Tips for a successful journey!
In my past life (pre sbd, and sometimes even while on sb) I wanted fast, easy food! YUP, that meant the dreaded drive through or pizza! I know, Iknow, Pizza isn't ff.
But you know something? How hard is it to throw lemon pepper on a tilapia fish and put it in the broiler? throw veggies into the microwave, add a glass of milk and maybe a side of cottage cheese? I'd say all can be done in oh, 15 mins or less (including the cooking time)! In reality, thats about how long it takes to go through a drive through for JUNK! OK, in my instance it takes longer if I'm home and have to go out after it!
So here's a thread about beating the "ravenous" or "starving" feat of the drive through! AND I'M MAKING THIS POST FOR MYSELF AS MUCH AS THE NEXT SBER!
1. PLAN, PLAN PLAN! Having a menu ( I do for one week, but would love to get it up to a month) and making sure I have the ingredients for those meals on hand is vital to success on ANY plan!
2. Work the plan! Does the meal mean dethawing the meat? Why wait till morning? Pull it out of the freezer, put in the fridge the night before!
3. Work in bulk! When chopping the onion, why only chop half? Why not chop the entire thing! If the recipe only means a quarter, you have the rest for eggs, tuna or the next recipe! Same goes for pepper, celery, or anything!
4. Work in bulk! When making a salsa chicken, why not make more for left overs? When making the casserole, double the portion and FREEZE IT! This makes for awesome grab out and microwave, and done with dinner nights!
5. Crockpots! These are awesome tools! I can't tell you the great feeling of coming home from a hard days work knowing that dinner is stewing and ready when I arrive, not to mention the welcoming aroma's coming from said pot!
6. Dehydrate! OK, I'm not personally familiar with this one so am hoping someone else will elaborate. I've been noticing a few people here dehydrating fruits and veggies! Not sure what dehydrated foods are used for myself!
7. Canning! Another thing I'd love to get into, never had the time for. But if you have fresh tomatos and don't know what to do with them, research! This is cheaper and healthier than what you get in the store! And tasted better on the (whole grain) spaghetti noodles anyway!
8. Snacks! Buy a jar of peanuts, or a pack of string cheese, or dried fruits. Make sure to have them on hand! Espeically if your going on a long trip or having a long day out and about! To be able to reach for that handful of peanuts may be what tides you over till the next meal and keeps you from the drive through!
9. DRINK YOU WATER! WATER! WATER! It's been drilled into us, but are we actually doing it? It DOES take care of some of the hunger! Do you know we tend to eat instead of drinking when we are dehydrated?
10. EXERCISE! Thats right.. get moving! I know I'm not the only one to ever eat out of boredom! I learned this one from my dog! When she's had her walk she is the best behaved dog. When she's been cooped up all week cause it's too cold to walk her, or I'm too busy, she gets bored and starts chewing things from the garbage! WEll, folks, when I get out and walk her, I notice I tend not to eat as much! I've also learned if I put my ipod on I walk a lot faster!
Please, if you have any other suggestions, place them here!
Timothy 4:8 (King James Version) 8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
Nov weight loss goals
Last edited by Loriann7; 08-07-2008 at 09:49 AM.