South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Whooooo let the steambath begin!

Twynn I'm with cottage, those rolls get me everytime! I have willpower but not that much!

Nessa & Lisa Yeah on going and not going! Glad you both are feeling better today.

Pearl So happy you got your washer fixed, mine on the other hand, no repairman until Tuesday! UGH another week of the freaking laundry mat.

Loriann I so wish I was going with you today, I love hiking! Have a blast!

Cat Glad you are happy with the school.

Me not alot new in my world. Ended my day yesterday with the boss saying "yet another sh%*y month" ARG! I work my tail off and given todays housing market I think we had a great month with 4 more closings coming in the next few days. Somedays I wonder why I bust my butt and yet don't have the kahunas to speak my mind! Just another area I need to get control of.

Have a good one chicks!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls!

Quick fly by for me. Yesterday was a whirlwind of getting things done. I have most everything packed and ready to go (deciding what an entire family needs for a month is daunting). Fridge is cleaned, dishes are done, kitchen is closed! The food for today has already been prepared and just needs to be microwaved - yay, paper plates! I'll just have to run a quick vacuum around and start the dishwasher before we leave.

Today is more of the same - packing. I have a few errands to run as well. Not very exciting, but necessary.

Have a good day!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back online and I have 37 emails from yesterday! The power problem is not resolved properly but I managed to rig myself up with an extension cord. Only one circuit is out and I'm just going to leave it for now. Too much stuff to do today including the darned Church Bulletin.

The lads are working on the other half of my roof so it'll be a day of banging and scraping and dogs barking. I feel like escaping to the cottage on the Island but poor Disney freaks about water so we'll ride it out here at home.

Sorry no time for personals but too much is happening around here.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 AM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've decided to try to join the daily check in! I'm usually horrible about these but I skimmed and I'm here! I hope it'll help keep me accountable.

Nessa - Sorry to hear about your pup. Reading your post yesterday though reminded me that I needed to take my baby Winston in for the second half of his lyme disease vaccine. We go hiking quite a bit so both of our babies get it. We will go today to get his second shot.

This morning, I decided to have a peach in the morning along with my soy milk/tea mixture. I didn't have any fruit yesterday since we went out for Chinese. I had been adding my fruit near the end of the day but I decided to try it in the morning since well the peach looked so good.

I also checked out the SBD supercharged book from the library. I had been using the good fats/good carbs mini book as my guideline and my SBD book is outdated so I didn't think reading it again would do me much good.

Last edited by nelie; 07-31-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #20  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies. Sorry, but it's a late fly by for me today. I have a conference I have to attend and I thought I had given myself enough time in the morning, but alas.....not so much. Hope all is well and every one is doing fine!
ENJOY your Thursday!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #21  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi everyone, god, it's so HOT today!!! I turned off the air conditioner last night, and woke up to a hot and humid miserable atmosphere. Now the AC's been on for an hour and it's still friggin' MISERABLE!!!!!!!!

My kittens are doing well, (the orphaned ones), and have gotten bigger, become more rounder, and are really playful now. Also, the whole undeveloped 'fetus look' has gone away, and they are so, so adorable. I'm keeping one, who looks just like her mom, and have named her BabyGirl Jr. Since I always feed the other one as well, I'm attached to it too, and thus have named it Fetus Face. (Well... it was all I could think of. They really did look fetus like at first, all strange and not quite developed.) Bf told me I'm a Cat Geek. Cool.

Anyhow I must go feed BabyGirl Jr and Fetus Face their mid morning meal. I found some great kitten formula recipes online, believe it or not, on kitten-caring websites. They just lapped that stuff up.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all! First off; no nausea this morning. I'm going to assume I was trying to eat and take my vitamin too soon after an intense workout.

Cottage: Sorry you are stuck in all that humidity. I get so miffed when animals are mistreated. I've seen a few ranches south of town that have their horses fenced in without any shade. It is beyond awful! Hope you find a pool to cool off in!

Cat: The school and your classroom are very nice! It looks like there is a lot of stuff in your room already, so I bet there will be a lot of organizing and arranging in the next few days. I hope the puppies are here soon...poor Bijoux!

, Belle Mer and Mandyleigh! I hope that you both have awesome days!

Cyndi: Good luck with Beck! I'm going to check into it a little more, but I'm definitely thinking about doing it. Have a good day!

Loriann: Congrats on getting the couch. I hope you get yours sold quickly. Enjoy your time with your company!

Schmoodle: Don't fret! I'm sure the briefings will go well. Enjoy your day and I hope the sun comes out so you can get your laundry done.

TwynnB: Congrats on getting through your meal at Texas Roadhouse! I love those rolls they bring out and would not have had an easy time saying no. Thank goodness there's not one near me! Have a great Thursday!

Nessa: So sorry you're feeling so poopy. Hope you feel better with your resting today. Poor Bagel! Hope the antibiotics work quickly.

Pearl: Congrats on finally getting the washer fixed. I haven't a clue who Vanessa Hutchinson is...guess I'll go google and find out. Hope you have a decent time at least.

Gonna: Enjoy your shopping! I hope those storms aren't too bad!

Lisa: I hope Little Guy's fever breaks soon and that you get through your long work day okay! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Stephanie: Sorry boss-man was so inconsiderate! I think you're doing a great job, if that helps! Hope you have a nice day - a new month is coming and it'll be better I bet!

Zeffryn: Wow! It sounds like you're on top of things. I hope you have a pleasant day before vacation begins.

Ruth: Sounds like your me time is getting cut short! Poor Disney! Maybe one day she'll grow accustomed to the water and the three of you will be able to escape. Hope the power problem gets taken care of quickly.

Nelie: Enjoy the SB Supercharged book. A lot of the info is a bit repetitive from the first book, but it's definitely worth reading again. I loved the workout plan. I've used it as a basis for my interval training, although I've moved from walking to jogging, it's still a great plan!

hmacneil: Hi! Have a great day!

Melanie: Enjoy caring for the kitties and I hope it cools off soon!

Me: Well, we didn't get anything done last night. DH worked out while I made dinner and then a HUGE storm system rolled in while we were eating. It ended up being a total of 2.5 inches of rain from 7 pm to this morning. 2.5 inches is more than we get most months let alone in a night. We were power-less for a bit, but everything is back up this morning.

Tonight is leftovers for dinner and doing the things we planned to do last night. (Clean up some rooms, a load or two of laundry). I'll also be working out after work as we both woke up too late to do it this morning. We're having our budget meeting tonight to discuss August's budget as well as what's going to go on with our money in the next few years. Now that we're on the same page financially, these meetings only last about 15 minutes and there's rarely ever any fighting. Being that we used to pretty much fight about nothing but money, our fighting days are, for the most part, behind us. That's such a blessing.

Well, my official weight this morning is 201 which was my official weight on July 1st, so that means no loss for July. Can't worry about that now. Just need to make August much better!!

~Kim
Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #23  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Kim-- i just want to apologize--I didn't mean to start "pregnancy rumors" yesterday. I was really just joking.

Today's my wedding anniversary (4) so DH and I are going out to a fancy dinner. He sent me flowers at work, too. Yay! Unfortunately I assume he will expect a "Steamy Thursday." Let's just say pregnancy has not agreed with me in that way. Blech.

This weekend we are driving to Pittsburgh for his grandpa's 85th birthday party. I am really not looking forward to the drive as I have major tailbone issues right now and being in the car is pretty uncomfortable. But I am excited to see my in-laws. My MIL wants to take me shopping for baby stuff and also show me a quilt she's working on for the babe. That should be fun! I am hoping I will just sleep a lot of the drive.

Nessa, I haven't ever been diagnosed but I am pretty sure I have IBS and it is so miserable. I'm sorry for your pain.

Happy weekend to everyone else! I know it's Thursday but I won't be in tomorrow since we'll be on the road.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Kim I may have spelled her name wrong- she is on Disneys High School Musical 1, 2, and 3- Gabriella if that helps lol
Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

For everyone that's asked -

I've never been to Texas Roadhouse, so I don't know how good they are!! You can't be tempted by something you've not had!!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #26  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Helllllllllllllllllllllllllo,day 4check in

Morning...thought maybe orange would brighten up my post..abit.
Awww Puppies...love love dogs..some of my best friends.
Stayed on plan yesterday,and walked 30 min.
Did the eggplant thing for dinner...
MELANIE..This is how I made it,and what I think about it.
Not a inexpensive dish to make,lots of cheese, and olive oil,and took more time than I like to spend in the kit,in the summer..
I did change a few things. Because I don't do ovens in the summer,
so I grilled the eggplant on the stove..GEEZ it takes oo like a sponge....and then after following the recipe,I zapped it in the micro.
I don't think I'll do it anytime soon,...Just didn't wow me that much for all the cost and effort.
It does come out kind of soupy..(I did cut the recipe in half until I found out if I liked it.)
Husband just looked at it and I could tell he was soooooo happy he had his brat,and potato...which didn't tempt me @ all...of which I'm grateful.
tootles~ off to walk,take care~choices
Old 07-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Okay girls. Maybe I spoke too soon. Things were fine this morning. Breakfast was fine. Then for lunch I ate about 1 1/2 cups salad with some oil and vinegar and felt great. Started in on my 3rd or 4th bite of bean stew and felt sick, sick, sick. Not sure what's going on, but DH and I talked and I will stop taking my vitamin for a few days and see what happens. If I'm still having these feelings up to Monday, I will POAS. Now that I think about it, I did have a very, very light period last week and "things" happened around what should have been my ovulation days, considering I was regular this month. Hmmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
Kim-- i just want to apologize--I didn't mean to start "pregnancy rumors" yesterday. I was really just joking.
Jessie: Don't worry about it a bit. It's fun to think about and you know better than anyone that with my PCOS, DH and I would love to find out that we conceived without the Met. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your evening with DH! Maybe you can talk him into a good movie instead of doing other things?

Pearl: Okay, I think I know who you're talking about now. I'm so out of the loop these days!

TwynnB: Good! Don't eat them! They're the DEVIL!!

Choices: Enjoy your walk. Thanks for the review of the eggplant dish!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 07-31-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #28  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Kim, Yes, it such a blessing to be able to conceive with PCOS at all for a lot of women! I will be just thrilled if it's happened for you, and hope you aren't just sick. If you are even thinking about conceiving in the next year, I hope you are taking a vitamin with lots of folic acid!

Can't believe you're going to make us wait the whole weekend...LOL.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default OOPS...add this to eggplant review..

I just had some of the eggplant that I made last night..for lunch..and It's SOOOO much better It's not soupy,it cuts nice..and I suppose all the flavors have gelled so to speak..so It's def.on my ok/worth it list again..Just wait until the next day! Walking...Choices

Last edited by choices; 07-31-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #30  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Choices, it seems a lot of dishes taste so much better the next day. I think it's cause it gives the dish time for the flavors to combine and deepen. Glad you liked it better today, I still haven't tried it yet.

I hear mention of that Vanessa Hudginson girl, she's on the high school musical stuff ( I do not watch that) and neutrogena commercials.

She's also the girl who took full-frontal nude pics when she was only 15 and supposedly sent them to another nickolodeon star she was reportedly dating.

What really disgusted me is how they flashed those pics all over TMZ, and that "Best week ever" show on Vh1, (when I still had cable), and etc. All they did to cover the MINOR/UNDERAGE GIRL'S body was to put tiny little stars over her boobs and uh, crotch. You could basically see everything. It's like, it doesn't matter how young a girl is, if she's a celebrity and she's done something revealing, then the media (especially men!) are all over it. I found it really disgusting, that should have been illegal. I mean, technically it is so I don't know how they got around showing those pics all over the net and tv, is it just 'cause she's a star now? Or is it 'cause she's 18 now and they figure it doesn't matter? Still, she was a minor and in my eyes, a child, and I found that to be so disturbing. Supposedly millions looked at those pics online.... probably mainly men. Men disgust me. Some don't care if it's 13 as long as it's growing boobs and hips. The media is doing similar things with that Miley Cirus girl, she takes skanky pics and they're flashing it all over the place and she's only 15. Disturbing, this world we live in. Also disturbing, my bf's daughter just adores little miss Hannah Montana.

I am not dissing the poster who brought Vanessa H. up or anything, I was just ranting about what I thought about that whole nude photo fiasco. Other than that I don't know much about her.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-31-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Closed Thread