South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default WELCOME Jenskihere!!!!

OK, I FOUND THIS LURKER IN THE PCOS SECTION OF 3FC... she was looking for a diet to try, is currently doing (gasp) weight watchers...

I've been talking with her about the benefits of SB...

Would you all pls help me welcome her over here to our little beach?????
Old 08-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Imagine my surprise when I saw my screen name on the main page under new posts!! :-)
Thanks for the welcome. I was just going thru the posts on the FAQ page for SB. Trying to get an action plan together!!

OK, so here is my story.
I am 31, I have 2 children, a 6 year old son who is starting 1st grade in a few days ( :-( another story for another time!) and a 3 year old daughter who is starting preschool (again another )

I have done WW more times than I can count. I lose 15 lbs or so in 6-8 months, by that time I am so tried of trying so hard and not seeing results that I give up until I gain those 15 lbs back and then need to start WW again to lose it!!

I started working out 4-5 days a week in March, loving it, except the scale isn't moving! I am losing inches... so I know something is working, but my weight either stays the same or goes up a few pounds!! So I started WW again in July, lost 5 lbs and already getting tired of the scale going up and down so darn much!

Willing to try SB. Scared of giving up fruit, especially now that peaches are in season!

Thanks for the welcome!
Jenny
Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Jens, while I highly encourage you to follow P1 as it's recommended, there have been people that didn't want to give up one thing or another and still have success... however, the fructose in the peaches might thwart anything p1 is gonna accomplish. Besides, trust me on this, you wont crave them after a few days!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #4  
Finding success on beach

I'll try it without peaches! Just not happy about it! ha
Old 08-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jen, I did phase I during strawberry season last year. Very poor planning. I just froze a bunch and had them in my oatmeal when I hit Ph2. Not the same, but just remember, it's only for two weeks!
Welcome!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Jenny! We're happy you decided to lay out your towel on our sand. I'm glad you are checking out our FAQ section, and make sure you get a copy of the book, too, to learn exactly how this plan works. Doing a clean Phase 1 is important so you can kick all your cravings for sugar and unhealthy carbs, and you'll find it really does work. It's only for two weeks, and it goes by quickly and you'll have plenty of things to eat so you shouldn't go hungry. In Phase 2, you'll gradually re-introduce "good" carbs back, along with fruit and a wider variety of vegetables. I think you'll find this plan is pretty easy to follow, good luck!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #7  
Finding success on beach

Do any of you work out in the morning? Do you eat a pre-workout snack? I work out now first thing in the morning, and I typically don't eat a prework snack, at times I'll eat a banana (which I'll cut out now). Just wondering if it was important to eat a snack before working out if that workout is first thing in the AM.
Thanks.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

It was mango season when I started phase 1... I sliced mangos laid them on cookie sheets, froze them then put them in ziplock bags...did this with peaches too... Now the mangos are gone from the markets and I'm enjoying them in my oatmeal and with yogurt. Yummy!!! It's only 2 weeks, no sweat!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I did P1 while preparing bushels of apples for drying. Talk about great planning
I am hypoglycemic so always have a snack before morning workouts. How about a few veggies and hummus during P1 or grape tomatoes and cottage cheese?

Old 08-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

First off Welcome!

I do work out in the morning, I do about 45 minutes of yoga and no I do not eat a snack first, but I am up at 5 am and that is just way to early for my body to think of food.

I think you are just going to have to see what works for you, and don't push yourself to hard during the first few days.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there Jenski and to the Beach! Thanks to Loriann for "reeling you in"! Spread you Beach towel and feel right at home. There's lots of info and support in this Forum.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #12  

Quote:
Do any of you work out in the morning? Do you eat a pre-workout snack? I work out now first thing in the morning, and I typically don't eat a prework snack, at times I'll eat a banana (which I'll cut out now). Just wondering if it was important to eat a snack before working out if that workout is first thing in the AM.
Welcome! I work out in the a.m. Bootcamp at 5:15 a.m. 3x/week. When I'm not doing that, my typical was spinning 2-3x/week for an hour at 5:45 a.m. Very rarely do I eat before I go. I normally have some almonds or a S.B. bar or something in my car just in case I really "need" something before I can get home and shower and cook something. I ate about 1/2 a bar one day b/c I felt like my blood sugar was a little low. But normally I just wait until I get home and cook some eggs or oatmeal after my workout.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #13  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Jenny, I'm a lifetimer at WW. I had used WW for many years to lose weight over & over & over again. Always gained it back. Recently, WW wasn't even working anymore for me. SB is so much easier for me and I've lost way more weight than I even planned, lowered my cholesterol too. I really like eating this way and it's healthier for my family. You'll love it here. Make sure to read the book. The recipes here are fantastic!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to our forum. This is a great place for suggestions, advice, support, and inspiration. I hope you use us as a sounding board.

As far as eating before workouts, I tend to eat right after, usually a protein shake, but I might also have almonds, Greek yogurt, or a hard boiled egg as well. Just a way to get my metabolism going.

Good luck on your journey!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WoooOOOoWoooo! We love south beach! Welcome!
Closed Thread