South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Cluckings

Good morning! We are warming up - sort of. Today we are going up to a high of 10ºF - a veritable heat wave! We are also getting snow which will cover up the yellow marks on my deck! (I can't say I blame Jazz since it has been a cold week and he is a puppy.)

This morning, after more coffee, I am tackling the list of niggles I made on Monday. (I've been a bit lazy this week.) At noon I'm off to town for a quilting class. I'll be gone until around five so Claire is going to pop in and give the dogs a potty break. It's so nice to have friends. I've made her a Shepherd's Pie and some cole slaw as a thank-you supper. "One hand washes the other."

Next week is shaping up as a busy one so I need to get "stuff" done this weekend.

What's happening under your Beach Umbrella?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ruth and all the other chicks!

Gosh, I hate myself when I wake up early on aday off. Woke up at 6, can't fall back to sleep, darned it. Problem is...I don't do anything...that's good and bad, I guess....time alone without children, but house still dirty!

Ruth - I understand the procrastination thing. That's sweet of you to make stuff for your friend!

Me - nothing much on the slate. Clean the refrigerator out...really good. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Were thinking of taking the kids ice skating sometime too (indoor rink). It's too cold (-5 right now) to take them outside. Wish I knew if we were getting the house, I could start packing!

I could finish packing up my "fat" clothes...hmmm....maybe tomorrow .

Have a great weekend ladies, stay warm!

Tammy
Old 01-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I guess being in single digits below zero is better than double
I'll just have another cup of coffee.

Ruth - Bundle up and stay warm up there! Have fun erranding

Twynn - Enjoy your quiet morning. I look at it as found time, might as well enjoy it since you aren't sleeping in.

I think it's going to be a quiet at home weekend. We toyed with the idea of going somewhere bird chasing but it's cold everywhere and that means 8+ hours in the car and no real walking or even good stretching. I just don't think I'm up for it. There's always a lot to get done around here like baking and cleaning and laundry and organizing all those storage closets/cupboards.

I hope it's warm & cozy where you are
Old 01-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The aroma of coffee brewing lured me out from under the covers this morning. We have the heat off in the bedrooms, and I was all snug and warm in my bed.
I don't have a thing planned for the day except for a visit with my mom & dad. My DD and I were going to go to Wilmington for Obama's Whistle Stop tour, but it's way too cold for that sort of thing today!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! How is your Saturday shaping up so far?

Ruth: I don't blame you at all for being a bit lazy this past week. In cold like that, I'd just want to stay wrapped up by the wood stove! Enjoy your day out and about and be careful!

Twynn: I really hope you get the house! Home ownership, while sometimes trying, is a huge blessing! Enjoy your unplanned Saturday...those are my favorite.

Cyndi: As cold as it is up there, I don't think I'd want to be in the car for eight hours, either. You've always got car heaters, but what if that goes out? I don't even want to think about it!!! Enjoy your day!

Cottage: I'm sorry the weather is going to cause you to miss that! It would be a wonderful experience to be there! I hope you stay warm and cozy whatever you do!

Me: I've just checked the weather and it's a toasty 45*F for us right now. If it weren't foggy I might throw on my bathing suit and get a nice, winter tan!

Anyways, it feels like we have a lot planned today, but we really don't. We'll be grocery shopping and doing a little bit of "fun" shopping this morning. This afternoon we hope to get the shed cleaned out, which will only take an hour or so since it's a tiny shed. I'll only need to pick up the house a bit and start washing bed linens since the house was cleaned and the laundry was done on Wednesday. Tonight we're planning on having some rematches on the Wii while we enjoy our weekly indulgence. (I'm having half a bacon cheeseburger with a salad on the side! Can't wait for that!)

Funny thing happened yesterday. I've been keeping a food log on spark people and have consistently come in under 1500 calories. Yesterday, as a result of the lack of movement on the scale, I was cutting back a bit and would have only gotten to 1100 calories by the end of the day. Well, DH got worried and did some research and discovered that, to maintain my weight without exercise, I should consume 2900 calories a day!! To lose 2 lbs. a week, I need 1900 calories a day! With exercise, it should be about 2300. Well, the reason that is funny is because I did the research last year and tried to give him this shocking info and he was adamant that it wasn't possible. Funny how men think they know everything even if we've done the research.

Anyhow, we've decided that I will stay under 1900 cals a day (easy-peasey) and do my best to get more than 1600 a day (that is a bit of a struggle for me). I've been working out so hard that I'm shocked at how much more "fuel" I need just to get through a day. I will throw in that my menu looks very similar to my SB P2 menu, so we're making sure that I'm putting good calories in besides my once weekly "cheat" that is allowed if I do all my workouts and eat OP all week. It's DH's method of choice!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #6  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone!

Kim - I have trouble getting my min calories in without eating junk. It's something I have to keep an eye on since it doesn't just feed me.

I ate what I thought was a lot yesterday but it was only abt 1200 calries, not so great. I have trouble getting breakfast in because my mornings are so busy so I am off to try and make me something while the baby is happy.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #7  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all,

the good news is my puppy is out of quarentine and gaining weight but unfortunately i have to watch where he goes potty and clean it up so the other dogs dont get sick for atleast 2 more weeks. but he is very playful this morning and glad to be out of the extra bedroom.

also, i added one grain and am doing well with that.

ruth-good luck with that list.
twynn-ice skating sounds fun we don't have an indoor rink around here
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies....I guess coming and going is my mantra for this month....I enjoy keeping up with you ladies...it seems to add some peaceful moments to my life, but since I am not back on SB I feel like I should just observe. I had a terrible experience this week and my chocolate lab was put to sleep this week and I am having a hard time. I remember when Ruth went through the same last year and I was hoping you (she) had some suggestions to get over the first few sad days. I have my golden girl still, but my lab, Harpo had a crisis this summer and it just ended poorly, although it wasn't expected to....will be doing some cleaning today...need to put the empty crate in the garage and rearrage the furniture or something.....have a great day ladies.... - Suzyq
Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

SuzyQ, many hugs to you. Allow yourself to grieve and give your Golden extra love. It'll help you both. Let yourself cry too.

Kim and FlMom, calories don't need to be exactly the same every day - it's the weekly average that counts.

TwynnB, I didn't clean my fridge yet but my stove is now sparkling! It's been on my list over a week.

Me4, glad your pup is feeling better. I'm a big fan of cleaning up after your dog and it really is important when they have been sick. $56 fine around here if you don't stoop and scoop.

Cyndi, I can't find my Patterson so need to ask what kind of sparrow is in your avatar? Yellow stripe on the head? My feeders are pretty busy in the cold. The suet and peanut mixture is getting a good run.

I'm off to tackle the fridge!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

SuzyQ

fl mom - Are you eating nuts and good fats? remember your body needs those fats. Just thought of that because when my calories really dip I've usually gone too low fat.

Ruth - It's a horned lark They are all over this year.

Well I remembered there's basketball on at noon so I'm definitely staying home. Getting the stepper out so I don't feel guilty about sitting in front of the tv for 2 hours

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-25-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Cyndim! A lark! Well, tell him to stop squinching down and doing a sparrow imitation! :lol; No wonder I couldn't find him on the internet!

I've just cleared my current "niggle" list and am not making a new one until Monday!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

H chicks,
I've had a lovely lazy morning. The kids are at my moms so I slept in and lounged in bed reading for a long time. Had a cup of split pea soup for breakfast and now I'm surfing and watching some Goodfellas on the tube. I also joined paperbackswap and listed all my books. Hopefully taking it easy wll help kick this cold. I gave myself until noon and then wll head out to the grocery store. I'm not looking forward to venturing out into that cold!

Ruth, it's a great thing to have friends you can depend on and that know they can depend on you!
Tammy, my house is dirty too. I'm tryng not to let myself feel guilty about it. I will do a little cleaning later, only if I find the energy.
Cyndi, sorry you didn't get your birdwatching in. I hope you can find something to do!
Kim, enjoy that cheeseburger! You've earned it.
suzyq, I'm so sorry about your pup. That is a hard thing to do through.
fl_mom, don't forget that dinner leftovers make great breakfast food too. I love beans or bean soup in the morning.
me4life, glad to hear your puppy is doing better.

Well, I'm going to enjoy my last hour of quiet. I see on facebook that DD1 has had a fight with a friend, so I guess I can look forward to an angry chick rolling through here soon.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #13  

Brian got off to his campout yesterday although I found his Winter Camp cap in the car so he may have been a bit chilly last night. Don and I had dinner after a trip to Home Depot and I sat around and watched him replace a faucet in his trailer and clean the trailer. We fell asleep watching Law and Order around midnight so I had to get up at 1:30 and head home. Good thing we don't live far apart but by the time I was awake enough to drive it was hard to get back to sleep.

Today I'm trying to get a lot of little piddly stuff done, I've got sheets in the washer now and then need to head out for cat and gerbil food, office supplies for Twilight camp, a parallel to USB cable to connect up the laser printer and look for some new towels. Don's working today so I don't know if we're getting together. The three of us are going to the district scouting dinner tomorrow so it isn't a big deal if he doesn't have time today. We just have such a good time hanging out together. If he wasn't allergic to cats we'd hang out at my place more.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, All,

Just finished a wonderful Jazzercise Class and am home back in my robe with my hot tea. It's about 30* outside and this Southern Belle doesn't like it! I'm ready for summer! I know, I'm a weenie!

Not anything exciting going on today. I made a wonderful pot of 15 bean soup for dinner last night. We'll have it for lunch today, too. "Beans Beans, good for your heart...." heehee

This week, I am down two pounds -- 12 total. Yippee!!! I don't know that I could have done it without your daily help and encouragement. You all are wonderful! Thank you!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #15  
sophie

Almost good afternoon -
Ruth - both my stove and fridge need a good clean. I miss my MIL so much, she was so good at helping me. She always wanted to feel useful.
Twynn - good for you getting rid of some clothes.
Cyndi - did you get your new bike. A webcam would be great but my DD computer is completely out of date for one and I guess when the old one goes then it will happen.
Kim - men never believe you in some things.
me4 live - I am so glad your puppy is getting better.
sstambler - I know its hard to lose a beloved dog. We all have been thru it and I still think of mine especially when I'm making pancakes that was her favourite treat.
Schmoodles - my kids told me very plainly that they don't want me on facebook. I guess we find out too much that way.
Barb - enjoy your me day.
Chelby - congratulations think of how much 2lbs of butter looks like.

Not much going on here. I have a few projects to finish for my occasional business (reknotting some pearl necklaces) and just love sitting in the front room doing it with all the shades up and watching the world go by.
Sophie
Closed Thread