South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #31  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Personals in order that they appeared:

Cottagebythesea, the tortilla may have been bad, but think of the delicious nutrition in the tomatoes and avocados... yum! Don't worry, you'll get back on track.

TomandKara, are you an american (or canadian, or other) ex-patriate? I keep reading bits and pieces of a move to Germany rather than you being a native German. That must be awesome. Do you speak the language?

Hi Belle Mer.

Ruthxx, I second the other chicks.... what does this guy look like?

Little Chick, have fun.

TwynnB, I live in NC and we have a local mexican restaurant, they're pretty good but I'm not sure how 'authentico'. (I may have just made that word up, not sure.) But we have immigrant mexican neighbors and my BF befriended them and they gave us some genuine, home-made mexican food wrapped in like corn husks or something like that, with beef and some sort of corn paste. It was pretty good. Definitely authentic, they said whenever we want some recipes to just ask. I wonder if they have any sbd friendly recipes?

Femmecreole, hi.

Hi Hilotstoolooze.

Iianae, great job on winning the battle of exercise.

Loriann, I feel your pain. I've got my orphaned kittens, and then two slightly older kittens who are the leftovers from my female living cat's litter. And all of the cats wreck havoc all through the night! I wake everymorning to trash dragged out of the wastebaskets, stuff knocked off the coffee table, oh, and they're little beggars, I don't know how and why this came about, but I can't sit down and eat ANYTHING without all of them scrambling to get by me. It's been driving me INSANE. Thankfully I'm only keeping one of the orphaned ones and then a fat fluffy gray one from the other litter. Good luck with the puppy!

AutumnRose, have a great day!

Schmoodle, that recipe sounds delicious.

Beachgal, sounds like you had a great time! I wish our state fair wasn't so far away. It'd be so fun!

Weezle, hope everything turns out okay (I am not sure what happened yet but it doesn't sound so good!)

Pacergal, I know the feeling. My BF is incredibly smart, but at times he can be INCREDIBLY stupid and I just don't understand why... and it makes me wanna punch him! heh.

Lady Nessa, you will do an amazing job. You know the sbd like the back of your hand.

JessieW, hi.

Zeffryn, I'm envious. Have fun!

Hcmacneil, have a great time in NC! From what BF was telling me last night, now the weathermen are saying that Fay might miss us now, but I'm not sure if he meant NC in its entirety, or just our area. I'll find out.

Me, last night we went to the store and I found a good deal on salmon, 3.99 for a bag of fresh frozen fillets. So tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna attempt to make salmon. I'm not a big fish person and have never cooked it before. There is a recipe on the back of the bag for "salmon with butter lime sauce" so I thought I would make that, only using smart balance and perhaps lemon instead, but then BF said limes are on sale at piggly wiggly, 7 for $1, so, I'm gonna do that.

We watched one of the Grindhouse movies, the one made by Robert Rodriguez called Planet Terror with Bruce Willis, Rose McGowan (she plays a stripper whose leg gets amputated and her bf sticks a machine gun in it!) It was absolutely wacky and a twisted take on old zombie movies, where the script reflected and was aware of how the whole theme was corny, so there were little jokes in most of the dialogue. It kinda poked fun at itself if that makes sense. Anyway, that movie was sick!! That was the goriest, most disgusting movie I have ever seen.

Luckily I am not one who is faint of heart, and I thought it was AWESOME! Bad-@ss! It's definitely NOT for everyone and NOT for kids. And one of the main characters in the movie, called El Wray, played by Freddy Rodriguez ... oh my god. He's on Ugly Betty, and he's cute on Ugly Betty I guess, but in a goody goody sort of way so I never really noticed. Well in Planet Terror, he was BAD-@SS and SEXY AS ****. I of course kept that a secret from my BF but sigh, I have a celebrity crush now. With like, the goatee and like, just ... everything. *sigh* I hope my next issue of Latina magazine will do a story on him, and have a centerfold depicting him the way he was in Planet Terror, SANS the blood, of course.

Tonight we watch the other Grindhouse movie, "Bulletproof" I believe it's called, with Rosario Dawson.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #32  

Boy my morning started out with the old adrenaline pumping. About 1:30 I got up and trip down the hall for my typical, I drank to much water yesterday stroll and came back and crawled into bed. About 3:10 our phone rings … heart pounding DH answers it but not before it rolls over to voice mail. (But now I’m questioning that). The reason it took so long to wake us up was we didn’t recognize the ring tone. We have a dance tune on the house phone and DH’s cell phone is on vibrate and what was ringing was more of a beep. I couldn’t figure out how the ring tone got changed.

Now neither one of us can sleep so at 3:30 I sit up in bed and decide to walk down the hall again and see if that won’t help me relax. I opened the bedroom door and the family room light was on, as was the kitchen, living room and hall way along with the doggie gate wide open (the pugs aren’t allowed in the living room). I turned to DH and confirmed that he had turned out the lights last night (last one to bed) but I knew he had but started doubting myself thinking maybe I dreamt I got up in the middle of the night. Now my heart IS in my throat, I grabbed my robe and started down the hall. All I could think was my daughter had come to the house and something was gravely wrong. I stepped to the end of the hall and my Step Son, an over the road trucker is standing there as the dogs are all sounding off calling “it’s just me”. He said he tried tapping on our window but he didn’t realize we had moved into a smaller bedroom so I could convert the larger room into a workout room. (I needed the higher ceilings to accommodate my squat rack). So he just used his key to let himself in. I think (I will confirm when I get home) that the phone ringing was probably his cell phone and not ours at all. I went back and looked at our phone after I had some caffeine and there was no incoming phone call at 3:10 am. That would explain why I didn’t recognize the ring tone. I was tickled to death to have him stop in. I’m not surprised that he still had a key to the house but he hasn’t lived with us for quiet some time and this is the first time he’s made it to Tucson since he started driving again.

Does getting your heart rate up like that count for anything?

Kids, I was just complaining yesterday that life was getting way to boring around our house. The silver lining is we get to have company for the weekend; he doesn’t have to head back out until Sunday. It’s always fun to have a little company.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #33  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

WOW, Evangeline, what a story! Glad you get to spend some time with your step-son! Have a great weekend!

Melanie, my husband is in the Air Force and we're stationed in Germany now. We spent last year in Korea with him, with a couple months here and there in the States. It's a long story, probably chronicled through the dailies over the past year if you ever get bored. We are learning the language - started while we were in Korea but learned more in our first week here than we had the entire year we were studying before we arrived!

Kara
Old 08-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #34  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks! I'm hooome

I've been doing a little reading but not much posting. Most of the time I didn't get on the laptop until after dark and I don't touch type so no posting for me.

Nessa - I love SBD and the healthy eating I've practiced faithfully all these months. I really feel like the concepts that I knew have become part of my daily habits now and I can stick to them. For me quantity and knowing when to stop have always been a problem, so I did and do count calories. While I'm at it I also watch fat (under 30%) and fiber (I like that high but I don't have any digestive issues to contend with). I don't find it gets in the way of my eating at all. It does make me aware of the consequences of that extra burger or serving of hummus though. I had to measure faithfully in the beginning because being an American pretty much means I don't know what a serving looks like. My brain super sizes everything Well, except veggies cooked without fat, those I eat with abandon. I've gotten so used to it now that I hardly notice doing it, it's just part of my daily routine. Anyway, from the FWIW department Hope the change gets things moving for you again. Me, I'm back to Beck tomorrow. It wasn't too clever to think I could start it four days before vacation!

Weezle - thinking of you and the family.

Kara - Have I mentioned how great it is to see you around here again?!

Heather - Have a great vacation!

Beachgal - You must be pretty close to my old stomping grounds. We were about an hour away from the fair growing up. Come to think of it I've lived in a few parts of central/upstate (which word you use seems to depend on where you're from!). I enjoyed the Fair when I lived in Syracuse. I never go to those things anymore, can't imagine they would compare though.

Schmoodle _ I can't wait to try that recipe. It looks yummy

Jennifer - from another cycling addict! I just got my new bike in May and am totally hooked.

everyone. Got lots of unpacking to do so can't do lots of personals tonight.

I do want to share my huge NSV with you though, especially since the topic of cycling has come up. I biked 43 miles in the 4 days we were in Maine! I am so excited! That's been one of my fitness goals - to increase my capacity for cycling. Today was just a little ride though, all the cycling stressed muscles and joints let me know that 10 miles today was out of the question. I'm still pretty darned happy with my success!

Okay, back to the less fun part of camping trips - the unpacking and clean up!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #35  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
Kara, the picture would OBVIOUSLY not be for me....cough cough...but for the single ladies on the board...
Hey, I'm not DEAD...
Closed Thread