South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #16  
Determined to lose!

I eat ICE!!!!!!!!!!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Did you actually get tested for anemia? The symptoms you list are so vague, could be anything. And iron isn't the only cause of anemia. And if you're not anemic, too much iron is indeed a bad thing.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #18  
Determined to lose!

I did not get tested, but just the two weeks I've been taking the iron I've noticed a difference, concentration is better, I'm not chewing the ice. The multi's do not have iron in them so I'm good there.
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #19  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

All raw veggies like carrots and celery have good hard crunch appeal. I think a hard apple is a great snack. It has almost become my mid afternoon staple.

As for ice cream, since I have been visiting my Dad I noticed that he has some very small plastic cups that he had been using for his daily ice cream fix.(He had a stroke in 1999 and he has to significantly reduce his beloved ice cream he had every day--he was a four-five big scooper) These cups are the equivalent of 4 spoonsful. Just enough to get that cold creamy taste without a lot of calories, fat, sugar, etc. Works for him and it works for me!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #20  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDogMom View Post
I'm craving crunchy things.

What do you eat when you want crunchy?
What about the turkey pepperoni chips?
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/172/170ish

Height: 5'10"

I can't think of what I eat when i want a crunchy snack....i can't even say that I've had these cravings for a while? I mostly crave fruit and skim milk and low fat string cheese....weird.
mul131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

When I have to have a salty crunchy snack, I eat garlic dill pickles...put a few in a coffee cup and just munch away
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
What about the turkey pepperoni chips?
I agree, when I need crunch in a snack kind of way I turn to the pepperoni chips. I take a serving a turkey pepperoni, place on a folded paper towel and microwave for about 45 seconds. They are really salty so if you don't want the salt then they wouldn't work but one serving is just enough to completely satisfy me. If I use them for my afternoon snack I will slice up a couple of small raw tomatoes and have them on top of the tomato slices. Cuts the salt and puts a little zip in the tomato.

AND THEN if pizza is ordered into the house I will slice the tomatoes, put on my pepperoni chips and a piece of lf swiss cheese and broil until the cheese melts. This helps me stay away from the pizza until it is gone.

Turkey Pepperoni chips
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #24  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

on the anemia issue...there are also various types of anemia. You should be tested to see if you are iron deficient prior to starting iron supplements. There are other types of anemia that would require different treatments.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote