Headache?

• Is it normal to have an annoying headache when starting phase one, first time ever on the diet? I got it about 1/2 way through day one and it's still here on day three, and didn't budge even with Tylenol or Advil. It's not terrible but a dull ache. DH thought maybe it was my reaction to lack of sugar (suggesting I was a bit addicted eh lol). It's weird because I just never have headaches. Anything I can do to help this thing? Thoughts?
  • You are detoxing! Be sure you eat legumes and get the full allotment of dairy and it will pass. Almost everyone gets it. We call it the SBD flu!
  • Ahhhh that makes me feel soooo much better. I was thinking maybe the diet wasn't working for me or I was having a bad reaction to it or something lol.... thank you!
  • I honestly felt miserable the first three days. Then on day four it seems like I started feeling better. It does pass and seems to get easier! (I'm on day 7) Hang in there!
  • it's typical

have milk
    have beans

if you were used to caffeine and are not having any, then that's another cause of it...
  • No worries, you'll feel better. I thought I was going to die on days 1-3. It will pass.
  • I had headaches on phase I also. They subsided after the first few days.
  • yep.....you've got the SBD Flu. It'll pass. It just simply means you're body is getting rid of the sugar it's been storing in it.
    Be sure to also drink a lot of water in the next few days....SBD flu plus hot summer days makes for a rough go. Lots and lots of water will help.
  • I second the water intake, drink more than you care too!
  • Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Yup, I had headaches the first week of phase 1, too. Water did seem to help. Hang in there, it does get better .
  • I have a headache too. Glad this is normal.
  • SBD Flu Headaches...
    Yes headaches are the norm with this diet, for the first couple days in Phase 1 - I have a headache for 3-4 days straight!

And then, thankfully it's all gone...so is about 15 pounds...