South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Humpday Happenings

Morning! Coffee's needly badly on this dark, drizzling morning. We stayed up too late watching the election results. It was worth it, though!

Let me sit and wake up a little, my chatty button isn't awake yet.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm with you Cottage. Can't believe I have to work until 8:30. It's going to be a coffee-filled day.

ETA: Amazon is running a sale on Bob's Red Mill stuff for those interested

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-05-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: info
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Here, here.

(walks off to get first cup of coffee....)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning ladies, Hope your coffees start the perk of the day for you.

Busy day planned here with the kids in sports.. I have gotten in my walk and the oldest is in the shower and the day is started. The weather has finally started to cool off I actually wore a long sleeved t-shirt for the walk. Hope everyones day is a great one and a safe one.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Come on, you slackers! The sun is coming up, Disney is full of beans, 60ºF is predicted and I may even get some leaves raked!

Despite the above, I woke feeling like I was getting a cold this morning. It took me a coffee to realize it's a side effect of the flu shot I got yesterday. You'd think I'd know. Nurse Jane managed to get her 6 vials of blood with the first poke and I am going to get the results later this week. I'm feeling less draggy than a month ago so I think my red blood cell count is back to normal.

On with the day! I need to deal with my flower arrangements from the funeral. Some of them are compost but I still can have posies around. After that Disney is going for a run at the Fairground. Then I will tackle some of the outside work. Note that I said "some" - I am pacing myself these days.

Tonight there is a meeting of the Hort. society with a movie tour of some great English gardens. It's a hot cider and popcorn meeting - no idea why - but I may skip that part.

So sip your coffee, Chickies, and let's go tackle Hump Day!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The coffee did it's job. I have Jake's supper cooking in the oven now, made his lunch for tomorrow, and emptied the dishwasher. I do all this now so I don't have to rush around when I get home. It works for me!

Ruth, I'd love to see the movie tour of the gardens! I can pass on that hot cider, though. Yuck! I think you are starting to recover from all the blows you've had this past year, and I'm glad to hear it.

Cyndi, I saw that sale, too, but I don't like to buy in bulk. It would be nice if I had someone to diffy it up with around here. It sounds like you have a loooong day ahead, hang in there!

Twynne, I hope you are enjoying that coffee this morning!

Phxsunflower, good for you, getting in an early walk! It's been long-sleeves weather here for a while now, although it's been pretty mild during the afternoon. Have an enjoyable time watching the sports!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Geez...Wednesday already? *yawn*

Our dishwasher broke yesterday ...so we have to wait until the landlord feels like actually doing something. I haven't been without a dishwasher in years...I'm spoiled.

If DH gets finished with work early enough, I have to go get blood work done and have an insulin test done. It takes an hour or more and I really don't want to bring DS alone.

Thankfully there is pumpkin bread left from yesterday to have for breakfast - mama just doesn't feel like cooking this morning

eta: Cyndi - thanks for the alert about the Bob's sale. I might talk to my SIL about splitting an order.

Last edited by zeffryn; 11-05-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, I need the coffee also due to staying up too late too.

I've read the last couple of days but didn't post as I have been one grumpy lady (and grumpy is putting it nicely). Work is just awful right now, boss is frustrated and taking it out on me and vise versa and it is just an ugly cycle. Today I have a better attitude (I think) and hope to make some headway.

The big moving day is Saturday and that isn't helping matters any. I am excited though, everytime I turn around now I find something I despise about our current home and I am just ready to get it over with!

Really sounds like I have a better attitude right? I promise I am 10 times better than I have been!

Lisa hope you are feeling better!

Ok time to take the bull by the horns, after another cup of coffee! Have a lovely day ladies!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

ok- sleepy heads! lol I stayed upo late last night watching the election as well... and have had a cup of coffee so I guess I wouldve felt the same way before that cup

Cottage- Good Morning! Sounds like you are up and running now!

Cyndi- Ouch long day! Thanks for the BRM info, Im going to see if my mom wants to split some. I think she usually gets it from her co-op so not sure which would be cheaper.

Twynn- Good Morning!

Phx- WTG on getting in that early walk! And enjoy the sports today~!

Ruth-Hope you aren't getting a cold. I hate that feeling, definitely take it easy till you shake that feeling! and take your vitamins!

Zeff- MMMM pumpkin bread sounds delish! enjoy your day!

Stephanie- Good luck with the move... and the attitude

As for me, I got called off work today. UGH, like I needed that. My boss called and left a message saying it hasn't picked up at all and I didn't need to come in today and to come in Thursday. I guess it gives me the chance to do the things I didn't get done this weekend but I wish we would get busier! I may have to consider picking up a second job if this one doesn't pick up! I am hoping since the election is over things may start to change Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here today. It was very warm yesterday- I definitely need to get to the gym, paying for it every month and never using it is horrible!!!!! I wish I could just get into it and do it. yuck. lol

I think I may try to make a pot of beans today and freeze them, we have been thinking about buying a big stand up freezer for in the garage... we just don't have enough room in our regular freezer!

Last edited by rdw1; 11-05-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and hope everyone has a great and blessed day
Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Love all the new avatars! So many gorgeous people and images!

I stayed up late last night too, both for the election and to hear the results from CA. I'm sad and excited today and the key is to focus on the excited and not let the sad lead to eating. I'm on day 2 of Phase 1 and glad not to have sugar highs adding to the mess of emotions!

Looks like a really busy day at work, so I won't be able to check in much. Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Rikki - I can't tell you how nice it is to have an extra freezer. We have a small chest freezer that has quite a few pre-made dinners for after the baby is born in it. The chest freezer was a hand me down from a relative and must be close to a million years old, but still works awesome.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Hump Day!!!

Cottage - Sounds like you started slow, but then got right to it. You sure do get a lot done in the morning!

Cyndi - Hang in there with your long day. I hope coffee will help fuel you through.

Twynn - Mornin'

Phxsunflower - It's finally cooling down here as well. Such a nice change.

Ruth - The Hort. meeting sounds fun. Funny you should mention Disney's full of bean.....my pups LOVE beans. When ever I open a can they are all a twitter. I always share.

Zeff - Living without a dishwasher stinks....dh and I did it for over a year. I hope for your sake that your landlord is quick with it and gets a new one for you soon!

Stephanie - Sorry your such a grumpy goose. I hope your attitude this morning is better and things go better at work. Hang in there!!

Rikki - Sorry that work is slow. I'm hoping with you that things will look up soon.

Gonnabe - GOOD MORNING!!!!

Laurie - I think I hear exactly what you're saying....but I'm hoping things work out smartly by the end of the day. Keep your spirits up!

Me - So finally there's a good side to being all the way out here on the west coast....we knew the results before 9:00 and I was able to get to bed at a reasonable hour. Both speeches by the candidates were very good. I'm excited to see what the next 4 years bring. There's still some hold outs out here in CA regarding propositions.....I'm very curious to see how some of them came out.
Tonight I'm determined to get the Halloween decorations put away and the Thanksgiving ones up. Other than that I need to start packing, we're headed out to see friends out in Colorado this weekend. Should be really nice!!!
Have a good day ladies!
BLESSINGS!!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

I too stayed up late to watch the elections right to the end.

Sounds like its not going to be a very productive day today but maybe your bosses are tired too. Hopefully that will work in your favour.

We are also having lovely weather and more leaf raking and a walk is planned.
Yesterday I bought some Cool Whip Lite and then when I brought it home I read the ingredients. Man it is full of hydrogenic oils and corn syrup, etc... it when into my garbage. Even if it is allowed on SB I am not letting DH eat anything like that. I bought it mainly for him because he is eating lots of sugar free jello right now.
sophie
trying to drink more water
Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick pop-in. I think I have strep. Of course, today is inventory, which means I have to go to work no matter what, so I'm going in to infect everyone I come into contact with, with my fever, vomiting, sore throat, and nasty cough.

I just want to lie down.

Have a great day girls.

Lisa
Closed Thread