3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Coming up with my own SBD version of Dairy Queen's "Mocha Moolatte"? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/149648-coming-up-my-own-sbd-version-dairy-queens-mocha-moolatte.html)

Fat Melanie 08-20-2008 03:42 PM

Coming up with my own SBD version of Dairy Queen's "Mocha Moolatte"?

Yes, after a day of eating well and healthy, and even resisting junk food at McDonalds and getting a grilled chicken salad instead, I caved to the tempation of a Mocha Moolatte from Dairy Queen. I am not restarting however, I'm just gonna keep trudging along.

So I thought, there's gotta be a way to create my own version. FF milk? Splenda? Fresh brewed coffee, or instant coffee powder? Bottle of SF chocolate syrup? But how to go about getting the thick ice-cream/milk shake like texture? I know where to find SF whipped cream.

Also, where would I find SF chocolate syrup, do they sell it at Walmart?

Anybody have any ideas on how to recreate this?

JerseyGirrl 08-20-2008 04:17 PM

instead of chocolate syrup maybe use some SF/FF instant chocolate pudding mix to thicken it up a bit? You could even through some cottage cheese or cream cheese in there with some ice, milk, coffee, sugar substitute put it all in a blender and there ya go.

rdw1 08-20-2008 04:34 PM

I don't know of anything that would be p1 friendly, however there was a recipe I tried before I will have to look around and find... it made like a frost or blizzard, and i would imagine you could add coffee flavor of some sort and maybe make it similar? I am just guessing bc I have never had a moo-late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
not the recipe I was thinking of but what about blending a couple nsa fudge bars and some coffee flavor with some sf whipped cream?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is similar to what I was talking about...

cup skim milk
2 tablespoons fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons fat-free cool whip
8 ice cubes
Directions
1Place everything in a blender and blend 3-4 minutes. Place in a glass. I put mine in the freezer for 4-5 minutes.

I would imagine you could add some coffee flavoring and this would be delish- or you could try different flavors... I am not sure how sbd friendly this recipe is? anyone have any ideas.... I had it when I was on Weight watchers and it was great, but that was long ago!!!!!
Would love to know if I could actually have this in a couple weeks :)

Schmoodle 08-20-2008 04:45 PM

rdw, this would be legal for Ph2.
The pudding is what makes it off limits for Ph1.

beachgal 08-21-2008 10:37 AM

I find that adding cottage cheese makes a smoothie thicker.

There are some SF mocha mix powders out there--they wouldn't be P1 friendly, but aren't too bad for once in a while. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf can make their ice-blendeds with SF vanilla and chocolate powders and you can also buy them to take home--but I'm not sure what all's in them.

Here are some articles with recipes for making the Mocha MooLatte at home--try reading them to see if you can find a way to make it in a P1 manner. :D

Warning--these recipes are not SBD safe--you'll need to mess with them to make them okay, okay? :chef:

DQ it yourself
Cool 'n Creamy Coffee Freeze (with a mocha option, but read the reviews for some other ideas on that)
ISO: DQ Mocha MooLatte