South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #61  

I ate some canned salmon, steamed brussel sprouts, 1/4 cup black beans, tbs of salsa, and a 1/4 of an avocado for some fat since the salmon didnt hardly have any and a 1/2 cup of milk. The milk is going to be my problem. I could drink 4-5 cups a day! I may not be able to drink just 2 maybe have to have 3. I know I am bad. That was my lunch by the way. I had some red bell pepper and hummus for a snack but it was 30 mins before my lunch cuz I had a late snack and got so hungry. I also lifted weights today.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #62  
failure is not an option

S/C/G: 250/233/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 1!

Hi all! I am back on the beach after being off since last summer. My obgyn "highly" recommends that if we want another child that I lose weight and do it using South Beach. We went grocery shopping this morning and I upped our weekly budget by $75. There is no such thing as cheap produce where I live. I just finished an hour prepping in the kitchen for the week of work lunches and snacks, even dessert. Here's on week 1 menu:

Breakfast - veggie quiche cups from book
Snacks - celery, cucumbers with veggie dipping sauce (light sour cream & powder packet) and zucchini chips
Lunch - either bean salad with lite ving. (found Paul Newman's lite for 1g sugar) or turkey curry wrap
Dinner - got even planned to get me through Saturday
Dessert - cheescake cups

Thank you so much for all your recipe posts! I spent hours over the weekend reading, writing down and now get to eat!

I even started day 1 interval training which thankfully ok with my physical therapist. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #63  

Can everyone look at my menu

bfast- 2 boiled eggs and a low sodium v8 and a glass of milk

snack- hummus and red pepper

Lunch-1/2 can of salmon, brussel sprouts, 1/4 c of black beans and salsa and 1/4 of avocado

snack-cucumbers and red pepper with hummus and 1 oz of cheese and 1 tsp of almond butter

dinner- homeade lean taco meat on a bed of lettuce with salsa, 1/4 c of black beans, low fat cheese, olives, tbs of light sour cream.

I feel like I am eating too much fat but its good fats. I am also drinking alot of water.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

My diet is super high in fat, too. I'm at about 40% protein, 45% fat, and 15%carbs. Jeez! Those avocados will get you every time!

Anyway, today is Day 8. Got through the first week without much of a hitch. Calories averaged at about 1100/day (although today was only 800) and what I'm most looking forward to next week is a bowl of oatmeal with a banana so I can go run my stinking five miles.

Phase 2 means I get to hit the gym and lace up my running shoes!!!

Last edited by AnAbsoluteDiva; 03-09-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #65  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

The Plan for Tomorrow
is
B Broc Cheese Quiche
S Atkins Shake with Coffee (I know not 100% Ph 1 but I have to go to the store for some bonus Protein)
Lunch Chicken Breast & Salad
S Cashews
Dinner
London Broil and Smashed Cauliflower
Old 03-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #66  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Plan for tomorrow:

I don't have DS1 in the morning so I will actually have a minute to make something.

B: cinnamon omelet with ricotta filling; fenugreek tea; water
S: hummus and veggies; water
L: grilled turkey burger sans bun; bean salad with tomatoes and onions; milk
S: deviled eggs (2); celery; water
D: fish tacos with tilapia wrapped in lettuce leaves with cilantro, tomatoes, pico de gallo and cheddar; roasted asparagus; milk
S: apple with peanut butter ricotta (I know it isn't phase 1, but I need the extra carbs because I'm nursing); water

I definitely cannot have fruit any other time than after dinner or it makes me crave like crazy. For the last few nights, I've been having a half apple with 3 celery sticks with a T. of peanut butter and it's really satisfied any sweet cravings I might have. I tried an apple in the mid afternoon last week and I was ravenous the rest of the evening. Live and learn, I guess. I also learned that I can have grains for breakfast or dinner, but not for lunch or afternoon snack or I get really hungry for the rest of the day.

Last edited by zeffryn; 03-10-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Zeff,

I'm so jealous you're eating fruit.

Say hi to the bananas for me, will ya?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #68  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAbsoluteDiva View Post
Zeff,

I'm so jealous you're eating fruit.

Say hi to the bananas for me, will ya?
I can't. My son ate them all.

...in one sitting when I was in the shower.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4'11''

I fell off of Day 1 already (yesterday).

I'm not going to give up...going back on the pony and do my best today.

Despite the fact that on the counter here at my desk at the office, they laid out an entire tray of various girl scout cookies. Basically in front of my face. :sigh:
Old 03-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Dinner idea...

So, I have a dh and 4 kids...I don't like to make separate meals, so I always try to make something for dinner that they'll like that's easy for me to get what I need out of it. Pasta dinners are always difficult (if I can't eat the spaghetti, what can I eat???) So, last night I made spaghetti with chicken sauce. Instead of the pasta, I ate it over my veggies. It was super yummy & very easy, so I thought I'd share it. I don't much like the jarred sauces (plus they generally have sugar in them) so I use two cans of diced Itallian ready tomatoes instead. I pan cooked some chicken tenders, chopped them up and then add the tomatoes and let it simmer a bit. Super easy! I know there's a limit to the amount of tomatoes you're allowed, but I don't think even the amount in the sauce would be one tomato (at least what I ate).

Good luck to all today!
Jenny

PS: Beesknees...you can do it! Get back up there!! (just a little encouragement from one "petite" (5'2") gal to another)

Last edited by jennygirl531; 03-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #71  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

today has not gone as planned
But I've yet begun to fight
My Throat and Mouth are still super sore from the root canal
Its 1.5 today
Breakfast
1/3 chicken breast half (not a good idea)
1 cup 1%milk heated through with a tbsp of instant coffee
2 tbsp PB
slice of 2% cheese
Snack
1 packet Oats ( iwas going nuts for food and was nauseous!)
Lunch 7 oz 2% Greek Yogurt
Possibly some cottage cheese in a bit
Snack LCL
Dinner still going to make the London broil it has to get cooked
but will prolly have ff RF beans and rf mexican cheese
or Tuna

Snack LCL
Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #72  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennygirl531 View Post
I know there's a limit to the amount of tomatoes you're allowed, but I don't think even the amount in the sauce would be one tomato (at least what I ate).
I've never heard of a limit on tomatoes. I think you can eat as much as you want.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #73  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Lightbulb Day 2

Hi all! Today is my 2nd day on SBD. In the past, I've had success on the Fat Smash Diet. But it never helped me control my cravings and intense need for all things sweet! So here I am...trying to break an addiction I've had my entire life.

Wish me luck!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 138/135.6/128

Height: 5'8 1/2

Today went well. Tomorrow is day three, and my plan is:

B: two scrambled eggs
L: smoked salmon, side salad
D: turkey meatballs, roasted vegetables
S: SF yogurt, walnuts

Hopefully all goes as planned. I might need another snack in there.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #75  
beachin'

I need to make more bean salad tonight. It was really filling and really hit the spot today.

The plan for tomorrow:

B: scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach
L: tuna and white bean salad (tuna, white beans, red onion, tomato and vinaigrette )
D: chicken tacos - I'll have one tortilla and one on lettuce; roasted broccoli and cauliflower
S: red peppers and hummus; celery and peanut butter

--

ETA: found a great way to enjoy peanut butter with fewer calories. I mixed a teaspoon of peanut butter with 1/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese. I scooped it up with celery sticks. It gave just enough peanut butter flavor without having to use an entire fat allotment.

Last edited by zeffryn; 03-11-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Closed Thread