3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Stuck in a Rut on Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/166319-stuck-rut-phase-1-a.html)

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 09:34 AM

Stuck in a Rut on Phase 1

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I restarted Phase 1 on February 23. Then, I had a few days off of work and I cheated, so I restarted Phase 1 on Tuesday. I am having issues because the weight isn't coming off like the first time I did Phase 1. I have to admit, I am eating the "protein packed cheesecake" for breakfast because I am extremely sick of eggs. Do you think that's doing it? Also, my husband and I started to jog 1-2 times a week, so I am getting more exercise than I used to with that. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

rdw1 03-08-2009 11:46 AM

The less you have to lose the slower the weight will come off, and hard to tell without seeing your daily menus...

I suggest you post them and many will chime in :)

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 11:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I honestly don't have a "daily" menu because it changes. The only constant thing is either eggs or the cheesecake for breakfast, but sometimes, instead of having the eggs for breakfast, I"ll have it for lunch.

Schmoodle 03-08-2009 12:10 PM

If you have previously detoxed recently, you probably won't have the water weight woosh you had the first time. Just remember the point of Ph1 is to get rid of the cravings and the real weight loss will happen in Ph2. The breakfast cheesecake (made according to the recipe) is a little heavy, so eating it every day may not be a good idea. I love it, but make it as an occasional treat, It makes a lot so I freeze the slices wrapped individually.

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 12:12 PM

Thanks Schmoodle. When the cheese cake defrosts, does it taste the same?

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-08-2009 12:16 PM

Do you know how many calories you're taking in?

It's pretty easy to overeat on SB simply because the idea is that you eat until you're "full" or "satisfied". Overeaters may not get the results they want with this. I think the benefit of SB is in WHAT to eat; counting calories will tell you HOW MUCH to eat.

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 12:22 PM

I honestly have no idea because I didn't think that you needed to county calories on this. I guess I should start paying attention.

CyndiM 03-08-2009 12:27 PM

Phase 1 is for detoxing and there shouldn't be a strong focus on calories. The book is pretty clear - eat until you are satisfied.

Why don't you post yesterday's food? even though every day is different we may be able to make suggestions :)

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-08-2009 12:29 PM

Faith,

You don't need to count calories on SB. They don't tell you to do that so please don't think I'm suggesting you should. But if you're on SB for several weeks and nothing's happening, you have to look at other reasons. It certainly isn't the food choices that'll do you in on SB, but the quantities may really mess you up if you're not conscious of your portions.

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 12:30 PM

Breakfast- Cheesecake from the recipe section

Lunch- 2 turkey burgers with low fat cheese

Dinner- 2 pieces ham, 3 pieces roast beef, 1/2 piece turkey, salad (we went out to dinner)

swandive81 03-08-2009 12:32 PM

Faith- I am sure everyone here will echo this, but it seems like you're really low on veggies (4 1/2 cups a day.... that would have to be a huge dinner salad!).

CyndiM 03-08-2009 12:33 PM

Faith - Have you read the book yet? I looks like you need to add more vegetables and a serving of beans. Dr. A recommends at least 4.5 cups of veggies a day and that shouldn't all be salad.

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 12:34 PM

I think you're right- I've been trying to get more veggies in. I've been trying to add them to lunch and dinner. I'm not a big salad fan, so it's more like spinach, brocoli, and mushrooms

FaithRunner2005 03-08-2009 12:35 PM

I've read the book when I started in November. Is there anything I can replace beans with? I can't stand beans at all, unless they are green or string

CyndiM 03-08-2009 12:40 PM

Spinach & broccoli are great vegetable choices!

Have you tried the chickpea crunchies and/or bean dips or hummus? White beans are really mild and mashed with garlic, basil and a little olive oil you might not even notice any bean taste. I'm sure other Chicks will have suggestions too. I can't imagine doing this plan without beans but I bet there are other people who aren't fans :)