South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Twitters

It's Tuesday already! Although, yesterday was a long day for me. I had just gotten back from Curves when I had to rush over to be with Maggie. She's having a bad flare-up of her Lyme Disease, and we spent a good bit of the day at the doctor's and blood lab. Between that, and taking Audrey to cotillion, I used almost 3/4 tank of gas yesterday. At least it's a few cents cheaper a gallon right now. I think Maggie will be OK to go to school this morning, I hope so. I plan on going to Curves, then working in my gardens, readying the flower beds for the winter. I finally got all the ingredients for that Pumpkin Black Bean soup that Beachgal recommended, so I want to make a nice pot of that today, too.

NESSA, congratulations on your Newfie! I hope the adoption goes smoothly!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Tuesday morning although it feels like Monday to me after the long Thanksgiving Weekend.

I can hardly wait for Nessa's pictures of Harley. I love Landseers and Newfies. They are such big huggable bears.

Busy 2½ day week ahead as I am off to Kingston for Synod at noon on Thursday. Lots to accomplish before then and no time to goof off. I hate to admit it but I still have dishes and silver to put away after TD dinner and laundry to tackle. It's also federal election day here and there's an exciting Cemetery Board meeting tonight. Woo-hoo! I also need to make devilled eggs and cookies for a TD dinner/lunch tomorrow at the clinic. I sure don't need any more big meals for a while. Getting on the scale this morning has me in shock.

Time to get on with it. The weather was glorious over the weekend and seems to have held for today so I may get outside for a bit.

Happy twittering today.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Chickies!! I sure miss you all in the mornings these days! I'm playing hooky today so I needed my chick fix!!

Cottage, that's a lot of "street running" you did yesterday...ouch on the gas. I'm glad I live in a smallish town and am 6 minutes from work. Takes my husband about the same to get to the university where he works.
Hope Maggie is better today and let us know how that soup turns out...it sounds wonderful. Still a little too hot here for soup yet, but next month it should be great!

Ruth, sounds like you have been burning the candles at both ends!! Don't you just hate having to put away all that "company stuff" when holidays are over? Speaking of silver, I have to tackle mine. I've always been so good about keeping it shiny and polished and right now I'd die if my Mother saw it. I get out an old sheet and sit on the bed and take it piece by piece and polish while watching tv.

Me...not sure what I'm doing on my hooky day yet. Meeting a buddy later on and will hit the gym in a couple of hours when I'm finished with house chores.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, give Maggie a hug for me! I hope she's feeling better today!

Ruth, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (outside of passover). Glad you had a good time with your guests!

Femme, nice to see you dear! you can come over and we'll go look at the foilage?

Nessa! I can't tell you how excited I am for you over the new puppy! I just love his looks!

Me; Plan to get Jade out for a walk today at the park and pick a few things up from town. Have a list of to do's today, hopefully will get half of them accomplished.

Scale down to 177.5!! I"m changing my ticker to 178. .

ETA: This is total of..... Twenty pounds lost!!!!

Last edited by Loriann7; 10-14-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Holy cow, where is everyone this morning?

Cottage hope today is a bit calmer for you. Gas is finally down to $2.92this morning, I started doing some math today and can't believe just a month ago we were paying a dollar more per gallon and what that dollar saved me this morning!

Ruth here's hoping you get everything done you need in the next couple of days.

Cat enjoy your day off!

Loriann congrats on the 20 lbs! You rock!

Me Ugh! I am not friends with the scale anymore and I have no one to blame but myself! Today is a new day! No more excuses!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Mornin chicks!

I too am having scale issues - it stayed the same exact weight as last week. Yeas i know thats better than going up but I soooo wanted it to go down so I could get my hair colored - better luck next week.

Cottage hope Maggie is better today

Ruth good luck on getting all your stuff done befor your trip

Cat a hooky day sounds great - enjoy!

Loriann glad to know the scale loves one of us chicks

Stephanie here's some hope it helps

I did manage to get in another day of my new weight lifting video lastnight and dh joined me so that was great. Got up early this morning and did a walk away the lbs video so all I have left is my workout while I watch biggest loser.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Pacer, I was wondering the same thing... WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Gonna, not sure that the scale does love me. Do you realize I've struggled between 178 and 183 for a y ear?????????? . Everytime I move the ticker to 179 or 178 it bounces back into the 180s. Now I ask, is that love?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quick hi hi hi! Slept in today. OOPS. Tommy starts school today, which he's pretty excited about. He's going to finish up his massage therapy degree. I can handle that. He needs a guinea pig. OINK. Right here. (I know that's not really a guinea pig but we don't have one of those smilies.)

OK gotta hit the shower and get moving. Have a great day everyone, and keep praying about the job! They sent me an email making me fill out something for a background check already. Keep those fingers crossed and pray!

Lisa
Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies,

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Cottage, I hope Maggie is feeling okay. Lyme disease is pretty prevalent in our parts as well (Mass). How do you like curves? There is one nearby here where I live.....I am looking into to different places.

Ruth, you always sound like such a busy bee! : ) IT sounds like you had a wonderful happy thanksgiving weekend, full of activities and such. Don't worry about that scale, I'm sure any weight gain will go right back down....you are one dedicated lady indeed!

Femme, so neat that you took the day off for yourself : ) enjoy it sweety lady. It brought back memories hearing about you all talking about silver! Oh my lord! I had a lot of it as did mom! We used to polish it together. I got slackeritis when I moved here and my silver is packed away, this place is just so much work as it is. Come to think of it, I don't think mom has her silver out anymore either , lol ah yes, yes, it's in the hutch I beleive. Have an awesome day : )

Lorianne, congrats on the weight loss : )

Pacergal, today is a new day indeed, have a great one.

Gonnabe, sounds like quite the way to start the day! enjoy your day as well : ). How is that walk away the lbs. video? Sounds interesting.

As for me ladies, I am feeling much better this morning. I was so darn pouty last night with TOM and all but today is a new day and it's going to be a beauty! sunny and mild, in the low 70's! My mom is coming over and we are going to lay in the sun and catch some rays. Going for a walk with Dh after work, so looking forward to it! I was bummed yesterday that I didn't get out but that's history! Onto a new day we go, wishing you all a great one.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!! Happy Tuesday!

Cottage - Sounds like things were all over the place yesterday. I hope things are better today, and that Maggie is feeling more like herself.

Ruth - You're doing it again.....having too many things going on and not having time for yourself! Try to find 30 min. for you to relax and enjoy your self!

Cat - Good morning, friend. Enjoy your day of hooky.

Loriann - Congrats on the weight loss. Here's hoping that the work you do continues you on your way down the scale!

Stephanie -Focus and plan. Make sure you've got a plan on what you're going to eat and how you're going to prepare it. Get that scale back to where you want it to be!!!

Gonnabe - You're going to take over Cyndi's exercise queen title if you keep this pace up!!! Keep working hard. The scale will cooperate soon!!!

Weezle - I was wondering if you had heard anything about the job. Good luck. Keeping my finger's crossed.

Me - So now my pup has diarrhea. I don't know if it's something she ate or a bug or what, but she got up 3 times last night. Poor thing, this morning I could hear her tummy gurgling. I'm going to give it a day or two, however, before I get really worried. Dachshunds are known for having a sensitive stomach, so I want to wait to see if it passes. Last night we scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors. They now look so clean and shiny...makes me happy! Tonight we vacuum. Today at work I'm taking a group of kids to the House of Blues, so that should be a lot of fun. I love getting my students off campus. They always please me with how good they act when they're in public. Should be a good day all they way around!
You all have a good one too!!!!
ENJOY!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fullsteam - Welcome to the daily chat. I hope you have a chance to get out and enjoy the day....Good luck with that!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 10-14-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone. I tried to check in while I was enjoying my morning cuppa, but it was raining and all our workout equipment was still outside. I had to rush out with DH in my PJs and flip-flops to help get it all in the house. That was an energizing start to our day!

Cottage: What a day for you and Maggie! Poor thing! I hope both of you are back to normal today. I've got 20 lbs. of ripe pumpkins to use up, so I think I'll be attempting that soup this weekend as well.

Ruth: You are once again a busy lady. Sorry about the cemetery board meeting tonight; hopefully it will be quick and painless. Hope you get some outside time today!

Cat: Good for you, playing hooky for a day! I hope it's fun and relaxing and productive. Do those words even belong in the same sentence? Enjoy your day!

Loriann: Congrats on your 20 lb. loss!! I hope that you get all your to-dos accomplished today!

Stephanie: Sorry about your scale woes lately. I'm sure you'll get yourself back on the right track soon.

Gonna: Isn't it great to workout with DH? When we get home after work, DH and I try to work out every day together. It is such a great bonding time for us! I hope you enjoy your day and no Biggest Loser spoilers! I don't get to watch it until Sunday!

Lisa: You sure are a lucky lady! I hope Tom's instructors give him LOTS of homework! Still praying about the job! Keep us informed!

Me: Not much going on here. It's raining and looks to rain all day, so I think I'll have to move my evening weight session to my guest bedroom. There is plenty of room in there, but I'd much rather workout outside.

Other than working out, I don't have a lot to do tonight. I need to finish a book binding project between now and tomorrow night, so I'll probably work on that a bit.

Well, I'm boring myself, so I can only imagine what you girls are thinking about my exciting life. I hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim

ETA:

FullSteamAhead: I don't think we've "met" yet! Nice to meet you! I'm glad you're feeling better. Just keep that positive attitude; it makes a HUGE difference!!

Heather: Sorry about your puppy woes. I hope he/she gets better soon. Aren't dachshunds great, though? I didn't realize what great dogs they were until we got one. He's great, a bit of a diva, but still a cute diva. Enjoy your trip out with your kiddos. Sounds like a really fun place to go for a student!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-14-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Whew! I'm just sitting down with a nice cuppa tea. I have the Pumpkin Black Bean soup simmering, and does it ever smell yummy! I haven't tasted it yet, though, but I'll let you know how goes. If it's made with pumpkin, it's bound to be good!

I came home from Curves with no messages on my machine, so I guess Maggie went to school. There are no after-school activities planned for today, so this afternoon we may go to the crafts store to stock up, our supplies are running low these days. And I hope to get home at a "normal" time to have supper with Jake. The poor guy just hates having to eat his evening meals alone.

FullSteamAhead, it's nice to see you in the Daily! I really enjoy the Curves near me, since the owner really keeps on top of things and we have all the latest equipment. I have visited a few Curves, though, that I haven't liked at all.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Loriann your right about the love of the scale - a year thats a long time but good for you for sticking it out. You give me hope

Lisa

Fullsteam I have several different walk away the lbs videos and I love them mostly because it doesn't feel like exercise to me. They are something I can do for the rest of my life

hmac thanks for the lil push there I need it. Hope your furbaby gets to feeling better soon

Kim my dh and I are true best friends we do everything together - i think with that and the blessings from above is why we have such a strong loving marriage/relationship.

Cottage thats good news on Maggie. I am headed to the craft store on my lunch break as I need to stock up on scrapbook supplies and get some things to make a few christmas gifts. Hope that soup turns out
Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Well, today is gonna be a sleep all day kinda day. I have just spent the past few hours trying to fix my flash player 9, does anyone else have problems getting sound off of flash videos online? It seems like this is a common problem with the updated flash player. I tried everything.. stupid adobe makers shouldn't put out something that clearly has issues/bugs..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #15  
Determined to lose!

OK< I haven't seen our friend Zeff in a couple days.... how are you? How's the move going?????????????

PLEASE CHECK IN!

I also haven't seen TomandKara either!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you still alive Kara?

Last edited by Loriann7; 10-14-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Closed Thread