3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SF Lemon Pudding w/ Graham Crust (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/148974-sf-lemon-pudding-w-graham-crust.html)

ZanyJane 08-12-2008 08:09 PM

SF Lemon Pudding w/ Graham Crust

My friend gave me a recipe to use on SB diet. I am just starting Phase 2 and was wondering if this is a good thing to eat. I am still learning and want to check. Because I had thses at her house and fell totally in love. Seems to good to be true.

Please let me know.

1 Package Lemon SF Pudding
2 Cups 1% milk
1 Package Graham Cracker Crust Mini cup (6 per package)
1 Tbls SF Cool Whip

So Yummy but worried about Graham Cracker Crust.

murphmitch 08-12-2008 08:15 PM

Graham cracker crust:
INGREDIENTS:
Enriched wheat flour (contains niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate {vitamin B1}, riboflavin {vitamin B2}, folic acid), vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and hydrogenated cottonseed oils), sugar, graham flour, honey, high fructose...

Doesn't sound SB at all.

ZanyJane 08-12-2008 08:18 PM

I was looking at Carbs and did not look bad, but I am learning about good and bad. Well will do it without crust, still yummy.

thanks

cottagebythesea 08-13-2008 06:10 AM

I make a pretty good crust that tastes similar to graham cracker crusts with Fiber One cereal. I just mix about a cup of Fiber One, 1/4 cup Splenda and some Smart Balance in a food processor until it's crumbly and pat it into a pie pan. Sometimes I'll bake the crust first at 400* for 8 - 10 minutes, depending on whether I'm making an unbaked filling or not.

Schmoodle 08-13-2008 08:18 AM

Don't look at carbs, look at ingredients and make sure it is whole grain, low or no added sugar. and not a lot of nasty additives. Hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup are bad for us.

erikalea 08-13-2008 10:05 AM

Hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup are bad for EVERYONE, not just us beachers! (That might be what you meant, though!) I remember Oprah's heart doc listing them among the worst foods you can put in your body.

Cottage - that sounds like a GREAT idea for a crust substitute...I saw some pie recipes the other day that looked SB without the crust, so now I can try them!! (Hope I didn't throw them out! :eek: I was purging and organizing.)

pookynutt 08-13-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cottagebythesea (Post 2313905)
I make a pretty good crust that tastes similar to graham cracker crusts with Fiber One cereal. I just mix about a cup of Fiber One, 1/4 cup Splenda and some Smart Balance in a food processor until it's crumbly and pat it into a pie pan. Sometimes I'll bake the crust first at 400* for 8 - 10 minutes, depending on whether I'm making an unbaked filling or not.

mmmm this sounds good! maybe really tasty with the breakfast cheescake recipe which i absolutely love! do you think this would work?

erikalea 08-13-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookynutt (Post 2315297)
mmmm this sounds good! maybe really tasty with the breakfast cheescake recipe which i absolutely love! do you think this would work?

Oh now THAT's a good idea! Race you to see who finds out how good it is first! ;)