South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

Good morning and Happy Friday!

For some reason this week has flown by. I'm looking forward to a nice weekend, and our weatherman has promised lots of sunshine and mild temperatures. There's sure to be tons of mud, but at least all this snow should be out of here. Cyndi took the girls skiing for probably the last time this season, so I didn't see them at all yesterday. There was plenty for me to do at their place, though. We have a tentative playdate scheduled for this afternoon, I think. Either way, we're getting some outdoors time today.

Schmoodle, I'm glad your friend is doing OK, and I hope you're feeling much better, too.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Looks like Spring is sneaking in early up here too, Cottage. It's certainly not going to be sunny but the warm rain and wind will help get rid of the crud. As soon as it dries up. Poop Patrol will be on my To Do List.

This morning I have desk and around the house stuff to tackle and hope to work in some sewing. This afternoon I am off to Brockville for a funeral and may work in a wee bit of a produce shop when I'm in town.

I have 14 people coming for dinner (Church stuff) next Wednesday so will have to go to town again early next week. We are having crockpot beef stew, make-ahead mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Four of us are diabetic so I'll need to figure out a legal dessert.

Dogs are agitating to go out again. Don't they know I'm busy? I think they have Spring fever. I know I do. (I potted some cuttings) yesterday.)

Have a coffee and help me welcome Spring.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Enjoy your outdoor time!

Schmoodle - That's really good news for everyone.

It's gray here now but this afternoon and tomorrow look lovely. I might just have to risk a drive to the coast Speaking of, the PT taped my neck yesterday and that stuff is great. This is the best morning I've had in 5 weeks

Hope everyone gets to enjoy a little of the promised sunshine today

ETA - Good morning Ruth! I can see the tops of my raised beds and hope to put up my cold frame this weekend. Hope you get the sunshine tomorrow if it doesn't arrive this afternoon.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-06-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #4  

Ruth, I hope you get all your niggles accomplished this morning. It's a shame you have to end the day with a funeral, though.

Cyndi, I'm so happy for you that you had a good night. What did the PT do? I don't understand what you mean by taping your neck?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cottage - enjoy your outside time! I hope I get some too!

Ruth - Hope your day goes well. You are always such a busy beaver!

Cyndi - a drive to the beach sounds beautiful! Hope you enjoy!

Me - Work 2-7, arent' you excited for me? All he!! broke loose yesterday, I didn't get home until 8:30 (after two euthanasias ). Hopefully, my day will be cheerier today.

I forgot my chiropractor appt on Wednesday (how, I dunno, I wasn't doing anything), and I think my body rebelled for revenge. I don't think my neck has ever been this painful...it even hurts to drink coffee!! (hmm....coffee thru a straw?) Luckily I have an appt today. Sad thing is, I REALLY wanted to go on a long outside run today with the beautiful weather, and you know as well as I know that would really be stupid. Sigh. It's almost 50 here today!!

Hope everyone's Friday is delightful!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
What did the PT do? I don't understand what you mean by taping your neck?
It's a tape athletes use a lot. She says you see it a lot in the summer Olympics, except theirs is colorful and mine is neutral. I guess it pulls the skin and makes more room underneath which decreases inflammation. It breaths so I can leave it on a few days (no blow drying though or it's hard to remove). It's definitely making a difference without more drugs so I'm really happy.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #7  

Cyndi, now I know what you're talking about. I DO remember seeing one of the volleyball players wearing that tape during the summer olympics. I'm glad it's helping you.

Twynne, some days your job isn't much fun, isn't it? Your neck pain sounds awful, I hope it eases up soon. It seems like a lot of us have neck pain, wonder what's going on?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #8  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

TGIF indeed

Cottage: Enjoy your lovely weather and mind the mud!!!

Ruth: Hooray 4 spring!!!

Cyndi: Glad the PT was able to help. Congrats on your grand morning!

Twynn: I hope all goes well at your appt!!!

As for me: The natives are restless today. I foresee disgruntled peeps (and not the sweet marshmallowy kind) rolling in the door. My throat is all swollen again and I'm praying to avoid more tonsilitus. My doctor suggested an abcess and I'm beginning to wonder...more like the paranoia is setting in. Ah well. I've started a to do list for the weekend and hopefully I'll get off my duff and to do it!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Friends,

I'm glad we aren't the only ones enjoying the beautiful weather. It's supposed to be mid 70s today. WooHoo!!! We are going fishing! I went to the courthouse to get my fishing license yesterday. Hooray for legal! We never keep the fish we catch. I'd rather buy faceless fish in the grocery store.

Auston is giving me the "Get Ready, MOM!" You all enjoy your day.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, and thanks for your concern on behalf of my friend. I don't know if she'll need chemo or not yet, but hopefully no.
We are getting the beautiful weather too, they are predicting 50's today, and up into the 70's over the weekend. No excuses for not getting out and walking. Maybe it will help me get my energy back. I feel better today, but my throat is still sore, don't know what that's about.

cottage, have fun outside, whatever you end up doing!
Ruth, poop patrol, oh no, that does not sound fun. I'm sorry you have to go to a funeral today.
Cyndi, I'm glad the tape helped your neck.
Twynn, sorry about your tough day yesterday and about the neck pain. Maybe the tape would help you?
Jenny, hope your day hasn't been too tough so far.
Have fun fishing Chelby, sounds like a great way to spend your day! Faceless fish!
Barb, congrats on the divorce progress!

I don't really know how my day will go, haven't looked at my lists yet. I know I've got a lot of loose ends to tie up at work, and a training session to attend via phone. I may or may not have a trip on Monday, depending on the mood of the govt customer. DD is doing Jump Rope for Heart after school, then probably pizza night at my mom's. In any case it's Friday and it's relatively warm, so woo-hoo!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, well, a good rainy morning! I might actually have to turn the lights on since it is so dim in here. Oh well, just means spring is coming!!

Not much on the agenda today, however tonight I`m going to a friend`s to watch low-budget horror movies, one of my favourite pasttimes.

Cyndi - I had to have my shoulder taped up which felt fabulous, but I was allergic to the tape so I had to stop. But I know the feeling of relief you are having.

Chelby - I will happily take your fish. I eat everything I catch, unless it`s too small. We have pike, perch, and trout in our freezer right now. Yummo! But alas, our fish shack will be coming off the ice this weekend.

Enjoy your day, I`m going to go jump on my son and smother him with kisses now!

Somebody please send me some
Old 03-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 314/314/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning chicks! It was my sleep in morning. I love having a three day weekend every other week!

cottage: glad to see that spring has started your way. Hopefully it will stay!

Ruth: You reminded me of another chore I have to get in this weekend. Poop patrol is not my favorite pasttime.

Cyndi: I am glad to hear that you have relief without more drugs. I hate having to take drugs to feel better.

Twynn: You reminded me of something also - I really need to call my chiropractor. I have been bad and haven't been going regularly and I can feel it in my lower back and neck.

Jenny: Hope the natives aren't too bad for you today and that the sore throat isn't too bad.

Chelby: Enjoy fishing! I haven't done that since I was a kid. I might do that this summer with my DB and his son.

Schmoodle: I work for the govt too, so I feel your pain. I remember doing Jump Rope for Heart when I was in school! I loved to jump rope.

Steen: I love horror too, just not alone. (I am a big scardy cat!) I would send some sun your way, but we don't have any here today. Cloudy and windy, but they are saying no rain.

Since I got a later start today, I am planning on cleaning house and doing laundry. Then I pick up my DBs son from school today since it is our weekend with him. I have to go grocery shopping too and still decide what is for dinner and try to plan for this weekend since it is a busy one and I don't want to cheat.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just stopping by to say hello this morning (afternoon, really). The in-laws get here tomorrow around lunch, so I took half a day off today to clean and get groceries bought. I'm not sure how I feel about them visiting right now, but it will make DH happy for us to all have a good weekend, so I'll be on my best behavior. Okay, one more hour left to get all this paperwork done, so I'm off!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #14  

It's another beautiful day today here. Brian leaves for Camporee this evening so I'm not sure what my plans are. Maybe catch up on the ER episodes I have taped and get on the Wii Fit. Tomorrow morning I'm taking Rex in to be checked out at the vet. His heartworm treatment was Feb 17th so he is still in the one month keep quiet period. Brian tried to replace a broken doorknob last night but the old hole isn't big enough so I'm hoping Don can come by to drill out the hole for me today so I can get a door knob back in.

Robert finally went to the storage unit last night where I had put all his stuff. He actually thought that Brian or I would remember which box his remotes were in. I think we packed about 60 boxes (maybe more) and they are labelled on the top. It took four hours to move them and we didn't pay a lot of attention as to which boxes went where. I don't know if he ever did find it. We waited 11 months before moving anything out of the house which gave him plenty of time to move it on his own.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Hi Again!

Back from fishing. It is supposed to be sunny today, but it's not. Bummer! I spent all my time trying to keep Auston fishing. He lost his lure twice, twisted up his line around the pole too many times to count, and hit his dad once with his pole -- HARD! It was quite the adventure. No one even got a nibble. I think it is still too cold.

Cyndi, you will appreciate this. We saw the most amazing thing. A huge flock (?) of turkeys! We counted 17 females and 2 gobblers. The gobblers were in full strut with their tail feathers fanned. It was so neat! They made all kinds of noise. I occasionally see a turkey or two, but never a bunch like that.

I just realized yesterday that if I click on a screen name, and visit 'public profile', some of you have pictures! ElusiveKoolaid, your wedding picture is wonderful! So, is it true? No underwear?
Closed Thread