South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend Chick Chat

Happy Saturday!

I expected to wake up to a driving rain, but so far it's dry. They're calling for some heavy stuff this afternoon, though. I'm trying to talk Jake into going to The Green Dragon this morning, as I want to get a big basket of peppers and peaches before the season is over. I'm going try out my dehydrator for the first time today, too. I picked a huge basket of tomatoes yesterday, and I'm envisioning a nice supply of dried tomatoes to enjoy through the winter.

What's on everyone's plans for the weekend?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No wonder it isn't raining with all the dehydrators running! I just put another batch of tomatoes into mine.

Woke early this morning and got my quilting stuff organized for my afternoon class. I sure have loads of fabric and this Block of the Month project will use up a great variety. I'm sure I'll manage to buy more though as I'm an addict.

Kind of a drizzly day here today with a high of only 66ºF - proper fall weather.
I hope Hannah is a non-event for most of us. She's ambling up the east coast this morning.

SO....puttering around the kitchen and dog petting this morning and then to town this afternoon. I may pick up some peaches if they are still available to dry for winter oatmeal. Our great Ontario apples are coming in too!

Have a good weekend and stay safe and dry.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #3  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Bonjour!

I'm thinking I need a dehydrator now! I hope the storm doesn't impact you and other East Coasters, Cottage.

Today I have little chores to do around the house and I'll finish doing a manuscript evaluation. Then I'll try to get into my writing. I started on a new medication today, and I'm praying it doesn't affect my weight.

I'm hoping to stick with my exercise plan and do better this month.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Good morning. I just got the coffee running. I think Jade and I will go to town to the farmers market this morning, and a walk on the lake, then I need to do a project or three around the house.

DS came home yesterday to mow neighbors lawn and mine, he said he was doing neighbors lawn first, which I knew. My lawn still isn't mowed. Says will be back tomorrow, we'll see!

I need to find a Bible Study group! I can't express how lonely I am these days!!!!! I miss Kathy! And with my son moved out, no job... sometimes I even get a little depressed, and I am NOT the depressed type! .
Old 09-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

wow, dehydrators everywhere I'm putting veggies in today - cucumber chips & green peppers - and fruit tomorrow - peaches & apples. Yum. I'm glad it's cooled down though so I don't care about that extra heat.

Cottage - We've got the rain here. Can't complain because it's been really dry for a few weeks. What a weird year!

Ruth - I'm almost tempted to start sewing again. The Block of the Month sounds like fun. I used to sew a lot when my daughter was young but haven't touched it for years.

Belle & LoriAnn

Cat - So happy to see you back and well! I missed seeing your name pop up!

Today is all about dehydrators and groceries and cleaning around here. Tomorrow is Julie's birthday but I think we will celebrate Monday by going to the coast for the day.

I'm too tired to think this morning. Last night my email program had some kind of meltdown and lost all my personal settings so I was up late getting it back. Yuck

Time for breakfast. Have a good day Chicks
Old 09-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

and i just gave my dehydrator away. ugh. and my bread machine. double ugh.

i never used them.

woke up to damn but not the driving rain i expected. last night we tied down the trash cans and outdoor furniture we could not bring in. we turned the tables face down....

now they are saying it won't be here till NOON... i would prefer it now because we have to be somewhere at 6 oh yuck... and we have to dress for it too!

have a safe weekend gals.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You have to dress for it? You mean it's not one of those naked orgy things? I know what you mean, Nessa, and hope the storm isn't too bad.

Cyndi, cucumber chips? Hmmm. I wonder if I'd pig out on them the way I did with the zuke chips...and the strawberries and the peaches. I need a keeper.

Belle, I hope the new meds don't affect your weight much. Some do and some don't. Let's hope yours are the latter.

Jade, enjoy the walk with Loriann! My Daisy is dying for a walk and I've been neglecting her a bit. She'd love to go along with you and your DogMum.

Just realized grapes are on special in town this weekend and must put them on my list. Living a half hour away from alleged civilization means lists are essential - so is remembering to take them with you!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Sounds like I am going to have to go look at dehydrators hehe:

Cottage - We had the rain for a few days but I think it is gone.

Ruth - You are always so busy, enjoy your sewing.

Belle- Hopefully the new meds will not affect your weight, have a good day

LoriAnn- Have you checked the local churches to see if they have a Ladies Bible Study, keep your chin up.

Cat - Glad to hear you are back hope not to much damage, I will have to go back and read yesterdays.

Ness- Maybe it the rain will blow over by the time you have to leave

Cyndi- You are the hydrating queen as well as the exercise queen, you are a motivation to the rest of us. Have a good day.

As for me- DS football team won again last night- though it is crazy weather because last sunday I was sweating because of excessive heat and last night I have a sweater on and am still a little bit chilled at the game, weather go figure. Today off the Disney's on Ice show, well have to do cleaning before and get two older kids ready for a parade in Town but then the evening is clear.

Have a good day everyone
Old 09-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone!! Hope everyone in Hanna's path will be safe and damage free...and have electricity!!!!!!!

We are spending the morning cleaning up the back yard of the last of the debris. The pile in front of the house is huge, but they are supposed to start picking it up soon. I also have to go to the store and start filling up my fridge again. All I have in there now is mayo and 1/2 gallon of milk and some water. Don't want to get too much in case IKE decides to head this way after hitting Florida. Worried about our Florida Friends!!

I slept like a baby on clean sheets in cool air. What a treat it was to not sleep on dirty sheets in a sweat puddle!! My Mother had overnighted 2 battery powered fans to us, but they did not come in. She paid a fortune to overnight them (my birthday present) and I'm hoping she can get that money back since it didn't come like they promised. But at least I'll have them for (gulp) next time.

I just ordered a weed flame thrower. Anyone have one? With all of the rain we've had over the past month, my driveway is almost completely green with weeds and I don't want to spray with poison. I also thought since the flame thrower would be "fun", my sons could fight over playing with it ala Huck Finn.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-06-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

Pearlrose, not going anywhere i'm in the midst of tropical storm Hanna! i'm inland a bit so our winds will only be about 40 mph and we are expecting 2-5 inches of rain.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Nessa, keep safe!

Pearl, I haven't been successful in finding a church to attend let alone a woman's ministry!

I just spent two hours searching (AGAIN) for a church and stumbled upon one that looks promising, but it's over an hour drive away! I talked with the pastor a year or two ago and really liked what he had to say. I believe I might head out there to check it out. even if I only attend once a month or so. I'd prefer to find something closer, but I haven't had any success in that at all! And once I start work I know I'm not going to be up to traveling for church as well, especially come winter!!!!!!!!

I hope I'm not coming across in this or my previous post as a real downer, I hate sounding down! I'm just thinking of ways to get out and be with folks! Walking a dog on the lake is ok, but never can engage in anything more than a "what kind of dog is it" surface talk. I'm looking for something more indepth!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls. Not much time this morning, I have to go grocery shopping soon.

Cat - good luck finding many groceries....Lafayette just restocked everything yesterday! Have fun cleaning up your yard, if we were closer - DH and I would come to help.

Not too much on the agenda today, I want to go to Macy's for their one day sale. I heard their bras were buy 2 get 2 free and I've grown out of all but one of my bras.

Also have to go grocery shopping at some point this morning - our stores are finally getting in meat and egg shipments.

Tonight, there are some fights on PPV. MIL is taking DS so we can watch it with friends at a local sports bar.

Watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and Smart People last night - Alvin was cute, DS liked it. Smart People was pretty decent, done by the same people as Sideways and had a lot of the same themes. I'm not really an Ellen Page fan, though.

Have a great day everyone and be safe, those of you in Hanna's path!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

lori... do you have a dog park? I made great friends standing around talking while the dogs played.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!!! Happy weekend!
Cottage - Glad to hear that the rain is not too crazy. But I hope you still make time to cook today.

Ruth - That square is too cute. I'm sure yours will turn out darling! Have fun with that!

Belle - Morning!

Loriann - Getting out for church will be really good for you. I hope the one you visit tomorrow is worth the drive.

Cyndi - Sorry about the email thing....that sucks! Hope it's up and running just the way you want it to today. Have fun dehydrating!!!

Nessa - Thanks for yesterday's reminder to head to Lane Bryant. I'm going to head over today to see if there's anything worth a purchase.

Pearlrose - Have fun at Disney on Ice with your kids!!!

Cat - SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!! Glad to hear that you weathered the storm and came out ok!!! Happy for you that you got your air on and slept well last night. I hope you get everything taken care of. Have a safe weekend!

Zeff - New bras always make me feel more womanly. When they fit right, the effect can be amazing! I hope you're successful in you hunt today!

ME - Lots on the list of things to do today! Rich and I had a wonderful dinner last night. I didn't do too bad, but I did indulge a little. I'll probably indulge a little more tonight as we're going out with friends for dinner. We're hoping to see Wall-e today at the cheapy theater. And I'm mad because I had spent time this week at work and completed a menu for the week and a grocery list......and they're at work!!!! BOOOOOO! Just another thing to add to the list of things to do! I'm hoping to get everything done without pulling my hair out.
Have a good one ladies!
ENJOY!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #15  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hanna didn't do any damage, at least not in my area. It was rainy and today it was REALLY windy but we've been through worse thunderstorms.
Closed Thread