South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat

All across the USA, folks are gearing up for Thanksgiving. I am so glad we Canuks have ours in October. Right now it looks way too much like Christmas as we got a dump of snow again. Don't knock yourselves out, Beachies. Remember it's not just about food!

Loads to do today although I did get the Country Christmas script written and printed yesterday. Today I'll dig out the costumes and also take Disney to do Pet Therapy at noon. Wee Jazz will just have to cope without his Big Sister and She Who Must Be Obeyed. He's doing just fine with the basic stuff. Leash training will start next week.

Slight panic is setting in as I realize I need to mail gifts out West and there is a postal slow down-happening. How does December manage to creep up so fast? I leave for Nanaimo on the 22nd and have tons to do before then - including letting my son and DIL know that I won't be around for Christmas. We'll get together for New Year's day, I think, because it's just too busy before that!

Nearly 6 - I wonder who else is posting as I submit this!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I'm still waiting for the coffee to quit perking.

You Canucks are pretty smart, having your Thanksgiving in October. It makes much more sense to have it at the end of the harvesting and while the trees are in their glory. But at least it kicks off the Christmas season for us.

I have to go in early, as Maggie doesn't have school today. I'm supposed to be getting off early, but I don't see how that's going to happen. The girls have gymnastics from 4 to 5, unless Cindy's going to take them!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DP has a doctor's appt. at 8 to find out the results of last week's tests, so we are up and out early.

Ruth - I have done absolutely nothing for the holidays except order 1 gift from a friend who hand carves really cute bird things. I'm trying not to think about it! Hope you and Disney have fun at pet therapy

Cottage - eek, gymnastics at 4 today?! Hope that doesn't make your evening crazy. I know you have a houseful tomorrow.

I'm off to work after DP's appt. We will probably leave early - it's usually reallly quiet the day before a holiday. I might even get back here while at the office

Have a good day everyone and safe travels to all the driving Chicks
Old 11-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - agree on the October thing. Much prettier. But how would we know when it's okay to turn on Christmas music ??

Cottage - Enjoy the day!

Cyndi - hope it's all good news today!

Me - I'm sitting at my brother-in-law's computer in Maryland, on our way to NC for the holiday. We've got 7 hours or so of driving today...not too bad, unless you remember my DEAR children are 3 and 5 years old!

I'm trying to build up my will power for the food! I know I'll cheat a bit, and I honestly can't handle much of the rich foods anymore. Hopefully I won't eat too much bad stuff tomorrow! I think I'm as worried about what there will be to eat the entire weekend...granny would fret somethin' horrible if she knew I was on SBD!

The one good part...is the weather will be nicer, and with the in-laws there, hopefully my DH and I can go on a few runs. That should keep the pounds away! My sister-in-law and her DH (where I'm at now) do marathons though...I might be a bit embarassed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! May the willpower be with you!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:15 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Nothing here very exiting. Just paint and more paint. Kind of miss doing all the Thanksgiving cooking, but I'll just put twice as much effort into Christmas dinner this year since I'll have a huge housefull of family that are coming in for my son's graduation and staying through Christmas.

Twynn, you'll do fine tomorrow. Just load up on turkey and you probably won't even feel like eating most of that rich stuff.

Ruth, sounds like you have a very busy day today! Take time to take care of yourself too!

Cottage, wow gymnastics that late on a holiday...ouch. I'll bet all the moms there will be in a "I should be cooking" panic!

Cyndi, hope the test results come back just fine!!

I got some bad news yesterday. My Mom won't be staying till the spring this year. Her health is not as good as it was (she's 83) so she is going back to NC with my sister a couple of days after Christmas. My sister is a nurse so can recognize problems and regulate her meds to keep her on a steady keel heart-wise. I'm really dissapointed, but understand and would rather have her safe. I still hate that storm that took all my family away from me.

One good bit of news is that I do have some family moving back. My brother in law found a job back in New Orleans and has come home. His wife (my husband's sister) will be joining him after the end of school this year. We are so happy that we will have some family back that we can spend time with. We are both very close to both of our families and it kills us that they've all been gone so long.

Did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night and see that stuffing made of ezekiel bread? It looked pretty good and so did the other healthy recipes. But, I think for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'll stick to traditional Creole fare. Speaking of Big Brother, that old Vicky may be from Louisiana, but I hope she gets the boot soon. She is just plain mean!!! I always root for the "hometown" folks, but this woman has to GO. I understand game play, but she is like a kid who pulls wings off of flies and grins.

off to the gym, then facing the paint bucket...

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-26-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly, Twynn, and stay safe!

Cat, that's such a shame about your mother. It must be so very hard to have your family all scattered about, especially knowing the storm was was the cause. I guess it's a least a little comfort knowing your mother will be in good hands with your sister.

Re- The Biggest Loser. I only watch the show for amusement anymore. They have gotten so far off track with being an example of showing American the proper way to lose weight and keep it off. They DID do a good job of making a healthy Thanksgiving dinner, though. I thought it was a great idea to use Ezekial bread for the stuffing, but it wouldn't fly around here. I've tried to make it with ww bread before, and everyone complains that it isn't the same. As far as that Vicky person, I thoroughly detest her. And I think Amy is the biggest fool and got exactly what she deserved for not voting Vicky off last week.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Don't knock yourselves out, Beachies. Remember it's not just about food!
Isn't everything about food?

Moo.

Getting Little Guy ready for his trip with Grandma. Then going to get our flat screen TV, taking it to the duplex, and then going out of town for a meeting. Gotta get ready. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, if I don't make it back on!

Lisa

PS Thanks for the prayers for Mom and Soph.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Good Morning Ya'll! (I'm in Texas) I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I actually have time to chat as we have no school today and are going OUT for turkey day! Now that is something to gobble about!

Anyone planning to brave the crowds for Black Friday?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies. Delivered DD to her pick-up with her dad lastnight, traffic was awful in Indianapolis and it took me an hour longer than it should have. I don't see how you people in the big city do it every stinking day! Guess I should be happy it was yesterday though and not tonight when it is bound to be worse. Now the rest of the week is mine!

Got home just in time for the weigh in on Biggest Loser, I am with you Cat that Vicky has to go!

Working today, was hoping boss would let us leave early but I am not seeing that at this point. No Black Friday for me, work again, which is about usless as everyone else will be closed but who am I????

Gosh I seem to be full of complaints today and really I am not, I am very thankful I promise.

Hope you all have a great day and that no one has to make any last minute stops at the grocery!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hey girls! Busy morning for me - SIL and family are officially in town and I need to run errands before meeting up with them for lunch. Was up too late last night but can't afford to sleep late...yay, coffee!!

I hope our new cell phones come in soon....not having phones is more of a problem than I thought! I saw that ATT tested our checking account this morning, so maybe they are on their way?

Heather, how was the bread pudding? I guess my aunt's house is going to be overloaded in pies and I'm thinking of bringing something else - I think this would be a really great, innovative item to bring.

Last edited by zeffryn; 11-26-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #11  

Morning girls!

Cottage Hope that you get off work early today! Will you have the rest of the week off?

Ruth I am always late when it comes to shipping gifts. I am a last minute shopper, which makes it even worse!

Femme I thought the Ezekiel stuffing looked really good as well. I am SO annoyed with Vicky- she is evil!! I really liked Amy, but she blew it for herself when she didn't get rid of Vicky last week. My vote is for Michelle!!

Cyndi I haven't done a thing for the holidays myself. We keep it pretty simple every year, which makes it easier to shop.

Twynn My prayers to you on your road trip!! Driving my kids to school in the morning can sometimes be a major feat!!!!!

Weezle What are your plans for Tday?

Thighs Do you live in Texas or are you visiting?

Steph That stinks that you have to work today and Friday.

Zeff Have fun with SIL and family!

Me- Chilling on the couch with a cup of coffee. I really need to be up and at 'em, but that can wait for a bit longer! We have a playdate with friends at 11:00- I am going to sneak out for an hour or two to do some Bday shopping for Abigail. Then we will head home for the evening..... should be fun.

Barb and I are getting together on Saturday- I can't wait! I will be sure to take our camera.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

it took me forever to get on here the sight keep locking up.

i will be MIA for a few days but did want to pop in

be thankful.gif
Old 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #13  

Ruth - I'm not quite sure how the end of the year is sneaking up on us so fast. It doesn't seem fair. Once I finish painting this room (hopefully today), I'll turn Brian loose with the Christmas tree and decorations. We probably need to get the yard out this week while the weather is nice too.

thighs - What part of Texas are you in? Kiko and I are in the Dallas area and Kim and others are in other areas.

Have a great day to everyone else! I just never seem to have time for personals any more.

Me - Brian doesn't have school today so I slept in until 7. It felt nice. I'm making a batch of cranberry muffins from a mix that was given as a gift a year (or more) ago. I know they aren't on plan but I'm not planning any special desserts for Thanksgiving so this will be our treat. I'm planning to continue painting today. I also need to dry the whole wheat bread for the stuffing and cook the veggies for the stuffing. I use my grandma's recipe but I'm beachified it. Unless I can think of something I really need, I plan to avoid Black Friday. I hate to shop and don't see a reason to deal with the crowds.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #14  

I just checked the Biggest Loser website and they have all the recipes from last night on there. I am not cooking tomorrow, but might make Rob a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday since he will be working tomorrow. I think I am going to make the stuffing.

BTW.... didn't realize it, but Rob was super worried about losing his job this week. Those of you who have known us for awhile, know about our financial/marital struggles over the last few years. He found out yesterday that all is well on the job front. He is now the exec chef of a hotel, and we are finally in a better spot, so we are really relieved. He hadn't let on how worried he has been...

Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!! Happy Hump Day!!!

Ruth - Glad to hear that Jazz and Disney are getting along so well. I'm sure the boy just adores her. Hope all goes well today. And yes...it's time to get a move on with the Christmas agenda. Crazy, huh?!?!?

Linda - Hope your day doesn't last too long. You can certainly hope that the Mom takes the girls. And I totally agree with you regarding BL!

Cyndi - Hope the Dr's appointment goes well today. I hope the results of the test are conclusive and good news. Let us know if you need anything.

Twynn - Good luck on your trip down south. It should be a good time.

Cat - Sorry to hear that your mom is not going to be able to stay. I hope staying with your sister will help maintain the health she has.

Lisa - Good luck buying your new TV!!!!

Thighs - We may get up early if there's a really good deal on a TV, but if not, nope....no black Friday for me this year.

Stephanie - I hope your boss is kind to you today!!!

Zeff - They turned out good, but needed more seasoning (maybe sage and thyme). Let me know if you want the recipe and I'll pm it too you. I'll definitely be serving them, but I'm sure I'll put gravy on mine.

Kiko - How fun that you're having Thanksgiving with Barb. What a nice idea. Can't wait to see pics!

Gonnabe - Have a great Turkey Day!!! See you when you get back!

Barb - How nice of you to invite Kiko! Have a great time together!

Me - Checking in a little later than normal today, as I have my annual this morning. (Good times ) But hopefully I'll get some kudos from the Dr. when they see how much weight I've lost. Today at school we have early dismissal so we'll be out of work by 2:30....but I've got some more errands to run before getting home and getting all prepared for everyone to come over tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!!!!
Have a great pre-Thanksgiving day! Stick to the plan!!!
BLESSINGS!
Closed Thread