South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chatter

Good morning! The crack of dawn is about to happen, I hope! It sure is dark out there.

While I was away, we had a killing frost so the tomatoes are toast - actually they are mush. I'm sure I have enough to not starve this winter. I may do some dried apples today and try not to slice my thumb again. I also have a care conference at the nursing home at 10:30 but plan a long soak in my own tub before then. I love to travel but love being home too.

By the way, yesterday's daily was huge! Maybe we should check out the chat in here or set up a Yahoo group.

What's a'happening with you today?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chatterings

Good Tuesday morning!

It's looking pretty dark and I don't see any signs of a sunrise yet. I love Fall, but I sure don't like shorter days!

I'm feeling a little stuffy this morning, I sure hope I'm not getting sick. Both my girlies have been sick all weekend, and I'm afraid they shared their germs with me with all the hugs and kisses they gave me yesterday. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Nothing could compare to the look on little Maggie's face when she saw me waiting for her at her bus stop! And Audrey squealed and ran to me and enveloped me in a big bear hug when she got home from school. You might have thought I'd been gone a year! It's nice to know I was missed!
-----------------------------------------
Good morning, Ruth! Want to share a cup of coffee together? We haven't had any frosts here yet, but I'm sure it won't be much longer! Be careful with that mandolin today!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-23-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning you two It's nice to see you back!

Ruth - I've got apples coming out this morning. We also bought some ginger. A local farmer does a lot of greenhouse growing and has some. I'm going to put stem pieces in the dehydrator for tea. I know what you mean about being home. Enjoy your soak

Cottage - I'm not a fan of shorter days either. Sounds like there are lots of rewards with your job

A lot of fall happening around here too. Looks like we still dodged the frost bullet. I'm getting as many peppers dried as I can before they're gone. Apples and cabbage are also on the list.

Now for more coffee! Have a good day everyone
Old 09-23-2008, 07:20 AM   #4  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Hey Ladies!!!

Not much time just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy Tuesday!! I agree....these shorter days aren't my favorites!! I'm so excited...just watched the weather and we're actually going to be hovering around 80 with low humidity....LOVE this time of year when we get "cool"!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - A soak in the tub sounds DELIGHTFUL!!!

Cottage - hope you fight off that cold! Tis the season!

Cyndi and Mandi and all - enjoy the day!

Me - I jogged six miles straight yesterday!! WoooOOOO!! I'm trying to sign up for a 5K, but every one I'm unable to do b/c of work or family. I want to keep in the habit....I'm currently at my college weight, but I'm actually one size smaller... I think from all the running!

Today - off to work (what else??!!??). Lots of errands to do. Nothing much exciting, hope it stays that way.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Yep, love this cooler weather. Ceiling fans are all it takes now to keep us cool at night. Can't wait till October when it gets to be "real" fall here. I must admit I'm a summer person, but love being able to work out in the garden without sweating buckets. I hope it doesn't get cool too soon. I have NO fall or winter clothes. Come on pay day!

Slamming back my turkey/spinach/ezekial sandwich and heading out the door...ya'll have a great productive day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-23-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I'm another one who loves Fall. Although, I do not like winter, except for Christmas. Last week was my first week on Phase 2. I lost 2#. I was so very careful adding carbs. Happy Tuesday!!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning all. nip of fall in the air.

Hannah seems to be settling down into being an only dog... for a bit...

does anyone know if when a digitial scale needs batteries it will weigh you light? there is no way after what i ate yesterday that I lost another pound over night... the salt alone (i had crab soup and popcorn yesterday) should have made me gain....
Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I love fall weather, but driving into work it was dark the whole way and by the time I leave it starts getting dark again.

I have full day training today for Mentor Program so just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

Good MOrning all... I don't see a chat in here at all!

Nessa, for me my "sins" show up not one,but two days later! Try again tomorrow? But sometimes we can have a day with cheats and NOT gain anything .

As for me, office day, need to clean paperwork and pay bills, sigh! Anyone care to donate for the cause?

Kitty decided to play again all night! I really need to get over to sis's for the baby gate! I need to open up the room. But I also know, for some reason, kitty is still under stress., her eyes continue to water, not constantly, but every now and again. .
Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning chicks,
Ruth, that explains the tears over the weekend. I was wondering... Many hugs and sympathetic thoughts. She will live on in the SB boards' memories along with her sister. It's hard for you to lose them so close together I'm sure. Thank goodness for Disney.
cottage, coming home is always fun. It's good to have our mods back! I can't believe you chicks didn't take a picture.
Twynn, you are a running machine, I'm so impressed! No laundry on your list today?
Have a great day Cyndi, mandy, Pearl, and Cat!
Congrats on the 2 lbs. carolcolleen.
nessa, you made the soup so it shouldn't be overly salty. Take the 2 lbs and run before the scale changes its mind.
Hope weezle is feeling better today.

Kind of gloomy and overcast here, but should be sunny and nice this afternoon. Just a regular school/work day around here. Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-23-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Nessa, for me my "sins" show up not one,but two days later! Try again tomorrow? But sometimes we can have a day with cheats and NOT gain anything .

oh wait. i was not clear. I did not cheat. I had the points ( I used my flex points but oatmeal, popcorn, and two other large bread serivngs yesterday plus salt) seemed excessive and i'm down 2 pounds since sunday...

i think the scale is broken and it's only 2 years old.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Tuesday!

Ruth - Enjoy your soak in the tub...sounds divine. And make sure to use the guard if you plan on using your mandoline.

Cottage - You girls obviously love you. You must do a heck of a job. Isn't it nice to be appreciated.

Cyndi - You are so crafty with that dehydrator. If we lived closer, I'd so be coming to your classes

Mandy - Enjoy your cooler weather!

Tywnnb - You are amazing with your running. Did you run when you were younger, or is this a by-product of you loosing weight??

Cat - Next pay day you better get yourself to the store for some new clothes. We don't want to have a wardrobe malfunction in front of the kids

Carolcolleen - Welcome to the chat! I don't think we've met. Great job on your weight loss thus far on P2! Keep it up!

Nessa - You need to accept the weight loss. Even if it doesn't stick, be pleased with the number today. You're doing a great job!!!

Pearlrose - I agree....driving in the dark to and from work is not fun. Have a good day at the training

Loriann - I hope things with Honey get better soon. Stress for kitty must not be fun for anyone.

Schmoodle - Mornin'

Me - I'm in a much better space today. Thank you all for the hugs and kind words yesterday. I was really in a funk, but I finally started yesterday, so I know that we can now start counting again for next month. I covet your prayers. Stayed up way too late last night and watched way too much TV. (So excited that Heroes is back on!) Woke up on time this morning, only to find that the exercise on-demand was not working. BOOOOOO! I've got a speaker coming in today to talk to my students about presenting themselves in an interview. I'm hoping the kids respond well to them. Looking forward to dinner tonight...sloppy joes.
Have a lovely fall day!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

i rarely watch network TV but I want to see The Mentalist tonite. anyone else love Simon Baker?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Had to do a quick scan of todays post as I got wrapped up in what I missed yesterday. And I thought I had drama lastnight with a frantic phone call while at DD's volleyball game lastnight that my not yet 2 year old neice had an eraser stuck in her nose (for the second time in 5 days) and I needed to come it out NOW! Needless to say I missed DD getting put into the game. UGH!

Hope everyone is feeling better today, I have to run for now but will be back later.

Oh and Nessa you looked smokin yesterday!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 09-23-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread