South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #31  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok, today is the day. I got up and did my first weigh in and it was really ugly. (187) I have a long way to go but I can ONLY go down from here right? I'll do my bio after I've had some coffee.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #32  

Good morning! I officially started P1 today. I weighed myself and took some measurements so I have a good idea of my starting point.

I have already had my breakfast this am. Two eggs with peppers and onions and two slices lf amer cheese, and a glass of V8. My snack will consist of roasted chick peas and for lunch a large vege salad with chicken.

So far, I am feeling confident that I will succeed.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to the new folks and the returnees.

Just skimming though I noticed someone listed fake crab. This is not allowed on Phase I. If you read the ingredients, it has lots of weird stuff including "crab extract" which I try not to think about.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #34  

I'm on day 2 today. I think my eating was on track yesterday...here is what I ate:

Breakfast--2 eggs, some green beans and asparagus, and 2 slices Canadian bacon; coffee with 1% milk and equal

Snack--6 oz cottage cheese and more green beans and asparagus (leftovers)

Lunch--salad with lettuce and spinach, grilled chicken, and 1 tbsp olive oil & vinegar dressing.

Snack--6 oz cottage cheese and 1/2 cup garbanzo beans

Dinner--same as lunch.

No dessert.

Drank 8 cups of water.

I am 5'2" and weighed 172 yesterday. Gotta lose 40 lbs and then another 5-10. OMG!

Last edited by luvsox04; 01-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #35  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i've been adding some coffee to my menu when i get headaches i know its lack of caffeine...i don't usually drink coffee but alot of mountain dew and just a cup helps the headaches.

weird but i'm finding i like veggies with my eggs

Last edited by me4life; 01-02-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #36  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

I did really well over the holidays and am proud. I purposefully didn't weigh in this morning either! Waiting for Sunday to do my official END OF PH1 weigh-in!

Today's menu is:

B: Veggies, RF cheese, V-8
L: tuna concoction (tuna, chick peas, teaspoon mayo, mustard, olives, celery, teaspoon pesto) with veggies
S: more veggies and cheese (leftovers!)
D: Ultra Lean burger with blue cheese and asparagus. Fries for DW
d: Popsicle

Welcome to all the newbies!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #37  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Day 2-

B- 2 eggs, 2 slices of cheese, 2 strips of turkey bacon, V8, and milk

S- String cheese

L- leftover chili, broccoli & GP w/Ranch

S- Rest of broccoli, gp, & ranch

D-Baby Spinach, Romaine, & Chicken Salad with broccoli, cheese, boiled egg, & GP w/ Italian dressing (It was awesome!)

S- SF fudgesicle

Last edited by HeatherMcG; 01-02-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #38  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
weird but i'm finding i like veggies with my eggs
This was a surprise for me too. I also eat salsa (lots) with my eggs and discovered I don't actually need the cheese. Now I've got my best friend hooked on salsa with eggs
Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Phase I chicks, this place is hopping!
Day 1 Ph1 for the umpteenth time for me. I have a love-hate relationship with Ph1, it's tough but gets me back on track like nothing else does. I can tell I fell into a vast sea of sweets and starchy carbs by the way I am feeling like caca today. Just had a latte which should help some. Serves me right!
It helps that tonight I have a super yummy dinner of leftover beef tenderloin and cauliflower and artichoke mash to look forward to. I also bought some of the McCain's diet soda that Jenn has been raving about, and can't wait to try some later.

Jenn, your tuna concoction looks really good. I plan to try a recipe this week for Italian tuna-chick pea salad that is very similar.

Hello newcomers, looking forward to getting to know you all!
Day 1 almost down, 13 more to go...
Old 01-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! I'm back on Phase 1, after blowing it over the last week. I'm going to stick with P1 for a week, at least, and then slowly move on again...
This was my plan after thanksgiving, too, and it worked well. then xmas came along... at least I have a while before any more major holidays. I was traveling all this week, so that didn't help me stay on track at all. Anyway, here's my P1 D1 menu:
B: eggs with spinach and mushrooms
S: didn't really happen, but I guess the milk in my coffee would count for dairy snack
L: artichoke and chickpea curry, sliced tofurky w/ low fat cheese
S: haven't gotten this far - probably nuts
D: veggie burger, tomatoes & avocado, green beans
Old 01-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #41  
barb

Height: 5'7

HI New again, I did do this a few years back and lost 16 pds in 2 weeks now I need to do this to jump start myself! Tom is the big day... I tried today but had a family day and really blew it... I Just HATE the SB flu though and I think I am really afraid of that.. But The milk idea really may help. I am reading all your ideas in hope to find some new ones.. Thanks. My Favorite thing for the breakfast is the one drink made with Riccota cheese and coco powder, splenda and milk... It sounds disgusting but I really loved it since I do not like eggs that much! Does anyone have any really good breakfast ideas? Really I do not like eggs that much ..I can do it but I get tired of them by fast!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 183/160/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I had a great day yesterday and so far today. I weighed in today and am down .4 The last time I officially weighed in was several weeks ago. I'm looking forward to seeing what my results are next week when I've actually been on program for longer than a few days.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #43  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i haven't ate to much today and for some reason i'm not really hungry. gonna make my daughter and me chicken and veggies soon though
Old 01-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #44  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Day 6 and I NEED A SWEET!!! I'm sure you feel my pain. I bought plain, low-fat yogurt with the plan to putting cocoa and splenda in it, but fogot the cocoa. Bummer!

I did have a good day. Started with a 30 minute walk. WooHoo! Maybe I'll take my cravin' body to bed early and watch Mamma Mia.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

djmommy, you can eat whatever you want for breakfast, even last night's leftovers, as long as it's SBD friendly. Here's a link from a sticky in our FAQs regarding breakfast ideas -
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57532

Chelby, you shouldn't be feeling any cravings for sweets at all by now. I'm wondering if you've eaten something with hidden sugar in it? Try having a SF jello with a little SF Cool Whip on it, or a ricotta creme dessert. One of my favorites is the SB Peanutbutter Cup, I have one almost every night.
Closed Thread