South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the recipe Section under Phase I Entrees. It's a sticky. And to The Beach Forum.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #17  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Mel,

It is hard to diet. Very very hard. Some days I want Pizza so bad that I'd almost kill for it.

But the question becomes: Is it worth it?

What are you fighting for? What's important to you? And why might you be sabotaging yourself? I read this book "Idiot Proof Diet" which was pretty terrible, but it did talk about examining why you overate, what got you to this point... You've been doing so well.

The book talks about people eating to feel strong, big, so that the world can't hurt them... I know you've got a lot of drama in your life.

The book also seems to be a rip off of the Atkins diet, so I don't recommend it. I think maybe you should try food journaling- not what you are eating, but what you feel when you eat.

Good luck, you really are doing great and making great progress!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #18  

I've made a phase 1 pizza out of portabella mushrooms before. Yummy! And in phase 2, it is easy with whole wheat pita bread or flatbread. It helps when that is what you really want to eat.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #19  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Another question. . .where do you get the neat pounds lost tickers in your posts? I want one! )

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #20  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile Day 7 For Me!

Just had a great breakfast.

--Egg Beater omelet w/red peppers
--2 slices turkey bacon, crisp
--5 oz. veg. juice

The vegetable juice is not my favorite, but I got it down.

Need to pack my lunch for school now.

Everyone have a great day!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Junebug. Your breakfast looks great. Please pass me some.

The nifty ticker will be available when you have been registered more than 20 days and have made 20 posts. You will also be able to post links at thet time. Sorry but we had to put in that rule to discourage spammers who kept posting spammy links in their signatures.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #22  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning!

As of this morning, I'm back on phase 1. Hoping to stay the course and reach goal this time.

Have a great on-plan day!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all you Newbies and Phase 1 re-Starters!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #24  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

day 9 for me and i am feeling great!

to the newbies and returners

to us all - we can do this
Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #25  
Come on ONEderland!

Day 6 for me, and I'm still at 205 and feeling great!

I've had the portabella mushroom pizza, and it's delicious. I also make a mean whole wheat pizza. But yeah, pizza is one thing I cannot control myself over. I'll even eat more than I should with the whole wheat. So.... It's a red food for me and I have to learn how to triumph over it.

Today's menu-
B: 2 eggs over easy, 1 cup brocolli, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes from the farmers market that are soooo good they're like candy.
S: 1 string cheese, a few more of those tomatoes because they really are delicious!
L: Tomato and basil soup, 2 chili marinated chicken tenders if I'm still hungry.
S: 15 almonds (and maybe some more tomatoes, if I'm not tomatoed out.)
D: Chicken alfredo spaghetti squash..... Not 100% sure about the alfredo and the squash, but it sure sounds really tasty!

I want to send out a big hug to Mel, she helps me so much with her attitude and her opinions, I wanted her to know that she's appreciated.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #26  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

USC - I really like the idea of green, yellow and red foods. It is amazing how much I have learned over the past few months that I have been here. I have so many different weapons in my arsenal now.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #27  
Come on ONEderland!

I have been reading so many self-help diet books, and I find all these little gems that really help me figure out why I've done what I've done to myself (it's bad genes, sure, but it's also a giant sugar addiction and equating food with love... which it's not.)

I really think that anything you can do to get you where you need to be is a great help. This board is one of my biggest allies.

This other book I read "The Idiot Proof diet" said that you should not tell anyone you're dieting... I'm not sure I agree with that. Most people are very supportive of my lifestyle change. And they really give me encouragement and support.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #28  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscarchie View Post
I have been reading so many self-help diet books, and I find all these little gems that really help me figure out why I've done what I've done to myself (it's bad genes, sure, but it's also a giant sugar addiction and equating food with love... which it's not.)

I really think that anything you can do to get you where you need to be is a great help. This board is one of my biggest allies.

This other book I read "The Idiot Proof diet" said that you should not tell anyone you're dieting... I'm not sure I agree with that. Most people are very supportive of my lifestyle change. And they really give me encouragement and support.
I don't agree with that either. I think it would be rude to turn down something someone offers you without some sort of explanation, and a new way of eating is the sort of explanation that most everyone supports. I also find that if I didn't tell my husband or my family, it would be a lot harder. When they know, they don't push certain foods....they don't even mention them...but if they didn't know, there would be offers all over the place making it much harder to avoid the temptation.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning today is Day 7 for me and I conquered the weekend and eating and still stayed Phase 1- I am going for the full two weeks this time just to get back on track completely.

Melanie, the nice thing about SB is you can have what you want just try to find a way to make it SB friendly. But you can do it--the one thing I haven't conquered is that I still feel as if I need something sweet- so I eat something sweet- except it is always sugar free- but it tricks my brain. But I know I have conquered cravings because when I look at "real" sweets- I am not interested --
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #30  
Debbie

S/C/G: 166/159/130

Height: 5"1

Hi everybody!!! My name is Debbie. Started today back on SBD ph 1.I went for a walk this morning,so far so good.

Wishing everyone a great day!!!
Debbie
Closed Thread