3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Scared of Phase 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/161735-scared-phase-2-a.html)

Steen 01-16-2009 07:38 AM

Scared of Phase 2

First, let me say that I appreciate all the feedback I've been getting lately from everyone. This site has become a major tool during my SB journey and I am happy to have it, so thank you.

I have been done phase one for about a week now, but I can't seem to bring myself to start phase 2. I think because of the rapid weight loss during phase one, it has made me think that I'm not going to lose, or I'm gonna gain back when I start eating addition foods.

Trust me, I would love to have an egg on toast in the morning, but I just can't force myself to do it.

How do I get over this mental block?? :(

TwynnB 01-16-2009 08:27 AM

LOL- I was the same way. You almost feel phobic of fruits and grains. I'm soooo glad to see a lot of other people get the same way!! I thought I was crazy!

Just gently go into Phase II (phase 1.5 as we call it), and you'll realize you'll still slowly lose weight while eating the new foods.

Good luck!

cottagebythesea 01-16-2009 08:31 AM

How about starting Phase 2 with fruit, such as berries or an apple? If you introduce new foods one at a time and slowly, you shouldn't have any trouble. Once you start adding in new foods, you'll discover it's not as scary as you thought. Good luck!

SBD Sass 01-16-2009 11:01 AM

Be very afraid!!!!

:lol: I'm kidding. I remember going into P2...I started with a slice of 100% whole wheat bread two times per week for the first week and then I threw in a half a grapefruit two times a week with the 100% whole wheat bread in the second week and by the third week I said "oh ****" and took it A LOT further. I was doing fine at that point.

Just put more trust into yourself and watch your weight at the same time. I was on the scale every morning to see if there were big fluxes or not and I could always tell where it came from if there was.

jenne1017 01-19-2009 01:58 AM

Same here. I started Ph2 last week. I hit a little stall but lost another pound this week (I think! official weigh-in is tomorrow morning).

I did something Ph2 approved every OTHER day. My two things last week were an apple and brown rice pasta. I am going to introduce wheat bread this week with the brown rice pasta and an apple all next week.

You can't live on Ph1 alone!! If you ease into it you'll do a-ok. I've never successfully made the transition before and this was my first time!! :)

EPW 01-19-2009 07:04 PM

I seem to have gone with the trend. Although I started Phase 2, 4 days ago,I am easing into it. I might have added some fruit each day and/or a multi grain english muffin for breakfast. BUt I still am eating much more of the the phase 1 foods. So far its working for me. I don;t think I have stalled much.

murphmitch 01-19-2009 08:07 PM

EPW, the whole English muffin is 2 grain servings. Might be a lot for your first week. Make sure it's 100% whole grain. Many breads that say multigrain are really mostly white flour with some added whole grain. Read your ingredient label.

beachgal 01-21-2009 01:15 PM

Steen, it does feel scary to move from the controlled environment of P1 into P2. But you CAN do it without going crazy or gaining tons of weight. Remember, it's not the grains or fruit that got you into this situation, according to the book. It's the simple sugars and simple carbs. Yes, you may find that some things do set off your cravings. But you also know that you can just do 3-5 days of Phase 1 to get rid of those cravings. And you know that you will eventually figure out what does and doesn't work for you. When you do, you can comfortably settle in to Phase 2 and ride it all the way to goal! :goodvibes:

So, get started on that journey. It's a slightly scary start, but it gets easier very quickly. And check out the What's Your P2 Combo? thread for more info on how to get started and what others have figured out along the way.