South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Cluckings!

Today feels like Monday! But it's nice to know it's the end of the week and there's a blissful weekend ahead.

I'll be working all day today, but I think both girls are having playdates over. I had some split pea soup cooking in the crockpot overnight, and it smells so good. I'm already anticipating lunch! This time I put some soy chorizo in it to give it that smoky, hammy flavor, and it was the perfect choice.

RNMOM, it's so good to see you back! And, again, welcome to all you NEWBIES!

What's going on in your life today?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone.
I get to work today and half a day tomorrow (yeah) I guess I should just be thankful I still have a job to go to. My plan for today is to get up and get moving. I need to go to that now. Be back later..
Old 01-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning,

Cottage-the soup sounds good. It is suppose to be cool and rainy here on Sunday so I am planning on a soup day then. Love days with playdates planned.

Karen-hope your day at work is a smooth one.

As for me there is a very busy running day for me. First is a girls only breakfast with mom, then hair cuts, then some store hopping to get oneies twoies things I have been putting off, then a movie date with the girls and some of their friends from tumbling class, then home to pick up the boys and off to dinner with the in laws. Can't complain though because I have had the last couple weeks off and not gotten this stuff done and we don't have any of the white stuff to deal with!!

New Years was busy also for us. The kids all had friends over for New Years Eve and they all spent the night. We had 8 extra kids hanging out. Good time had by all, took all day yesterday to recover!!

Had my walk this morning and I need to start the laundry and unload the dishwasher and get a cup of tea going before everyone else starts moving around.

Have a great day and a safe one too!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey my ticker is there!!! Wanted to start the new year with it. Sort of my gift to me. I want to use one to track my walking miles is there somewhere I could find tickers to do that?
Old 01-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I'm trying to ignore the temp outside and just enjoy the view

Cottage - The soups sounds good. I'll have to try that!

Karen

Phx - I got my miles ticker from ticker factory. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead!

Just a regular work day for me. Next week will be back to normal. I've been at my desk way too much lately! I'm eying a spaghetti squash in the back hall for dinner. I've been craving veggies lately.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Had the craziest dream last night! I made gumbo and was serving it up. A grain of rice stuck to my hand. In my dream, I licked that rice, but couldn't get it off my hand! I licked and licked and licked! Guess I'm craving carbs.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in late because of a silly goof. I unplugged my modem thinking it was something else and couldn't get into the net this morning. Duh! Andrew from tech services walked me through stuff and I finally realized my dumb move. He was sweet and polite to the end.

Did absolutely nothing yesterday except go to the Mayor's party but I did make lists of today's tasks so I won't be around a lot. I see we have lots of new folks and the Phase I thread is up to 30! I'll be back later to check things out. Right now it's trash time and I need to dash out for yet another printer cartridge so I can print the Church bulletin.

See y'all later!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! How was the first day of 2009 for you?

Cottage: Jason, being a south Texas hispanic, is SHOCKED that they're making chorizo from something other than meat. We don't get it at any of our stores yet, but once we do I'm going to cook it into something without telling him and see what happens. Enjoy your day with the girls...the weekend's almost here!

Karen: I hope you have a great day at work and WTG getting up and moving!

Phx: You can try here for a miles done ticker. I've always had problems loading them into my signature, but I see that Cyndi has one from them in hers, so she might be able to help you. Hope you have a wonderful day! Hope you get to sit down for a minute or two!

Cyndi: I haven't quite figured out spaghetti squash. We tried it once and it was awful...crunchy rather than soft and noodle-like. Any tips? I hope you have a great day at work! Oh, and no opt-out clause, but we've both agreed that we'll evaluate the relationship outside of "the plan" and if that gets strained, we'll re-do some things.

Chelby: What a wild dream! You're the first SBer I've heard of having carb cravings in her sleep! I guess that means you're making some big (but great) changes!

Ruth: I'm glad the tech guy was so sweet to you. Sometimes they can be terrible! Have a great day today!

RNMOM: Glad to see you again! We're all hoping with you!

Me: I'm doing good this morning. A little bit of a headache, but I'm sure it's from Jason's new eating plan. I'd call it Phase 2 with calorie watching and better portion management. What I eat is directly related to what time I'm working out. That worked great yesterday...we'll see how it goes today!

Jason was great during my first workout. It was a killer! He was really proud of me, though, because he thought at a few points I would quit, but was able to push out the last few reps. A year ago, he wouldn't have voiced that he was proud of me for that, so he's really growing!

I feel like I'm running out of time to get the house cleaned. I've got laundry, bills and two more rooms I want to get done today, so I'd better get to it. I hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-02-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all we are having an exciting day at animal central already. the cat decided to eat the dog food and spilled it all over the floor...which the dogs didn't mind cleaning up at all. my daughter has this thing for animals so she has 3 cats and 2 dogs plus gave me my max for christmas...he's a full blooded boxer puppy.

anyways, things are going ok here other than that. my mom gave me a car to drive but i have to go dig it out of the snow first. should get lots of exercise out of that one...wish me luck
Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Happy Friday chicks, just stopping in to say hello!
I've got some soy chorizo in the fridge - I found it at TJ's last trip. Can't come up with a good idea for using it. What are your favorite recipes - Cyndi, cottage, anyone else? Taco bake maybe? Should I brown it first?

Glad you have a car to use, me4life.
Welcome back RNmom!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #11  

I am so glad we have trash pickup today. I've got 6 big bags of trash and 2 bags of recycling all from cleaning the garage yesterday. I probably swept out a gallon of dirt. I filled up the car with boxes and took them to the recycling center. Everything fits so much better now. I still have one table to go though but the bulk is done and I got all the yard art and outdoor lights put up.

Today is a work holiday. I noticed my team lead online. Turns out he didn't realize it was a holiday. Whew! For a minute I was afraid I was supposed to be working! I'm getting my hair cut this morning but have no real plans for the day.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #12  
sophie

364 days to go of the best year ever, eh.

Cottage - your soup sounds so good, what would you consider a serving?

phxflower - you are back into a routine, I can tell.

Cyndi - only one day left at the office. The last time I had a spaghetti squash it was all watery and very pale. I roasted it in the oven but it just didn't taste good. How do you cook yours.

Karen and Chelby - welcome.

Kim - I can just imagine doing something like that with my husband. At some point I would tell him to mind his own business and then the poor guy would be all puzzled because I did ask for help in the first place.....

me4life - you really do have a house full of animals. Must be entertaining.

Schmoodles - I'm sure Cyndi and cottage will have tons of suggestions for your chirozo

Tons of laundry to do here. Have to sent a package to DD because I bought her tons of stuff on sale at the Childrens Place for my grandson. Started the day with a bowl of oatmeal and that will be my phase 1.5 treat for the day.
I also started doing the stationary bike last night. So I have high hopes for reaching my goal this year.
Sophie
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #13  
sophie

Good morning Barb
You must feel so good having everything organized.
I noticed that your son is in scouts. My youngest was very involved (now 27). He achieved chief scout which is eagle scout your way. It gave him so much confidence and he is a leader. All thru university he was a don which gave him free meals and board.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #14  

sophie - I feel better about people seeing my house now. I love what scouts has done for Brian. He's gained such leadership skills and is so much more responsible than other 11 year olds. I love working at a volunteer for scouts. Almost all of my friends are ones that I met through scouting (except for my online friends).
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #15  

Hi! Today is day 1 for me. So far, so good.

I am also trying to reorganize my life (my other new years goal). This is not always easily accomplished with three young boys underfoot. I figure I will do it slowly and eventually it will all come together.

I am planning on making Chicken Pizzaiola for dinner tonight.

I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Closed Thread