3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Welcome Suz E Q (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/160512-welcome-suz-e-q.html)

Ruthxxx 01-06-2009 08:55 AM

Welcome Suz E Q

I goofed trying to move Suzy Q's post - See MODS are not infallible. (Bet you knew that.)

Here's her post. Ideas, chickies?
Quote:

I need SB ideas....please!!!
I have so many friends that have been very successful with the South Beach Diet. I was extemely successful with Jenny Craig, actually lost 68 pounds and was very happy. But that was before cancer, and when I had funds to pay for the food. Now I'm done with cancer, and don't have the funds for the food. So, I am going the SB route. My only problem is a lot of the foods I don't eat. Cottage cheese, ricotta, mushrooms, califlower (I don't even know how to spell that!!!)....I'm afraid if I stick with the same boring scrambled eggs, turkey roll ups, and t-bones and veggies, I'll get bored. Does anyone have any idea for "normal meals"? Ugggg, I'm so picky, but I can't help it.
Thank you for putting up with my pitifulness!!!!

mythreesons 01-06-2009 09:25 AM

Hi Suz E Q!

I, too, am a picky eater. For P1, I have been sticking to eggs for breakfast...I need that routine. You can have them so many different ways (with veggies, with ham, with turkey bacon). You can also make quiche cups. Also, think out of the box for breakfast. . .you can have chicken or tuna. It doesn't need to be "typical" breakfast.

I could go on about every meal but I found it helpful to go through the recipe section. I found many different recipes that worked for me. IMO, I would start there.

Good luck! So far, I am very happy with this way of eating.

hmacneil6 01-06-2009 09:28 AM

The recipe section here is really a great resource. You can find lots of great recipes there. I'd suggest starting with the Taco Bake (you can leave out the mushrooms, but really I don't taste them when I make it) and the Chicken Divan. There are also lots of great soups that work for any meal of the day.
Good luck on your journey!!!!

cottagebythesea 01-07-2009 06:50 AM

:welcome3: Suz E Q! I'm glad you decided to give SBD a try, and you'll find it isn't all that difficult to follow. Please DO check out our recipe board, there are tons of really, really good recipes and ideas in there to help keep you motivated. Good luck, and we look forward to getting to know you!

Suz E Q 01-07-2009 02:38 PM

Thank You! I new I was just being overly picky....but as I sit here with my Jennie-O Turkey burger, grilled with a melted slice of Provolone, and my sauteed snow peas in garlic and trans fat free margarine....YUMMMMMMY!....I know I can make things work.

South Beach and I have been together for for three days...and we have lost 4.5 pounds! Whooo Hooo! :)

little chick 01-07-2009 02:39 PM

welcome to the beach, and your meal sounds yummy.