South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's FRIDAY!

Has anyone noticed that the sun is wanting to sleep in lately? It's still dark as night outside.

We have another beaut of day shaping up for us here, and the girls are spending the afternoon at a birthday party. They enjoyed meeting their teachers and new classmates yesterday at the Meet & Greet, and they both made some new friends already. Maggie got to go on a little ride on a school bus, and that just made her day.

Tomorrrow we're doing the grouting on the kitchen backsplash and pricing new countertops. It's slowly, but surely, coming together!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #2  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cottage,

My puppy woke me up early this morning, and then proceeded to fall asleep in my lap, LOL. I already have my coffee cup in hand so there's no going back to bed for me. I have a busy day planned anyway, might as well get started.

Glad the girls had a good meet and greet.

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, sounds like a great day. New countertops!! What I would give for that!!!

Belle, I'm there with you with the "puppy alarm clock" Our 6 little guys "talk" all night long, but geez they are adorable. wish we could keep them all.

It's been a long week with today being the deadline for tons of paper work. I finally got it all together by 8 last night. Come on weekend!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

I'm off to yoga in a few minutes. I actually plan my vacations around the class. It's the best thing for stretching those muscles back after all the riding/walking.

Cottage - I noticed the dark this morning. Makes 5:30 seem a lot earlier! I can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen

Belle- Have a good day!

Cat - ugh, paperwork! Who new there would be so much of it?!

Gotta run. We are having party tomorrow so not sure how much I'll be on today but I hope to pop back on later. Anyone who wants to drive to Vermont is more than welcome! Have a good day all
Old 08-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, no cottage I hadn't noticed because I'm rarely up at 6AM. But I was this morning, DD had to be at work at 6:45, so I got up with her. You will snap us a picture of the kitchen when it's done, right?
Good morning Belle and pup.
Enjoy your well-earned weekend Cat!

Yesterday DS and I went to the open house at his new school and found our way around to his classrooms, practiced opening the lock on his locker. It hit me then, I can't believe my little round-headed baby boy is a middle schooler! Next year my baby will be too, and no more kids in elementary school. Funny, I've had kids in elementary school for about 16 years now.

Busy weekend ahead, tonight is the end of summer potluck dinner at the pool, hopefully it will be warm enough to swim. Tomorrow we have a band jam in the park followed by movie on the green - School of Rock, also last movie of the summer, horseback riding lessons early in the day, and general getting ready for the schoolbus Monday morning!
Have a wonderful Friday everybody!

ETA: Anybody have experience with young girls horseback riding? I'm trying to find info on a personal issue, so let me know and I will PM you. Thanks.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-22-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Schmoodle, I love School of Rock! I'm not a huge silly-movie fan, but that one makes me laugh and laugh! I think Jack Black is just a hoot - such a natural comic!

Cindy, hope your yoga is wonderful! Tom and I skipped last night, as I didn't get home from Back to School Night until after 9:30. I'll do it on Sunday after church instead.

Cat, I missed the birth announcement but I'm guessing your dog had pups? How adorable!

Enjoy your coffee, Belle, and have a great day!

Linda, what color scheme are you using for your kitchen? I can't wait to redo a kitchen! Glad the girls had fun at school yesterday.

I am seriously procrastinating from getting some housework done. I never got around to it yesterday and so now it really is nearing emergent status. Laundry can only pile so high before it starts smelling up the house! And the floors really need some attention as well. Ugh. Better get to it. This weekend is going to be a busy one so I won't have any more time later on.

Kara
Old 08-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Cottage, belle, femme, cyndi and schmoodle! Yes, the summer is nearing it's end with the little ones off to school. I'm so glad I'm over those days! I just wish Joe'd call me! Been over a week now.

The 2.5 hr walk in the park truly tuckered Tucker out! First night since he's been here he's not woken up in the middle of the night to go potty, and first night since he's not gone in his crate! either feeding him in the crate told him not to pee in there, or I just let him out so much yesterday there was nothing left!

I think I'm going to go grab my coffee and book, and sit out on the front porch for a spell.

eta: Kara simulposting, hi!

ALSO: The name I chose for pup, Tucker Gurnall Walkington

and please pray this company calls me back to start work, hopefully even work on monday!?!!! I really would like to work for this company, perhaps a little too much so.

Last edited by Loriann7; 08-22-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, Audrey & Maggie have been riding horses since they could sit up. Ask away! Your end of summer potluck at the pool sounds like a lot of fun, and it should be warm enough to swim today. Have fun!

Cyndi, thanks for the invite to the party! I'm driving up to Maine next Thursday, if you look through binoculars I'll be waving!

Cat, have fun wading through the paperwork! Those pups sure are cute!

Belle Mer, a cup of coffee and a snuggle with a puppy sound like a good way to start your day!

Kara, quit procrastinating and get that housework done! (Sorry, that's the mother in me speaking). What are your plans for the weekend? Have you looked into Volksmarching yet?

Loriann, it sounds like you're having success with house-breaking Tucker. I love that name, it's the one I voted for BTW. Your plans for the morning sound like something I'd love to do today, too.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:17 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beachies! My ISP was down from around noon until this morning which is just as well because yesterday was pretty hectic.

Today looks the same but I do NOT expect visitors. I'm about to tackle the baking for tomorrow's sale AFTER I clean up my kitchen after having the Pypers here for dinner.

Back later!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Loriann, that's quite a name for a little pup!!! What's the story?

My dog when I was little was Sir McBritt of 1012. He was a Brittney Spaniel, and my parents had stopped at McDonald's on their way home from getting him. Their street address at the time was 1012. Since then, though, we've had single-named dogs - Chapin (for Harry Chapin), Tanner (for a Harry Chapin song), Burton (after the snowboards), and Reese (our chocolate "chocolate-y" lab).

Thanks for the kick in the rear, Linda! I need it! We haven't been on a Volksmarche as yet. Tomorrow we're hitting the base-wide yard sale at the community center and then we have an afternoon barbeque at the AWANA leaders' house (who happen to be Beachy as well, so it should be a pretty food-friendly atmosphere!). Sunday we have church and then AWANA registration, and I'd really like to get my hands in the two small gardens in the back yard. They are full of weeds and the roses are done blooming so it's time to prune.

Ruth, hope you have a productive baking day!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 08-22-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

The AKC insists each dog have a unique name, and if I send in Tucker he'll become a number, Tucker (roman numeral) 1088 or something like that. So most folks give dogs three, four and sometimes even five names... that said...

Tucker is just a name I've always liked..

Gurnall comes from William Gurnall, one of my all time favorite Authors

Walkington comes from Arthur W. Pink, another of my all time favorite authors.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AAARRRGGGHHH, he had a frisbee he was chewing on, so when I heard him chewing as I was just typing I thought nothing of it... I just turned and found him DESTROYING MY BEST PAIR OF SHOES FOR INTERVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to kill! He's now in the crate!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks a quickie for me, need to get things done today. I keep talking about it and not getting it done. We have a busy week end, shopping for school, cell phones and we are buy dd a car today so we have to go to the DMV tomorrow to change that stuff all over. Today we are the best parents in the world. Eating is going great, made it through day three, now I just need to make it through the week end. Well gotta to dash my to do list is not getting any shorter. Have a great day. Hopefully I can pop back in during lunch.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #13  

Height: 5'11

Good morning! No time for personals as I am getting ready for some visitors here for lunch. But I too was woken up by my dog... he wakes me up by sitting on my neck every morning as dawn begins to break. Cute but some mornings I would love to sleep in a little more!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

What kind of dog do you have, Autumn? That sounds like a health hazard, but we're big dog people so I might have the wrong scale picture in my head!!!

LC, enjoy your special day of being the best mom in the world!!!

Thanks for the explanation, Loriann. Sounds like a fun name. Do you plan to use the entire name when he's in trouble, like we do for kids?

OK, this time I am seriously going to do my chores. Honest!

Kara
Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #15  

Height: 5'11

Oh it isn't a health hazard he is a minature dachsund! He is teeny tiny!
Closed Thread