South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #16  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Before I could even have more than 2 (i gve in and ate them hot) I bagged them in sandwhich bags
Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #17  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Yum KO, your salads all sound good (swiss is like my favoritest cheese ever) (yes I know favoritest is not a word hehehe), and the spinach salad sounds savory, I must try that.

Thin4good, that sounds like a good treat, I'll have to try that sometime. It sounds easier than custard; custard tastes just like pudding but it's so easy to curdle. I made some last night which is virtually perfect except for some slight curdling that I missed, every now and then there was a small egg particle mixed in (eww), but for the most part it turned out well. The cocoa yogurt sounds much easier to do though.

Mm, I love simple and easy PB cookies, I made some a few weeks ago with just egg, PB, and splenda, and even BF liked them. They were indeed crumbly but I found that to be delicious. I wonder if a tablespoon of healthy margarine would solve that problem, but I dunno.

Okay, I was really hungry this morning, so I've had like 3 egg whites scrambled plus one whole egg scrambled together with a slice of cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon, v8 juice, and then 2/3 cup of the chocolate custard.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #18  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

the salad is super easy!
toast the walnuts for a few min in a nonstick pan shaking it
set aside
spray /Oil pan I use the bag of frozen spinach dried minced onion if I have it italian seasoning salty pepper minced garlic to taste thenmix in crumbled RF Feta sometimes parmesan too
Old 08-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #19  
Healthy mommy

Yum, that sounds scrumptious.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

heya chicas!! room for one more?
restarted this morning (kinda half-heartedy, tho) with two soft-boiled eggs and tomato and lo-fat mozz. ummm and two lf milk capuccinos.

melanie- this is my third time around, too! time to move out of the fat fat pants

the PB cookies sound delish..PB is my fave veggie/fruit u name it
KO that salad does sound scrumptious, will try and work it in.

hope y'alls friday rocks!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #21  
Healthy mommy

There's plenty of room. Yum lowfat milk cappuchinos sounds good... The best I can do is instant coffee with skim milk, splenda, and a bit of hershey's cocoa to make a chocolately coffee drink. Hmm, I should probably post that in the recipe section, it is really good if you're craving Starbucks or something.

I agree, it really is time to move out of the fat pants! I can't wait.

So are you a native of Germany or a foreigner residing there? I've mainly just seen American & Canadian chicks here, one chick who lives in India, and I saw one Irish woman and I don't know where she went off to. I think it's pretty cool to converse with people from other countries who have like interests.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #22  
Recovering Sugar Addict

S/C/G: 160/158/145

Height: 5'6"

I messed up this week but I Messed up on purpose... it was my one year anniversary and I had a smallish peice of french bread, and half a peice of chocolate cake, two glasses of wine (should have stuck to 1), and a bite of potatoes au gratin...

Does that mean I have to start over phase 1? I can do it, no prob. it feels like a breeze now. I feel like I could keep eating this way forever... I felt like I owed it to myself to indulge... the restaurant was a five star restaurant and we've never spent that much on dinner before... plus it freaks Jacob out a little bit that I've changed so much in the last three weeks... he might have died of a heartattack if I turned down that cake... and then it would be four years for nothing

I'm actually amazed that the cravings didn't come back full force after I had chocolate cake... that's my first chocolate in 20 days.... I thought it would ruin everything. but it actually wasn't very good cake, not very rich...

Anyway, should I start over?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glad you had a great Anniversary! Life does go on despite South Beach. No, don't start over - just keep on trucking with a pure Phase I but remember to transition into Phase I.5. Sticking to Phase I is not sound nutritionally for more than 2-3 weeks.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #24  

Height: 5'11

What do you all mean by phase 1.5?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

Phase I.5 is easing into Phase II by adding just one thing for a week - e.g. a serving of berries. And then the next week add a single serving of something else.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #26  

Height: 5'11

Like adding just one serving for that whole week? So I eat berries on Monday and then not again until next week? Just trying to clarify. I am terrified of starting phase 2 and not doing it correctly!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #27  
Come on Spring!

Nope - eat berries (or whatever fruit or starch you choose) for the whole week. Then continue to eat the berries or starch the next week and add another choice from the Phase II list.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi all!

sciana-congrats! and about the chocolate cake..isn't weird how we'll indulge in somehting we used to luuuurve and it's just not as yummy as it used to be??? (my disappointment was reeses pieces..just can's stand up to the sb pb cups..)sbd really "opens up" your palate in a good way!

melanie- i'm an expat or love immigrant or waddevah . have been living in germany since 2001, formerly from tucson AZ but i am used to moving around A LOT as a military brat . never been to n. carolina, but have lived in georgia (does that qualify me as southern???)

re: P1- have been coasting on P2 since last post...*groan* am determined to get started in earnest on monday. bf promised to support only if i exercise at least once a week (all my failed starts have tried his patience) for 40 min. i know he's right but i feel so obstinate (like a 3year old- "don't want!!") about exercising even though i always feel fantastic afterwards. so, see you all tomorrow!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #29  
Come on Spring!

Bumping this up for the new folks and changing the title a bit. If it gets too long we'll go back to a weekly thread.

By the way, I hope everyone has their number of posts per screen set to 40. See my Too Many Pages? sticky above.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #30  
Healthy mommy

So how much is a serving of blueberries? (referring to starting ph 1.5 with berries or something) I bought some fresh blueberries, they were reduced so got them for .99 cent for each little tub, and stuck them into the freezer. Anyone ever tried making a blueberry milkshake or smoothie? I thought I could pull out the blender and put in some fat free plain yogurt and the blueberries when I started ph 1.5.

I'm back to day 1 again... won't bore anyone with the details, stuck in church all day and forgot to eat breakfast, leading to a sugar binge, well, at least thefact that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day was definitely reinforced! Breakfast is definitely important and NOT skipping meals is DEFINITELY important not only in Ph 1, but in all. Just thought I'd mention this because I am realizing, through my screw ups, what triggers really bad binges. It's good that I'm learning to realize this... because in the end it really helps.

I had for breakfast, 2 eggs scrambled with a splash of fat free milk and a few slices of reduced fat cheddar AND salsa. Ran out of v8 so figured the salsa would 'veggie up' my breakfast, plus had the 2 slices of turkey bacon.

snack: celery and hummus, lunch: deli turkey salad with one serving dressing and serving of peanuts thrown on top

Dinner will be the Chicken Divan bake, although I'm cutting out the mayo part. Uh, I need to have a snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaman View Post
hi all!

melanie- i'm an expat or love immigrant or waddevah . have been living in germany since 2001, formerly from tucson AZ but i am used to moving around A LOT as a military brat . never been to n. carolina, but have lived in georgia (does that qualify me as southern???)

re: P1- have been coasting on P2 since last post...*groan* am determined to get started in earnest on monday. bf promised to support only if i exercise at least once a week (all my failed starts have tried his patience) for 40 min. i know he's right but i feel so obstinate (like a 3year old- "don't want!!") about exercising even though i always feel fantastic afterwards. so, see you all tomorrow!
It would be SO cool to be an expatriate and travel other countries, I envy you!

I understand about the exercising, I feel great afterwards but actually attempting it and following through is so ... I dunno. I planned on it today but didn't... I'm so lazy!

Need motivation.
Closed Thread