South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Phase 1 Chick Check - August 11 Onwards

Sorry Moderators, I didn't notice any new thread for Phase Oners this week and if I'm out of bounds posting another one, I apologize in advance.

So, I'm on Phase 1, day 1, (for the 3rd time) and I did pretty well if I do say so myself. However, I would like to post my menus for anybody to critique and give me some constructive criticism.

Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled in 1 teaspoon Smart balance margarine
2 slices turkey bacon
6 oz v8 juice

Snack:
few sticks of celery and 2 tablespoons garlic hummus

Lunch:
Salad with chopped deli turkey
2 tablespoons peppercorn ranch

Snack:
2 stalks of celery with 1 tablespoon of Smucker's natural PB (ingredients: peanuts and salt)

Dinner:
serving of Taco Bake (I added a can of tomatoes with chiles to it instead of the can of chiles in the recipe, and some powdered cayenne pepper)
2 tablespoons of reduced fat sour cream
3 tablespoons chipotle salsa

So now I'm full and really don't wish to eat anything else... oh crap. I just realized I have had no dairy today... the sour cream doesn't count, right? And the cheese on the taco bake is in a different group.

What should I do? I'm full right now. How are the rest of you Phase Oners doing?

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'11

Hanging in there! Day three of week two for me, following the book meal plan exactly but now that I have the hang of it I think I might start making some substitutions around my own personal tastes. So far feeling really good and very happy with my weight loss thusfar.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting up the thread, Melanie. I didn't get around to it on Sunday and then forgot. (Lots going on in Real Life these days!)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Mel, I usually drink a glass of milk with dinner, and since I've been home drinking it with lunch to get my dairy in! It also helps me to eat less at those meals!

For awhile I was buying cottage cheese and eating that plus the milk but a) it's cheaper just buying milk and b) when I add the sugar free jello to the cc I find Myself eating way too much dairy! oops!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Mel:
I'm going to post my menus too:
I'm the complete opposite of you tho I get to much dairy!
But with the WLS I let myself slide on that one
B
Hearts of romaine with grape tomatoes and 2 tbsp of tzaziki
1/2 cup FF cottage cheese
Coffee with 1/2 cup Light vanilla soy milk
*Potential snacks*
Celery sticks with 2 tbsp Natural organic Unsalted PB it comes in a plastic tub and has spoiled me for all other PBS
Laughing cow light bites
or string cheese
Lunch Salad with Tomatoes and 4 slices LF Turkey and 1/4 cup lf cheddar
Dinner
if I eat at home
Big "chefish" salad
If i eat out (girls night)
Grilled Salmon Salad or Roasted Veg Salad

Did someone say Fiber?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #6  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Hanging in there! Day three of week two for me, following the book meal plan exactly but now that I have the hang of it I think I might start making some substitutions around my own personal tastes. So far feeling really good and very happy with my weight loss thusfar.

AutumnRose, that's awesome to hear. Making substitutions based on your own tastes is the fun part imo.

Quote:
Thanks for starting up the thread, Melanie. I didn't get around to it on Sunday and then forgot. (Lots going on in Real Life these days!)
Amen to that. I hope things get less hectic for ya.

Quote:
Mel, I usually drink a glass of milk with dinner, and since I've been home drinking it with lunch to get my dairy in! It also helps me to eat less at those meals!

For awhile I was buying cottage cheese and eating that plus the milk but a) it's cheaper just buying milk and b) when I add the sugar free jello to the cc I find Myself eating way too much dairy! oops!
Loriann, it's a good thing that I love skim milk. Last night before I went to bed, I drank about 1 3/4 cups of skim milk because after posting my menus I realized I had skipped the dairy for the day. I like cottage cheese; but mainly just with pineapple, and I can't have pineapple... wah.

Hi KO, how is that tzaziki? I saw some in the hummus section the other day, made by the makers of the hummus brand I like (Cedars). It looked really good, it was cucumber and garlic I think. I got the hummus though because I wasn't sure about it. I think I'm going to go get some tzaziki today because I really want to try it. Your menus sound really good as far as I can see. Yum!

Me: I'm eating breakfast right now, 2 strips of turkey bacon and 2 scrambled eggs cooked in cooking spray, and am about to go get my 6 0z of v8 juice. So nothing new there. I'm gonna make some coffee and use nonfat dry milk as my 'creamer' and some liquid skim milk to get some dairy servings in.

Nonfat dry milk is okay, right?

Actually wait, I'm gonna make some chocolate custard and have that for dessert, but I can still do that and have my milk in my coffee.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-13-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5'11

I have a question for you phase one ladies. I know you can have sugar free Jello, which I've been eating a fair amount. Would sugar free pudding work as well? I just happen to have a box in the cupboard and thought it would be a nice switch, on the label looks ok to me but haven't heard much about it....
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Sf Pudding is Ph 2
Sorry!
Mel its super yummy! great on meat or veggies
Also Raita The indian yogurt cucumber dip is super good
I don't really eat salad dressing so this is a good middle ground
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254.6/243.4/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Encouraged by your post.

Melanie,
Well,looks like tomorrow will be my day 1 of phase 1 again.
I started this monday but faultered and so tomorrow I begin
again.
Never give up, Never surrender!
Carol
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #10  
Healthy mommy

Hi AutumnRose, I was very sad when I find out I could not have sf pudding on phase 1. However, there is a great chocolate custard recipe that I've been making to kill the cravings. It's pudding like, but a bit difficult to cook to perfection, but tonight I did very well. I'll post tomorrow if you're interested.

KO that dip sounds really good.. oh man, I wanna try it.

Blueskydreams, hi, don't worry, I am on my third go around on phase 1! You're definitely not alone.

My menu for today, Wednesday: (Any critiques are gladly welcomed)

Breakfast:

2 scrambled eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon
6 oz v8

Snack:

Celery & 2 tablespoons garlic hummus

Lunch:

Salad w/ sliced deli turkey, chopped tomato, 2 tablespoons peppercorn ranch, and a serving of peanuts on top

Snack:

Piece of cheese

Dinner:

Pork stirfry with porkchop strips, broccoli, and onion (Stirfry sauce was homemade with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar, and sesame oil)

Dessert: bowl of chocolate custard (eggs, skim milk, hershey's pure cocoa, and splenda)

But I'm hungry right now, what to do, what to do!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Last night I did well I had salad with Roast Beef Luncheon meat and Swiss MIL gave me a big bag of the deli cold cuts I won't spring for $ wise
and And And! I made a version of the PB cookie! sooo good! I brought it for a snack today!
thus far this is todays Menu
Breakfast
Salad with2 slices swiss 3 LF turkey and salad with Salt pepper and some rf parm cheese
Coffee with Lite van soy milk
Lunch
Salad with Swiss and roast beef
Dinner
Turkey burgers topped with warm spinach salad (a smattering of toasted walnuts, feta, and garlic)

Potential Snackage
Cottage cheese
Celery with either LCL or the above CC
2 choc PB cookies
string cheese

I know I'm going over my nut limit a bit, I may eat 1 pb cookie not 2 it depends or I'll save it for dessert
I've been eatign so much cheese lately I'm afraid I'm going to turn into cheese
and I keep forgetting to HB some eggs!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #12  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

for faux chocolate pudding that is phase 1 friendly -

I mix plain, nonfat yogurt with splenda and cocoa powder. You can top it with sf ff whipped cream if you like. DS and I had this last night with blueberries on top (I'm on phase 2) - delicious!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #13  
Shooting for the moon

KO - I made the cookies but they are a little dry and crumble easily. How did you change the recipe? I added a little cocoa powder but they are not very chocolaty. Do you think an extra egg would help?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

They are definitely crumbly
1 cup PB
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla (the org recipe calls for 1/2)
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Bake at 350 for 8-12 min depending on size
mine took 12 and made 15 cookies

They are definitely dense I want to get some SF flavored syrup to try in it to see if it makes it stick together more
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #15  
Shooting for the moon

thanks

I have SF syrup. It didn't occur to me to use that. (I have hazelnut) Now I am out of PB since I only had a small jar in the first place. It does seem that even though they are dry I have more of them than I should so maybe I shouldn't explore this too much! I may have to wait a week or so before making them again.
Closed Thread