My First Day on the Beach!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today was my first day on the South Beach diet. I lost 43lbs from 2004 to 2006 and am now restarting from stratch.

My breakfast was two scrambled eggs and two turkey bacon, sprayed the pan with a touch of PAM, coffee with sweetner

Lunch was chicken breast with a Greek salad with 1 tbsp EVOO

Snack was a cheese string

Dinner was leftover lunch. I have had several bottles of water today and am going to exercise shortly. I missed my morning snack as I had an appt but I will definetely bring a snack in my purse from now on.

Dessert was a FF NSA Creamsicle

I hope I can leave this post here as I can't seem to start a blog and later will include this post

Thanks for reading!
  • TO THE BEACH!

Your plan sounds good! Come join us in the daily threads, and check in daily. That helps me to stay on plan!

Your meals sound ok. Perhaps veggies to the egg or grab some v8 for breakfast? And for lunch and or dinner throw in some skim or 1% milk! Remember to get your dairy in there! And veggies! You need more than what you ate! *hhmmm, not one to talk Lori!!!! LOL
  • Thank you.

I forgot to add that I had a tomato with each meal. I plan in getting more veggies and the milk at meals is a great idea. I also have V8 cans in the fridge which I will start tomorrow, I didn't want to risk it before my appt this morning,lol
  • Welcome back! I am just starting week two of my first time with the Beach phase one.
  • Hi Brockbabe, yep definitely more veggies, and some dairy and beans. Just nosy, when you lost your weight before was it on SB?
    Welcome!
  • to The Beach, Brockbabe! You're off to a great start, and I wish you tons of success! We look forward to your posts in our daily chats!
  • Welcome aboard. This is a great forum for support and info!
  • Welcome! Watch out for day three and four they're doozies! I'm on day six now... feeling a little bit better every day! Just bought the south beach cook book and am SO excited to try out some phase 1 recipes.
  • Yes previous weightloss was on the SBD. Having not read the original book in quite some time, I know I need to revise my eating a bit.

Today was a bit more substantial.

Breakfast was two eggs, two turkey bacon, coffee with sweetner

S: Part skim mozzerella cheese string

L: 4 oz water packed tuna on a bed of romaine leaves, 1/2 cucumber, 1 wedge Light Laughing Cow,15 almonds, side salad of romaine lettuce and EVOO

S: 8 oz skim milk

D: Talapia made with PAM, 2 cups lettuce with cucumber and tomato

Dessert: FF NSA Creamsicle...

Lots of water

I am noticing a slight burning in my tummy. Could that be from the restrictions of Phase 1?
  • I feel like i eat too much when i look at her food for the day
  • Welcome and good luck!
  • Brock, any chance of adding V8 to breakfast? You need more veggies and more dairy in your diet!
  • Quote: Yes previous weightloss was on the SBD. Having not read the original book in quite some time, I know I need to revise my eating a bit.

Today was a bit more substantial.

Breakfast was two eggs, two turkey bacon, coffee with sweetner

S: Part skim mozzerella cheese string

L: 4 oz water packed tuna on a bed of romaine leaves, 1/2 cucumber, 1 wedge Light Laughing Cow,15 almonds, side salad of romaine lettuce and EVOO

S: 8 oz skim milk

D: Talapia made with PAM, 2 cups lettuce with cucumber and tomato

Dessert: FF NSA Creamsicle...

Lots of water

I am noticing a slight burning in my tummy. Could that be from the restrictions of Phase 1?

you are light on veggies (none at breakfast) i only see milk once. I see no beans... what was your good fat at dinner?

what was your pm snack? that creamsicle is a sweet treat....

what was your coffee sweetener??? i use sugar free syrups...
  • "you are light on veggies (none at breakfast) i only see milk once. I see no beans... what was your good fat at dinner?

what was your pm snack? that creamsicle is a sweet treat....

what was your coffee sweetener??? i use sugar free syrups..."

My good fat at dinner was EVOO on my salad. In terms of PM snacks, what else can I try?

Sweetner was Sugar Twin...