SBD Phase 1 grocery list

• Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a good grocery list for phase 1 of the SBD. Any help is greatly appreciated
  • I usually buy: eggs, reduced fat feta cheese, low fat shredded mozzarella, and reduced fat provolone slices, plain light soymilk, yogurt, hummus, canned beans, artichokes and heart of palm, also canned diced tomatoes, frozen foods like veggie burgers and morningstar sausage patties. tuna (the kind in the foil bag, not the can!) tofu, sliced tofurky. and tons of fresh veggies. mushrooms and spinach for my eggs, stuff for salads, to make tomato sauce, and to cut up and dip in hummus. i also buy natural PB, and sometimes sunflower seeds or mixed nuts. oh, and NSA fudgesicles we buy fish fresh from the market the day we plan to cook it. I'm mostly vegetarian, although I also eat seafood dairy and eggs.
    when i first started out with sb, i found it was helpful to plan out my meals for the first few weeks, and base my grocery list on the meal plan. now i just buy a bunch of stuff i know i'll eat, and anything else that looks good to make up a meal later. hope this helps!
  • lots of eggs, nonfat yogurt, milk, zucchini, yellow squash, l/f ricotta cheese, l/f cheeses, spinach, kale, tomatoes (canned and fresh), mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, black beans, vegetarian ff refried beans, bell peppers, asparagus, almonds, natural peanut butter....

that's all I can think of ATM.
  • Your best bet is to look at the list for approved Phase 1 foods, and make your list from that.
  • lots of frozen Ph1 approved veggies, lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, extra lean ground beef, chicken breasts, tilapia (fish), vinegar, rf/low sugar salad dressing, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, RF shredded cheese
  • I always consult the P1 foods to enjoy list like the others have suggested, but I shop according to my preferences and this is my list and it almost never changes unless I need a change which is rare (grayed out is my P2 so ignore that).

Egg Beaters (Costco)
    Turkey bacon
    String Cheese or Barbel Lite Cheese
    Mixed Greens (Costco)
    Broccoli
    Beans (dried)
    Cauliflower
    Water
    Green Beans (french style)
    Chick Pea Hummus
    Grapefruit
    Fat Free Turkey Deli (Butterball thick sliced from Costco)
    Salmon (fresh)
    Tuna (canned)
    Tilapia (fresh)
    Sugar-free Jell-O
    Reduced Fat Triscuits
    Green Giant Vegetable Medleys (frozen)
    Cucumbers (Costco)
    Scallions
    Mushrooms
    Sprouts
    Shrimp (fresh)
    Boca burgers/chicken patties (Costco)
    Cereal (I only eat Shredded Wheat Original)
    1% milk
    100% Whole Wheat Bread
    Chicken Breast (thin cut)
    Lean ground turkey (to make turkey burgers)
    Sugar-free Fudgesicles
    Healthy Choice meals (for when I don’t want to cook)
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Red Wine Vinegar
    Oregano
    Low-sodium salt
    Pepper
    Smucker’s All Natural Peanut Butter (chunky)
    Slim Fast
    Powerade Zero
    Salt-free Sazon
  • Your best bet is to remember to shop the edges. Most grocery store have all of the "whole" foods on the edges of the store. Produce, dairy, eggs, meat. You need to stay away from the packaged and pre-made stuff (for the most part). Doing this usually keeps me out of trouble.