South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default First November Weekend Chat

Hey! Everybody up! It's tomorrow morning when we get that extra hour here in North America. The coffee is ready and my leftover chips and liquorice are in the garbage. (Yes, I indulged but not as much as other years. My excuse is that I'm in mourning. )

It's going to be a brilliant day when the sun finally gets up and I'm planning to do some outside stuff this morning. I have a quilting class this afternoon until after four so it's morning outdoor chores or nothing.

See y'all later. Come and chat a bit.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default "Fall Back" Weekend 11/1-11/2

Happy November!

I'm reminding everyone to turn their clocks BACK an hour tonight before going to bed. You get to sleep in an extra hour tomorrow! That sounds good, but I don't like the shorter days at all.

I'm running out to get grocery shopping done early, then stopping in to visit with Mom & Dad for a while. The kids will probably be over later, Carley's been wanting to stay overnight, but I want to see what the situation with my dad is like first.

What's everyone doing this weekend?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Ruth - Enjoy the beautiful fall day! (It says it's 52 right now?!?!)

Cottage - good luck with your errands. Hope dad is okay

Me - not sure (isn't that nice?). In reality, I guess we need to clean. But, I think it's supposed to be a nice day, and we might take advantage of it and go hiking or something outside as a family. Hopefully all personalities will be "in alignment" so it will be pleasant!

Be good!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning chicks, it really does look to be a beautiful day out there. Not sure yet what my day holds, I'm sure it will be some from of packing at this house or working at the new.

Ruth have fun quilting!

Cottage hope all is well with dad.

Twynn hiking sounds like a great thing to do today!

I was in such a cranky mood when I left work that I didn't even want to turn on my porch light. I am so glad now that I did, I had this one beautiful little bumble bee come up on my porch just as sweet as she could be and totally just made all the grumpies go away.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks There was actual sleeping in around here this morning

Ruth - Tossing the leftovers is definitely the way to go. I swear that stuff calls to me if it's in the house. It's lovely to see your cheerful self first thing in the morning again I missed you

Cottage - I'm with you on the days. I hate coming home in the dark at night I also hate getting up in the dark so I might just live too far from the equator Hope things are going alright with your folks.

Twynn - A hike does sound wonderful, especially if there's an alignment I still remember a canoe trip with DD when she was about 12 I'm sure we annoyed every living creature for miles.

Pacer - Hope the moving goes well. When do you plan to be completely in the new place?

We are finally checking out BJ's today. If that goes well tomorrow we head to the coast! We're very excited to be mobile again. Other than that the usual weekend tasks for today. I do plan to get out for a walk. Now that the clocks are changing I have to take advantage of sunny weekend days whenever I can.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #6  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Morning chickies! I am enjoying my cup of coffee here this morning without splenda- oops. got to get to the store today. I put some davinci syrup in it but I really prefer my splenda!

We're having our annual Halloween party tonight, so that should take care of the rest of the candy- and I found these cute SIMPLE little cookies I can make with a bunch of the leftover kisses- you take a fudgestriped cookie turn it upside down with the brown side up and put a kiss in the middle of it with icing, make a bow with the icing on the front and voila! a witch's hat!
I think I am also going to make some candy corn bark and spinach dip and hummus I already prepared yesterday! so, i have quite a bit of shopping to do today as well as checking out the halloween store to see if they have any super deals I can't pass up! Our neighbor's yard looked sooooo cool- I was jealous! we had lights on our bushes and a big lit up spider web and a fog machine but they had a whole cemetary, fog machine and a strobe light! Their yard was awesome! I gotta step it up next year! lol but, we were the only ones in the culdesac to decorate so it was cool... however we probably gave out the coolest treats- candy and glow sticks- the kids LOVED the glow sticks!lol

Ruth- Enjoy your beautiful day! Looks like its going to be a nice one here too!

Cottage- enjoy the visit with mom and dad!

Twynn- I would feel the same way if I wasn't having guests over tonight! Thats how my weekends usually begin!

Pacer- glad you enjoyed the trick or treaters! We did too- probably had close to 100 of them! we lost count~!

Cyndi- nice to sleep in, eh?!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy November 1st,

Ruth- Have fun at your quilting class

Cottage- enjoy the visit with mom and dad!

Twynn- Hopefully you will take advantage of the nice weather outside, that's what I would do, cleaning can wait...hehe

Pacer- glad to hear you got rid of the grumpies last night.

Cyndi- Hope you get to go the coast...I am with you on getting up in the dark, yuck.

Rikki- enjoy your part tonight.

As for me, last night I dipped in DD2 candy bag and ate a few pieces of my old favorites and paid for it with a stomach ache a couple of hours later. So I will not be dipping into any more candy, so I guess it was a good thing, associated candy with stomach aches

Today, we have to drive 2 1/2 hours one way to watch DS Football 1st Playoff game but it is a nice day for a drive, so that will be about it.

Hopefully tomorrow we will p/u DS truck so he has something to drive and the Blazer is on Ebay so hopefully we will get it sold and then another crisis behind us. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! Had a nice time Trick or Treating last night. Our Little Batman had a good time but got reaaaaaally tired by the end of the night. Had fun in "Gramma-reen and Grampa-leen's" neighborhood (Grandma Maureen and Grampa Lee, my parents.)

Going to sip some tea, get cleaned up, take Tom to get some workout gear, and hit the gym. I'm still sore from Wednesday (my pecs and triceps don't like being used) but it's time to push through it. I have lots of magazines that I've been saving up for the elliptical too.

Then later, since Halloween is over, we're going to start putting up the Christmas decorations. Tom's even crazier about Christmas than I am! WOO HOO!

Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween 2008 005.jpg (27.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 11-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Nov. 1, everyone! I had no idea it was the weekend to change the clocks; thanks for reminding me!

Ruth: I'll accept your excuse for the snacking last night. I hope your quilting class is a fun one.

Cottage: Enjoy your shopping and your time with Carley!

TwynnB: Hiking sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure what the condition of the trails are for us. I hope everything comes together and you enjoy your day!

Stephanie: That's so great that the little bee cheered you up. Our cutest last night was a little princess. She was a dark little Hispanic girl with a HUGE blond wig. She was ADORABLE!

Cyndi: Enjoy your day and I hope you make it to the coast tomorrow!

Rikki: Enjoy your party tonight! It sounds like you have a lot to get ready, but I'm sure you'll get it all done. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Pearl: Congrats to your DS' team for getting to the playoffs. I LOVE football season and traveling to games. I hope that it is a great day!

Me: Not much going here. DH is still wrapped up in his cocoon in bed. We had a freeze last night that we weren't expecting and we didn't have the heaters on. In fact, we had all the ceiling fans on! It was chilly when we woke up.

I'm getting ready to get off my rear and get some coffee. I'm hoping the smell will wake DH up so he'll start making my breakfast! We'll be running to the hardware store and the post office this morning. Other than that, it's the typical Saturday cleaning and laundry. I don't mind working all day Saturday so that I can sit around on Sunday!

Well, off to bribe the man out of bed...hope this works!!

~Kim

ETA: Good morning, Lisa! The three of you make the cutest little family! I'm glad last night went well for ya'll! I'm like Tom, I'd like to get Christmas decorations up now, but I'll wait until the end of this month. DH gets tired of having to dust around the hundreds of snowmen! Enjoy your workout!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 11-01-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Sunday!!

Ruth - Good morning love! Good to see you up and about. Enjoy your quilting today. Are you ever going to show us the fruits of your labor??? I'd love to see some of your quilts.

Cottage - Good morning! Thanks for the reminder. Have a lovely visit with your parents.

Twynn - Good morning! If you can get out, I think it sounds like a splendid idea. Have a great hike!

Stephanie - So glad that the bumble bee made it better. I hope you're able to shake it all of and have a fantastic weekend!

Cyndi - There you are....I'd been wondering where you had been. Glad to hear all is well and DP is now up and moving and ready for a small adventure. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Rikki - Isn't it crazy how many decorations have come up for Halloween in the past decade. It's almost as busy as Christmas. Hope you're able to find some great deals today! Good luck!

pearlrose - Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you. I hope you're able to get it all done and give yourself some time to relax as well.

Lisa - Christmas already?!?!?! I've got harvest decorations to put up first. We have a strict rule around here.....no Christmas decorations until after Christmas. Great picture!!!

Kim - My dh is still in bed as well. I'm going to let him sleep for a few more then rattle his cage and get him up. Hope your coffee works. And good luck getting breakfast out of him

Me - This morning we're off to take the in-laws to breakfast at one of our favorite diners. I'm really going to try to be good...but I can't make any promises. This afternoon I've got to go grocery shopping and get this place cleaned up....it's a wreck, again. And then tonight we're headed to the Opera to see the Barber of Sevill. Should be a very full, but fun day.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
BLESSINGS!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

We've already had Christmas music playing in the house, for like 2 weeks now. Ever since we bought our 7 foot fake tree (holy cow is it going to be huge) and some ornaments, we (especially Tom) have been ready to get decorating. My rule is usually day after Thanksgiving until Epiphany, but Tom wants All Saints Day to January 15th or something. He's so funny.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quick flyby for me...at least for now. I promised the family waffles and it's already late

Went trick or treating last night. A lot of people commented how polite DS was because he actually said thank you. I can't imagine a child *not* saying thank you. Oy. He was a giraffe....too cute.

Have a great November day, girls!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

ruth - have fun quilting, doing something like that makes the world go away.

cottage - enjoy your grandkids. Wish my little one was closer.

tywnn - hiking would be so great. I love it at this time of year.

stephanie - I too had the sweetest little one come to the door that makes halloween so enjoyable for me.

cyndi - have fun by the coast. I love being by water, something so peaceful about it.

kim - don't work too hard today, house work is always there.

heather - are you wearing your pearls to the opera?

weezle - way to early for Christmas for me, I usually get into the mood a week before, love the stress of getting everything ready at the last minute I guess but its harder as I get older.

zeff - I am so jealous of your mother. Wish I was visiting my daughter and her family. She is planning to come over in Feb. or if not I am definitely going there. Nice to hear a child say thank you, I didn't get too many of those last night.

me - leaf raking for sure this weekend. Thanks to everyone who has prayers and thoughts for my DH. He had no fever last night but had to take a pain killer. He says its just a little maintenance thingy happening. DH has the most wonderful disposition. In 39.5 years of marriage I can honestly say that I have never seen him angry.
sophie
Old 11-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #14  

We usually only get two groups of kids at our house so this year I decided to take Brian and his friend to Six Flags Fright Fest. We had a wonderful time although I am definitely too old for the shaking that goes with the wooden rollercoasters. We got home around 12:30 and had to get up at 4 so I could drop Brian off for camping. He's staffing a cub event and camping tonight. Hopefully he slept in the car on the way to the camp. I went back home and got some more sleep which is unusual for me but it looks like I'm going to have to help test the applications after the time change so I'll be up around 1AM CT to test the ones in ET and then move on to the Central time systems. We also have servers in Mountain and Pacific so it could be a long morning.

I'm planning on going out and cutting the hedges in the front of the house WAY back and then putting down stuff to try to kill the poison ivy. This is my first chance and I think it's cool enough today. I hope I don't get into the poison ivy but I probably will.

Jessie - You have a beautiful baby. Congratulations.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Quick stop by for me - my day is soooo busy

Cottage thanks for the clock reminder - that extra hour sleep is gonna feel great

Lisa you guys make a lovely family

Hmac enjoy your evening

Hope everyone held their ground lastnight with all the candy temptations - I myself was very good!
Closed Thread