South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default help with a menu for Ph1

Hi chickies-

Though I have been through Ph1 at least 3 times before and read (and re-read) the book, I was hoping for a bit of feedback.

I am going to NY this weekend and while pizza is a weakness of mine, I am confident I can overcome the urge and eat a salad for lunch and find a lean protein for dinner while in Manhattan. We're staying at my dad's for breakfast on Friday (eggs and bacon is what I am thinking), in Manhattan for L, D, B, L on Friday into Saturday (same plan) but Saturday night we're meeting about 10 people out for dinner here:
http://www.partyonthegrill.com/menu_dinner.php

It's a hibachi steakhouse. I've been to a few before. I think I can order the shrimp and chicken, no rice and just veggies but am concerned b/c of the oils and soy they put on the stuff and I don't know that they cook it otherwise.

It usually comes with miso soup (I think that would be ok) and salad (I can get no dressing -- it's usually citrus based). I won't use the extra sauces.

I just want to have a plan. I won't be drinking at my card game after this and no dessert (unless I buy something SBD friendly and serve it to my friends after we go back for cards, like the peanut butter cup).

Sorry I'm rambling. I will stop now...

THANKS
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #2  
beachin' for cancun!

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'3"

jenn-
this place looks like a good phase 1 restaurant to me... the good thing about hibachi is that they cook it in front of you! so.. i'm sure you could have a look around when you come in and see what kinds of sauces are being used at other tables... if nothing else, pull an "allergy" card... haha, i hate cilantro so most restaurants just won't greatly modify something because of dislike, but i guarantee no cilantro touches my food if i say i have an allergy! the dessert idea is great... sometimes i have difficult friends who say, "oh come on, one piece of cake won't hurt.." so it's good to share your healthy treats with them!

i actually had the same question about miso soup... i would think it would be ok... broth and tofu... but does it have sugar added in as well? tomorrow i am going out with some friends of mine for an end-of-finals/christmas lunch and i'm pretty sure it's going to be sushi... any suggestions for a sushi place???

have fun this weekend, jenn!
emikeeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I think the miso soup is fine. They definitely cook with a big lump of fats though and I don't see any way you can ask for it to be left off, as they cook everything for the table all at once. when I have eaten at these places I just suck it up and know I'm probably eating too much fat for the day. At least there's nothing that should cause cravings or affect your Ph1 detox much, as long as you stay away from the rice and sauces.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks to you both

I know they use butter when making the fried rice -- but think it's oil for the rest.

Anyway, I will let you all know how it goes! Thanks!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote