South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #31  

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
Melanie, he's my son. my husband's stepson. he's got multiple things wrong with him.... it's hard to explain he has Pervasive Developmental Delay-NOS meaning they don't have a slot for him. it's a form of autisim. he's also ADHD and OCD as his primary issues. and no he lives primarily with his dad (my ex) and his stepmom but we work as a team for the betterment of our children.
My 7 year old also has PDD-NOS also Nessa! And we are also thinking ADHD is part of his issues and possibly OCD because of other things, those haven't been Dx for sure though just thoughts.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #32  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi all!

i blew past my weekly 300 min exercise goal today, and i still have one day left...

Last edited by dcapulet; 08-08-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #33  

Height: 5'11

Way to go dcapulet that is awesome!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #34  
Determined to lose!

Hi all and thanks! That was perhaps the strangest "Interview" I've ever had! I walked in and the owner greeted me, then asked how the ride was so I told him that I sort of missed the longer rides so I could listen to sermons. Then, with no other questions, he asked "so how much to get you to work for me?"

What? I thought. But I got him talking without giving an answer, asking him questions about the company, how he's dealing with the economy, etc. After he told me he only pays 50% of health he informed me I'll get FREE car repairs!!!!!! (THATS HUGE!) Well, after all was said and done, he asked me again so I said "I know you have a budget, what was it you have in mind for the position." He said "twelve" I replied that with the price of gas (which he brought up on the phone when I said where I lived) there's no way I could do it for that.. Well, after some more discussion and interruptions by customers I informed him of my price. He said "I have a good feeling about you." Then he said, verbatim... "I'd like till tomorrow afternoon to call you to come to work for me on Monday, and it'll be for the amount you stated."

My price is a little lower than I'd like (considering the benefits are not that great) but with the benie of car repair, and my son not at home, I'll be back where I was at the last job!

The distance isn't as much of a problem as the traffic, it's the same distance as ACT was, but it's heavier traffic. Thats a downfall. OH well!

This guy is high strung, but not in a dizzy kind of way, he's down to earth and had me laughing! One of the customers, on his way out the owner said "see you in a month, don't be nice to your father and stay out of trouble!" I'm gonna remember that one "don't be nice to your father" .

So, the final word will be tomorrow, but on my way out the door he said "I'll see you soon, and I WILL see you soon."
Old 08-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That sounds very positive. Lorianne. I'll keep "them" crossed. (I'm glad you checked in - I'm usually offline by now and was glad to see your post.)
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #36  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, thanks! I still can't believe the conversation! It wasn't an interview, and whats more, he didn't even have the resume' printed, just the cover letter. He said he liked the way I worded it. I just checked and laughed because it was by far one of the cheesiest I've written!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Hey guys...it's been a rough couple days and I've been struggling to stay OP. Nothing major I've just been feeling kind of anxious lately...work has been crazy, a little drama in my personal life..and now I'm craving ice cream. Trying to stay positive and hope this thing passes.

I'm super excited for the Olympics to start.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Loriann! Sorry, we don't have a smilie for crossed boobies! Your interview sounds very positive and I hope you get what you asked for!
Closed Thread