Schmoodle 03-10-2009 09:24 AM

Good morning chicks. I guess today's going to be hectic! I had an early telecon (which I am still on but my part is over), during which my DD1 called on the other line. She had to travel to a training class an hour away and got herself lost, so I was google-mapping directions for her and calming her down at the same time, as I was teleconing and taking DD2 to school. How's that for multi-tasking? Haven't had time for breakfast yet.
Oh, and I think I have or had a skunk in the crawlspace under the back of the house. The bathroom back there really stinks! I closed the door and will stay out and leave that for DH to deal with.
Just flitting through right now, but I will be back later. I guess I should really fix something to eat and pay attention to what's going on on the phone.

Kim_Star060404 03-10-2009 09:50 AM

Good morning, chickies! We're a talkative bunch this morning, aren't we? I'm glad I'm working on cup #2 of coffee, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the chatter! :lol:

Jenny (#1) :D: I hope you have a nice day at the counter today! Red Nose Day sounds fantastic! (As do your cupcakes!) You'll have to tell us about all the antics this weekend!

Jenny (#2): I hope you got some sleep last night. Good luck to DS on his project. School projects about foreign countries were always some of my favorites!

Cottage: I like jenny515's idea of a jewelry-making craft! I've also seen paint pens at craft stores that you use to decorate dishware and then bake it and the decorations are permanent and usable to eat on, microwave and throw in the dishwasher. That would be quick and fun and they could bake while the girls were eating cake! I hope you get it figured out and get all of your errands run!

Ruth: I'm going to clean out our freezer this weekend to start getting ready for new steer season. Want me to send your doggage some of my meat? (It's probably just from 2008.) ;) I hope you have a wonderful day and that your knee isn't giving you any troubles.

Twynn: Yay on closing on the house! I'm sure you'll get things in ship-shape and be regularly posting in no time. Spring break already? It seems so early! :yikes: Have a great day!

Diva: I've had nights like those and they stink. Get some rest today, if you can. :hug:

Skinnybride: Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great one!

jenny515: I don't envy your boob-squishing appointment, but I hope everything goes well. Be careful out in that awful weather!

MomPOM: Good morning. It sounds like we may need to start a "sleep-troubles" support group around here. What are you painting? Being that involved in art sounds wonderful!

Schmoodle: You're the multitasking queen! Did DD make it to her destination okay? I hope she wasn't late for something important. Enjoy your morning!

Me: Well, the in-laws are probably on the road right now and DH is going to be gone most of the night preparing for a hearing he has to testify at in the morning. (Poaching on state lands case.) I'll have a nice, quiet evening at home. The house is surprisingly decent and I'll just need to wipe down some counters, sweep and mop and clean up the bathroom. I'll need to get the guest sheets washed, but I won't worry about trying to get the beds remade until tomorrow night.

Ranger, the little dachshund, has a vet appointment at 11:30 this morning. He caught one of his little toenails on something and it fell of last night. He seems to be much better since it fell off, but I want to take him in to be sure it's not infected or anything. DH isn't going to be able to come with me because of the case, but I wish he could. I HATE holding the dogs at the vet. Seeing him being poked and prodded may make him whine, which will make me want to cry. Sometimes I hate being so attached to the little bugger.

Things are going well here. I'm not sure where my weight is, but I'm definitely feeling stronger and more toned. I'm starting to see muscle definition in my arms and legs and that's SO exciting!!! :carrot:

CyndiM 03-10-2009 10:13 AM

Good morning Gals! I was slow going this morning so checking in from the office. What is it about the time change that throws us off so much?! I could have slept in for another hour or two today. Ah well.

Scotland Jenny - The red nose thing sounds like fun! Is it a local thing or nationwide (I could ask my mate but I'll ask you and look clever when I talk to her ;) )

Jenny - I hate being up in the middle of the night!

Cottage- I have no ideas but can't wait to hear what you come up with :)

Ruth - It's not easy being popular ;)

Twynn - Wow, it's really happening! How exciting.

Mom - Do you have pictures of any of your pieces? Sounds like a nice balance between mom time and you time.

Schmoodle - We have a monthly conference call that several of us always email through. Someone always gets caught - you can tell because a question will be directed at someone who won't actually know what the discussion has been. Oops. I usually opt for "I have nothing new to add right now" ;)

Kim - Aren't muscles the greatest?? I have visible, toned muscles for the first time in my life and don't get tired of admiring them. What a great feeling :)

Okay, gotta get back to work. The bosses office is behind mine so I shouldn't be surfing too much because the first thing she sees coming out of her office is my computer screen. :eek: