South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Steamy Thursday Chick Chat

Morning, everyone! And no, get your minds out of the gutter, it's not that kind of "steamy" that I'm talking about! Too hot for that, anyway.

We didn't get any of the storms that were predicted, they all went around us and made the humidity even worse. I took the girls to watch the polo game last night, but we didn't stay too long. I really think it's cruel to make the horses work in such weather, but everyone says they don't mind the heat. How do they know???? Anyway, I got the girls involved in a crafts project, so they had more fun doing that rather than watching the game in the sweltering heat.
We have piano lessons this morning, then will most likely spend the day at someone's pool. It will be nice when Cindy finally puts in a pool on their farm! Maybe next year.

Kim, how are you doing this morning? That would be some pretty exciting news if you are pregnant! I hope the nausea doesn't linger all day.

hmacneil, I'm glad you made it through the quake ok! We actually had a mini one not too far from here yesterday, but no one barely noticed it.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage. Steamy here too even at 5am!! Hope you can find a pool!

We are thinking that MAYBE today will be the day the puppies arrive. Poor Bijoux has been throwing up since yesterday afternoon and looks just miserable. (for some reason she had to go throw up on my living/dining room rugs, so I finally closed off that section of the house..yuk.) I looked it up and found that throwing up is a sign that labor is on the way. My husband is off till Sunday, so we are hoping they come soon while we are both home. He said we ought to name one of the male puppies (up)Chuck.

Our plans for the day are going to school for a while to start hauling my stuff over there and waiting for pups. I went to the school yesterday and toured it. Beautiful school and my classroom is great. Really neat color scheme at the school of dark yellow, teal and light purple...soothing colors. I met some of the faculty and everyone was so nice and helpful. Felt like home already.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-31-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 AM   #3  

Cat, I hope Bijoux has an easy time of it. Keep us posted, ok? I'm excited for you about your new teaching position! It sounds like it's going to be great! Audrey will be starting 2nd grade in a few weeks, I may be asking you for councel!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-31-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:37 AM   #4  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

Yesterday, I went off P2 and had pizza for lunch. I felt pretty bad about that, and had a small salad for dinner. My stomach is not too happy this morning from my "transgression" yesterday. So I won't stick around for personals right now.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:59 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, I've never taught 2nd grade before, so I may be asking Miss Audrey for HER council!! (I've taught 5th, 6th,1st, but mostly kindergarten).
I'm really looking forward to teaching these "older" kids. Kindergarten is rough physically and very tiring. At least these babies will know how to hold a cafeteria tray!!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 AM   #6  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Happy Thursday!!

Running late this morning...seems to be the theme for this week!

Cat...the school looks too cute!! So happy for ya!

Have a good one girls!!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:18 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Good luck finding a pool

Cat - puppies! I can't wait to see pictures.

Belle - Hope your tummy is better today. I suppose it's good that our bodies point out our transgressions, but no fun.

Mandy - Have a good day!

Not much here, just another Thursday. We are trying for a whale watch again tomorrow. Looks like the weather might finally cooperate.

I'm on day 4 in The Beck Workbook (thank you Nessa!). It's slow going already. I started to lose focus almost as soon as I hit goal so I'm hoping this will help me refocus and stay on track.

Have a good day everyone
Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning all! Sorry, NO time for personals, I'll probably do them after the gang leaves today!

Yesterday was such a blast! My son was over so we picked up one of his friends and my nephew and I went for a hike to one of the gulleys I have been speaking of! we were walking up the gulley bed and trying to avoid getting wet. Well, easier said than done, two of the boys came out bone dry (the clime was an hour and half up!) Dn got his shoes wet... me... well, I'm short and couldn't reach in one place from where I was standing to the next, and I slipped (It had rained that day, making the hike more difficult and more excited) and fell into a pool of water... ice cold water, clean as a whistle... I scrapped my arm pretty bad, but once the shock of falling was over, it was sort of fun! I just sat in the pool laughing! The look on Joe's face was priceless! His face was ridden with worry till I started laughing! So, the rest of the way I didn't care if I got wet, I was soaked already, which made the hike easier!!!!!! hahahah.... I'm glad I left Jade home, there's NO way she'd of been able to climb that thing! THE BOYS HAD AN ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!!!

So, today the Barnum's are coming (switched from doing it Friday, which is fine by me)... Not all of them, so let's see, Randy, (the father), daughters Janelle and Rachelle, son Jordan, friends Isaiah and Nathan, my nephew and myself will be going. I've been off plan last couple days, so I picked up the necessary items to make tuna sandwiches and ensure an op day! Not sure which one(s) we'll hike, but I know it's not going to be Grime's Glenn as that one was closed yesterday for some reason! We were dissapointed. Lucky for us we found another one close by to hike.

I got the call the couch I wanted is mine, so I've offered Clair my set. I will have Randy eye it up for her to see if they want it. If not, I'll post it on Craigs list to get my money back from the one I'm buying.

I hope you all stay cool. We have LOTS of water to bring along!

Hope you all have a great day! I need to straighten the house while I wait for their arrival, wont take too long.

Last edited by Loriann7; 07-31-2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: OOPS, DIDN'T MEAN TO HIT POST BUTTON!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, I was up and working at 5:30, nothing like a little panic to get you going in the morning! I've got to brief two Brigadier Generals in the next couple of weeks and I have been losing some sleep over it.
Overcast and breezy here today so I guess we will be having thunderstorms on and off. So the pool is out, and my laundry is piling up because I need a sunny day, but the kids will still have their horseback riding later, rain or shine.
Loriann, sounds like a fun and busy week for you. Glad you got your couch.
Cyndi, hope you find Beck helpful and good luck spotting some whales.
Hi mandyleigh!
Belle Mer, get yourself right back on track and you'll be fine. Was the pizza worth it at least? I succumbed to a piece of pizza not long ago and was disappointed because it wasn't that good.
How's the tummy this morning Kim?
And you too, weezle, hope you are feeling better and things are "stopped up".
cottage, I don't know about horses, but at the farm where the kids ride, on really hot days they ride the horses through a sprinkler and they (the horses) really seem to enjoy it. Really? We had a quake around here? I hadn't heard.
Good luck with getting the puppies delivered and classroom ready Cat. I love second grade age. They haven't really started cliqueing up too much yet, and are still pretty accepting of each other. No "dating" either.

Well, off to spend some more time guessing what questions the generals will want answered!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Maybe we'll be getting news today on babies delivered and babies conceived?!?!

Not from me though!! (thank goodness!!!)

Last night we went to Texas Roadhouse. I must say, it was the most enjoyable meal out since starting SB. Normally, I have to tip toe around what I can and can't eat on the menu. But I had a ribeye (actually done properly), a plain sweet potato (I think I adore them now) and steamed mixed veggies. AND, my children BEHAVED!??! Wowzers!!

Today is the longggg day at work. Hopefully nothing too exciting! Friday is only a day away....

Have a good day!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning....

it's hot and steamy here too.

Cottage I'm planning shrewsberry markget and green dragon on August 15... maybe we can meet up???

the vet called at 10 last night. a C-6 test is the test they do for lyme disease bacteria. a count of 30 or higher is considered infection enough to treat. Poor Bagel his score was 324. he's an extremely sick puppy. so they now will have him on antibiotic for 6 weeks total. ugh...

i ended up taking a laxative last night. I do not do it often but i felt so uncomfortable... now i feel light and empty FINALLY... I know it's TMI but when you have IBS your life lives around the bathroom... either you go too much or you don' go enough.... well i went enough to lose 3.8 pounds overnight...

i called in sick today because of it... ugh...

i do want to swim as yesterday i did not... i felt too crummy... but i'm thinking getting on the bike might be a better plan as DH and i are going out early...

we have dinner plans with friends... thankfully she's a diabetic so food is pretty much on plan for me....

have a fabulous day friends...
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies

Cottage- have fun at the pool

Cat- sounds like you are going to enjoy teaching, glad that everyone is welcoming

BelleMar- just pick right back up and you will be fine.

Mandy- Have a good day

Lori- Sounds like you had a blast hiking

Cyndi- good luck with Beck

Schmoodle-don't lose too much sleep over the Generals- the earthquake was in CA somewhere I believe

As for me day 6 of Phase 1 and I am back on track so will move to Phase 2 on Saturday. I got my washer fixed and it was cheap fix 76 with labor included. $20 part I wouldn't have been able to fix on my own. So I am happy again. Tonight we are going to six flags to see Vanessa Hutchinson not really looking forward to that one but DH and DD2 want to go so I will go with them.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

mornin chicks! i can see friday in the distance. hot one here today until the storms roll thru around lunchtime. gotta do some birthday shopping today for my little cousin but other than that it's the same ole workout, dinner and work around the house til bed time.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! I feel much better today, thanks! So far so good. I don't want to go to work, and it'll be a long day as I'm by myself, but I'll be ok. I'm just in a lazy, stretchy mood, if that makes any sense.

Little Guy still has a fever, although proclaiming that he feels much better and his throat doesn't hurt anymore. Hopefully another day of rest will make him better.

Well, it's time to start getting ready. Hope you girls have a good day!

Lisa
Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #15  

Nessa, I'll mark that date in my planner to keep open. That would be fun to meet you, and maybe we can talk Schmoodle into coming, too. BTW, that's an awful lot of poo you had stored up in you!

Twynne, I love Texas Roadhouse, but how on earth did you manage to avoid those hot rolls with the honey butter???

Schmoodle, that earthquake was centered around the Allentown/Bethlehem area I believe.

to the rest of you, and I hope Ruthie gets her computer up and running again real soon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-31-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Closed Thread