South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #31  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

hmac - I like the cheerio and tp idea, but standing to pee is a bit advanced for him right now....he's still working on "telling mama when I have to pee" bit.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #32  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Zeff, I definately thing your boy is ready for potty training, although I speak from no experience whatsoever....

Lori, I want a fireman's hat for going to the potty now! Although trying to explain to my husband why I'm wearing a hat to go to the restroom....

Why do all the fun things in life make us look funny?
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I do wear a fireman's hat when I go potty. Is that wrong?

Zeff, my boy was about 2 and a half to 3, I think, when I started pushing it, but he was not a normal case. Let's just say, he had issues. It does sound like you can start working on it, but I wouldn't push if he gets resistant. Once they decide it's not something they want to do, you've got all kinds of problems.

hmac, you deserve an award for all those personals! Usually when it gets that long, I just leave it. It's good to have you back, did you notice we let the dinner thread lapse?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #34  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I was looking for that dinner thread last night (of course I was too lazy to start one ).

Yes, I've been reading and posting the entire time I've been on the meeting conference call. 3 hours is too long and DULL! Good thing you are all here to keep me entertained!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #35  
Determined to lose!

LOL... it hurts too laugh! Schmoodle and UserArchie, you two are too funny! I can just picture you both now, full grown women, on the pot in a firemans hat...hhhmmm, not a pleasant pic!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #36  

I remember the baby store sold little flushable targets when Brian was that age. I think we used them once but cheerios would be cheaper. I credit day care with potty training him.

Robert got off the ventilator yesterday. I've heard he is still groggy. They're doing a systogram today. I hope he doesn't have kidney damage but I'm sure they want to be sure. I'll take Brian up there today if he stays stable.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #37  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Zeff- he sounds ready to me. With DS we did not even approach peeing standing up until after he was well potty trained. He just knew he had to go at first but he wasn't sure where it was coming from! DD is driving me nuts with the potty training (18 mos) but she is the one that started this. I am all for waiting a bit!

I would really be clueless about the weather if I didn't come here. I don't pay much attention on my own. Since all the discussion about Gustav I have been watching TWC and now there are 2 to worry about.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #38  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

I went looking for the dinner thread last night and realized that it wasn't there. I'll definately be sure to get that started next week, but maybe not until Tuesday, as most will be taking Monday off.

Zeff - You're right.....not quite sure when the whole standing and peeing thing is supposed to start. I hope things are going better so far today!
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #39  
beachin'

Believe me.....nothing in the world would be cuter than my DH and DS standing and peeing together....but I just would like them both to pee in their respective potties.

We did have a successful pee in the potty this morning (from both DH AND DS!!!). DS picked his potty up, emptied it in the big toilet, flushed and then threw the potty in the sink for me to clean (gee, thanks)...he then went right to the m&m container and helped himself to one. Oh, he knows what he is supposed to do....he just won't do it!!

I waited as long as I could to put him down for a nap, still no BM at that point....woke up 2 hours later with a BM and a pee in his pullup.

aww, geez. I should really give the kid a little bell - he knows he needs to sit on the potty so all I hear all day is "MOOOOOMMMMMAAAAA, MEEEEEEERRRREEE!" and then he proceeds to ask for whatever it is that he needs. Just now it was applesauce and water.

I can't wait for the weekend..DH will be home and can deal with this.

edit: 2 successful pees!

Last edited by zeffryn; 08-28-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
Avoid the spaghetti and go for the company alone...or stay home and catch up on sleep, Jelly!
haha, that's exactly what i did.. fell asleep never got to go.. oh well
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #41  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi everyone, I'm not in the mood to read everything and write personals today, so I skimmed, but I will say this: hope everyone that may be in the path of Gustav is okay!

I had an antipasto salad for lunch and I'm full. It had two slices of salami on it which I think are no-nos, but I ate it anyway. Plus the black olives on it AND the ranch dressing I had, but I'm not making too huge of a deal about it. Eating the black olive fat combined with the ranch dressing fat is no where near as bad as getting the NY cheesecake, which I didn't, or eating the personal size loaf of fresh bread that came with the salad (I didn't). And let me tell you, that bread smelled divine.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #42  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Zeff - my son was stubborn with potty training! I tried so many times before I finally did it. He was 30 months. I used to give him a water bottle filled with water, sit him on his potty chair in front of a favorite cartoon (naked of course), and make him just drink and drink to feel the sensation of going. Then after a day of that, moved the potty in the bathroom, kept up with the water bottle and used rewards for sitting there, going #1, going #2, etc. After we mastered one task, I would make it harder to get the reward. I had chart hanging on the door and he would get a sticker as a reward. BM's were bigger rewards. He LOVED matchbox cars, so in the beginning, I would have a few on hand and he could earn those. I eventually made it harder to earn them, but in the beginning he needed all the praise he could get!! Someone told me that the rewards worked well. They said, we don't work for free, our "reward" is our paycheck! Kids are the same way. Worked for my son anyway!! GOOD LUCK!!

Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #43  
beachin'

Some podcasts concerning Splenda and other art. sweeteners. Take it for what its worth.

http://thecravingscoach.com/blog/are...ou-3-podcasts/
Old 08-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #44  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenskihere View Post
Zeff - my son was stubborn with potty training! I tried so many times before I finally did it. He was 30 months. I used to give him a water bottle filled with water, sit him on his potty chair in front of a favorite cartoon (naked of course), and make him just drink and drink to feel the sensation of going. Then after a day of that, moved the potty in the bathroom, kept up with the water bottle and used rewards for sitting there, going #1, going #2, etc. After we mastered one task, I would make it harder to get the reward. I had chart hanging on the door and he would get a sticker as a reward. BM's were bigger rewards. He LOVED matchbox cars, so in the beginning, I would have a few on hand and he could earn those. I eventually made it harder to earn them, but in the beginning he needed all the praise he could get!! Someone told me that the rewards worked well. They said, we don't work for free, our "reward" is our paycheck! Kids are the same way. Worked for my son anyway!! GOOD LUCK!!

Jenny
We're in the process of sitting on the potty in front of cartoons with a cup 'o' water. Seems to be getting the job done, although he thinks that if he comes and tells me that he pooped....he can get an m&m.....wrong, mister. I have appreciate his trying though.

Question, I was thinking of doing one more day of this before moving the potty back to the bathroom. What did you do to get him to stay on the potty in the bathroom? How long did he sit? How often did you take him?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #45  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I'm not looking forward to my little one getting old enough to be potty trained. As it is, I dread for when he starts crawling! He blatantly has his daddy's energy, I have never seen an infant move around so much as he does without actually going anywhere yet. A lot of people find it impossible to hold him because he slams his body back and forth almost spastically and is all over the place while sitting in one spot... he's so adorable.

But I imagine he'll be quite the handful when he starts crawling. The kittens are bad enough, god knows. They're like a roomful of kids with ADHD who didn't take their meds. (no, not insulting kids with ADHD, my cousin had/has it, so I've seen the worst of the worst of how it can get.)

Anyway, good luck with the potty training Jenskihere & Zeffryn! Got the cameras ready?
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote