South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

No problem, Steen. Glad I could help.

Hey.... no need to rush this thing, right? Two pounds a week is like 104 pounds by this time next year.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 314/314/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Steen! My official weigh-in day is Monday, so we will see what the first weekend on South Beach is like for me. I have had a good day so far, but being home alone with my DBs snacks has been a little harder than I thought. But, so far I have resisted. I have kept myself busy, so that has helped.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 199/194/150

I personally have nothing in the house chocolate. I even got rid of the cocoa powder and the unsweetened baking chocolate. This is too new to me to even take a chance. If its not in the house I can't eat it.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

TOM hit me! POOP!!! But I am still down almost 6 lbs, which is good!

I think the cravings are over for the most part, I forgot how much better I felt without all of the cr@p carbs in my bod!!!!

WELL done everyone....1 lbs lost is better then gaining or maintaing
Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #35  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny515 View Post
I personally have nothing in the house chocolate. I even got rid of the cocoa powder and the unsweetened baking chocolate. This is too new to me to even take a chance. If its not in the house I can't eat it.
Blech. I would have to be having one he!! of a craving to eat unsweetened baking chocolate!

haha.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Ummmmm, I LOVE semi-sweet baker's chocolate.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 199/194/150

Believe me I would find something to make it sweet like maple syrup. I am a compulsive overeater and I can't have my triggers around me.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #38  

I am joining this thread. My husband this morning made eggs with peppers and I have been debating on when to restart SB for a bit now. So I went to the fridge and saw the root beer and cranberry juice and lemon lime seltzer and picked up the cranberry juice and said oh well SBD will have to wait. Then I thought what the **** am I doing and put it down and took the seltzer instead. So here I am jumping out on a limb like the first time and just saying this is it I am doing it. I dont even remember if my seltzer is allowed on phase 1 anyone know for sure?
So I am making a list and going to the market. I am extremely picky and dont like a lot of things and hate to cook so that helps right lol.
I had much luck with this plan years ago and fell off the wagon and could never get back on. I am at my highest weight ever and have to do this.
I def. need all the support I can get and if anyone can share their meals/ideas for them and snacks etc that would be great.
Looking fwd to getting to know everyone!

Kimberly
Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting Ph1 day 1 today

Hey all! So I'm starting at day 1 today and figured I'd join this group/thread to make it official since I've been waffling about whether to jump in SBD again. I've tried it a couple times before, only once made it through the first 2 weeks. I lost 8 lbs that time, but as soon as I had a taste of bread after that I went hogwild and started eating everything in sight! Hopefully I can be better prepared this time when I start adding things back in.

I'm a major sugar junkie, so this is the plan I keep coming back to b/c I know it really does address those cravings. It's just so hard to get past these first few days! Glad to see I'm not alone here! Good luck to all! -Jenny
Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #40  

KimberlyHeidi,

Too bad you don't like to cook. I love to cook. Make yourself fall in love with it. Watch cooking shows (Food TV) or even Top Chef on Bravo. I find it so inspiring. What I love about cooking is blending flavors with herbs. I enjoy the chopping and dicing, all the prep work, using my beautiful dishes when I sit down to eat, cleaning my kitchen afterwards. It's such a state of mind, it's so therapeutic, and what I love about SB is that you have to cook EVERYTHING. It's heaven for me, and if you could browse through books and magazines and just fall in love with the creation of meals, you'd have a wonderful time of it.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #41  

Hi all, this is my first day. I did phase 1 last May and did great until the first day of phase 2. The whole grain cereal I ate made me nuts and I ate everything I could get my hands on. This time around I will be more careful-when I start with whole grains I'm going to eat them in the evening so I'll be asleep when the cravings get to me. I hope it will help anyway.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

Echoing what AnAbsoluteDiva said... just a suggestion, if you have the time and money, perhaps take a cooking class... many culinary schools and even some stores (Sur La Table, for example, and some grocery chains) have novice classes in the evening, and they're great fun... the most valuable thing I ever learned was how to properly cut an onion... changed everything for me (although i still cry)!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #43  

AnAbsoluteDiva & Swan: I know I wish I liked to cook. My husband is the cook of the house and is always watching cooking shows and is a little obsessed lol. His brother is actually a chef and I think my DH needs to change his career although he claims its just a hobby. I like to bake sweets but thats about it lol.

So Day 1 went ok. I felt kinda crappy and not so great. My nutritionist really wants me to start with phase 2 or at least 1 1/2 as everytime last time I added something slowly in I would gain so I would be stuck with phase #1. Still not sure about that and am going to talk to her Monday about it.

So here is my menu. I was away most of the day and it didnt go exactly as planned.

Break: eggs and peppers and seltzer water
snack: baby spinach salad with some turkey and low fat cheese mixed in with a small amount of dressing
Lunch: 2 scoops of tuna and a fat free "strawberry" (fake strawberry) smoothie
snack: missed it
Dinner: Grilled lemon chicken with grilled veggies and diet pepsi
And for dessert I will have my sf ff fudge pop
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #44  

God bless you for being able to eat tuna and a strawberry shake in the same meal. Not to mention eggs and seltzer water.

When you say a small amount of dressing, how small an amount is that? I remember measuring two tablespoons of salad dressing for the first time. Jeez.... it isn't much.

Measuring cups and spoons are the greatest teachers.

Cook WITH your husband. It's an incredibly intimate experience and you'll see how much fun it is. DH and I take turns being executive chef and sous chef. We love it!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #45  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAbsoluteDiva View Post
Cook WITH your husband. It's an incredibly intimate experience and you'll see how much fun it is. DH and I take turns being executive chef and sous chef. We love it!
You're giving me ideas here!
Closed Thread