South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #31  
Determined to lose!

Sorry your goin through this Mel... It takes a lot for a body to be able to take a child away from it's parents. Trust me when I say I know.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #32  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I hope that woman's lies don't strip them of their Constitutionally protected status as parents... she's saying in her papers that the things she claims such as them not being interested in her welfare or interested in her period, and not visiting her, and supposedly neglecting her and not being able to supposedly financially and physically take care of her has interfered with their rights as parents and it's in her best interests to be placed with HBIC (head biatche in charge, which is what we call bf's mom). Just got off the phone with my mom and was reading her some of the stuff and she is so outraged in my bf's defense, she hates that HBIC.

If you don't mind me asking and being incredibly forthcomingly nosy... what sort of stuff happened in your situation? (I gather it was your situation or someone elses you are close to).. I am curious, you may know how to fight this.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #33  
Determined to lose!

Hey Mel, because each state and judge is different, instead of opening old wounds (NO, It was not me)... I'm going to refer you to this website I found the other day and asked questions aboutmy son! http://www.expertlaw.com/ They have lawyers that volunteer and ask questions, check it out!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #34  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chickies, maybe really personal stuff would be better discussed in a PM. Just a suggestion. This is a public forum and lots of folks come in here to read although they are not members.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #35  

Wow! So many posts and so much I need to do at work.

I had to take Brian in for a fasting trigylceride test this morning. Last year at his physical his nonfasting test showed a high level and they wanted to repeat it. It is now perfectly normal. Yeah!!

I've got a busy night of scout stuff but it's the fun kind of work that I really enjoy. Brian is coming in uniform to greet people for the Roundtable and Program Preview. He makes me so proud.

Mel - Robert has told lots of lies about me to his friends, the judge, the couselor doing our social study and the lawyers. I've just got a good lawyer and I make sure to stay calm and logical when speaking to anyone but a close friend. I also make sure that everything I put in email or text message to him is something that I would not be ashamed to have read to a judge. Believe me, I have kept his nasty emails just in case I need them. I'm not sure about the legality of videotaping that you plan to do but then I support computers and not the law. I'm hoping for the best outcome for your BF's daughter. This has to be really rough for a child to go through.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #36  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
Hey Mel, because each state and judge is different, instead of opening old wounds (NO, It was not me)... I'm going to refer you to this website I found the other day and asked questions aboutmy son! http://www.expertlaw.com/ They have lawyers that volunteer and ask questions, check it out!
Loriann, thank you for referring me to this website, I'm going to check it out immediately.

Ruthxx, I definitely understand your point because there is a chance of the parties I speak of finding out about what I write, but I don't think any of the parties I have mentioned in my posts will be viewing this website. The lady I speak of has no interest in weight loss websites at all to my knowledge, she basically just checks her email and freecycle. I know I post things that are pretty personal, and that everyone elses' personals aren't quite as personal, just stuff about their day and etc so I often try to keep myself from posting about these things, because I feel they probably are too personal, but then I just end up doing so anyway. I don't do it to annoy anyone or whine or complain, but I do so because it's an anonymous forum to some extent and sometimes I just need to vent so bad... and I feel comfortable on this forum and sometimes just let loose with the drama. I do so because I'm hoping that if anybody has experienced something similar and may have some advice or opinions then I may find out any sort of useful information. It may seem unrelated to weight loss but it is, because stress often is detrimental to weight loss so I try to just vent (although I realize most people don't pay my rambling posts any mind, lol, but it just relieves some stress to just type it all out if that makes any sense)... and yeah, I'm rambling again, sorry. I just thought I would explain why I always post about that personal stuff... I should get a personal blog I suppose and stop bothering everyone.

I didn't mean to conduct myself in an inappropriate manner on the Chat by any means... just venting. Sorry for my long rambling post above.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #37  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522 View Post

Mel - Robert has told lots of lies about me to his friends, the judge, the couselor doing our social study and the lawyers. I've just got a good lawyer and I make sure to stay calm and logical when speaking to anyone but a close friend. I also make sure that everything I put in email or text message to him is something that I would not be ashamed to have read to a judge. Believe me, I have kept his nasty emails just in case I need them. I'm not sure about the legality of videotaping that you plan to do but then I support computers and not the law. I'm hoping for the best outcome for your BF's daughter. This has to be really rough for a child to go through.
Barb, I'm glad Brian's triglyceride levels are normal again although I don't profess to know what triglyceride levels all! I hope all is well though.

Thank you for your kind and understanding words. I hope for the best outcome as well... Luckily in NC, you can record what someone says without their knowledge as long as one party (oneself, heh heh) is aware of it and then use it in court. I'm gonna tell BF to do as you do and not do anything that he would be ashamed to have heard by a judge, that's a very good idea. Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #38  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

melanie. google my name... ladybugnessa.

you will be AMAZED at what you find....
Old 08-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

ooooh, we all run off to google nessa....
Should I be afraid about tomorrow after all?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #40  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wow Nessa! - you are a busy woman! Between the haircut and the weight loss in your before and after pics you look like a totally different person!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

Yesterday I got the probable diagnosis of Hershey's problem but we will be going to the Alta Vista (Ottawa) clinic later this month to firm up the diagnosis and determine treatment. Leslie thinks she has Cushings which appears to be treatable. I'm quite sure that's what it is because she has nearly all the symptoms.

:
Ruth, I am so very sorry to hear about the Cushings. My boxer was diagnoses two years ago, the treatment I could get for him would improve his quality of life but it wasn't a cure. He would have had to stay on the medication for the rest of his life and continue with lab work every 4-6 weeks to monitor his reaction to the meds. It was very difficult for me because the cost of the medication plus the blood work made it cost prohibitive to move forward with the treatment. The only comforting things was that he was a good old boy so his life wasn’t cut significantly short by the disease but the quality certainly wasn’t what it would have been without it. Hopefully this won’t be the case for you. Please keep us posted on how Hershey does.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
melanie. google my name... ladybugnessa.

you will be AMAZED at what you find....
damn, ur a busy woman nessa.. love the photobucket pics, especially that shirt that says "i don't need a life, i have the internet". i want that shirt cause that says it all with me, LOL
Old 08-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #43  
Healthy mommy

Wow Ladynessa, I did as you suggested and like, every webpage that came up had your name on it! And I could tell it was indeed you because one of the pages mentioned the SBD. Luckily- although Melanie is my real name- the people I speak of don't know I use "fat melanie" as a username, my email and such is different. Hopefully they never will find out...

Still, it does bring to my attention how easily they could find anything that I write. Hopefully none of it could be used against me... I could always deny that it's me but... heh. That would be hard to do. "Melanie in NC" and all.

Ooh you go girl, a younger man! That's awesome. (yes I was curious and checked out a page!)
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #44  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

mel - your MIL might not have much interest....but I'll bet her lawyer has a pretty vested interest.....just be careful....

@ constitutional rights as parents. Is there really such a thing anymore?
Closed Thread