South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Does this look alright?

OK, headed for the store shortly here, but before I go, wanted to know if my plan looks ok. There's something that I've been doing wrong and can't seem to figure it out!

Breakfast: Egg, T bacon and veggie cups with V8

Dinners: So far Lazy Cabbage Casserole that I posted earlier with milk
Salsa Baked Chicken with Broccoli and Milk
Fish with salad (my salads have chick peas, cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms)
leftovers

Lunches: Tuna inside green peppers (my fav)
Left overs

Snacks; Celery with Peanut butter
Roasted Chick Peas

Desserts; No sugar added fudgecicles
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

It looks great to me, but I'm not an expert. How do you make the tuna in green peppers? Do you hollow out the pepper and put the tuna inside and then eat the pepper?

Have fun shopping!
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Kit... Yes, I hollow out the pepper after cutting it in half, makes it easier to eat! I make my tuna as you always would with onion and celery, mayo and pepper. Sometimes for more flavor I add a little dill pickle.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #4  

Thanks for the tip. I don't know what I would do without tuna fish in my diet. I always make mine with a little bit of light miracle whip and lots of dill pickle relish. I'll definitely try your way.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #5  
Determined to lose!

I believe Miracle whip is a no no!!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #6  

Are you using reduced fat cheese? That's the only ? I saw.
kshe78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It looks good Loriann, why do you think you are doing something wrong?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #8  

Is it?? Ack, I better switch to Mayo then.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yes, regular mayo is a better choice. No added sugars and healthy fats. Just keep to the recommended portion of added fat (not more than 2T/day).
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #10  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Looks pretty good. Just a couple questions & comments.

What are you using for salad dressing and how much are you using?

Lunch looks kinda veggie light - a little celery & half a pepper. Can you increase that so it's 2 cups of veggies?

What kind of milk are you drinking? Low fat or FF?

Maybe add another side vegetable at dinner.

Last edited by WebRover; 08-03-2008 at 01:35 PM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It looks pretty good to me, Loriann. I can't figure out what you're doing wrong. What do you drink, does it contain any hidden sugars? Do you use a lot of salt? Make sure you are getting enough dairy, beans and vegetables each day, and drink lots of fluids. If you figure out what's been causing your weight to stall, please let us know.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Yes, Miracle Whip is all sugary and stuff.

Loriann, you make your tuna like mine, with chopped celery and onion and some chopped dill pickles. Scrumptious! And of course I use good old fashioned mayo. I love the idea of serving it in a green pepper, yum.

Your menu looks good to me, it looks simple as well, I may copy it when I go grocery shopping again. Last time I got too caught up in the details and probably bought way too much stuff. Your menu looks better for a budget (which I am on.)
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #13  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe78 View Post
Are you using reduced fat cheese? That's the only ? I saw.
Of course it's LF! (I didn't fudge on that part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Looks pretty good. Just a couple questions & comments.

What are you using for salad dressing and how much are you using?

Lunch looks kinda veggie light - a little celery & half a pepper. Can you increase that so it's 2 cups of veggies?

What kind of milk are you drinking? Low fat or FF?

Maybe add another side vegetable at dinner.

I admit I use ranch dressing more often than I ought, but I do limit to 2 tbs. I also use italian, sb approved.

Lunch are usually salads with chick peas, I thought I'd use some of the left overs from dinner as well, and have salad for dinner instead of something heavy for some of the days. I bought a couple thick slices of turkey breast today to go in that salad!

Milk is 1% and I stck to half a cup at dinner, and sometimes will have 1/4 c with cereal...

OK, will add another side veggie to dinner, I was wondering about that!

I have switched back to p1 for a few days to undo some damage from last week... but when I was in P2 I think I was too lenient with some of the dairy, so I'm gonna watch out for that this time around! Too much dairy, not enough veggies I think is my prob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Yes, Miracle Whip is all sugary and stuff.

Loriann, you make your tuna like mine, with chopped celery and onion and some chopped dill pickles. Scrumptious! And of course I use good old fashioned mayo. I love the idea of serving it in a green pepper, yum.

Your menu looks good to me, it looks simple as well, I may copy it when I go grocery shopping again. Last time I got too caught up in the details and probably bought way too much stuff. Your menu looks better for a budget (which I am on.)
Hi Mel, when I don't make a menu plan for the week I overshop! And over eat! When I make the time to figure out my main meals, the rest just falls into place! Today I did something I normally do not for the sake of money. I went to (gasp) wally's world for my canned goods, my beans, v8 and such. The rest I picked up at the grocery store, my meat, veggies and dairy! I must of cut out $20 doing this, and I'm stocked up on beans and v8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
It looks pretty good to me, Loriann. I can't figure out what you're doing wrong. What do you drink, does it contain any hidden sugars? Do you use a lot of salt? Make sure you are getting enough dairy, beans and vegetables each day, and drink lots of fluids. If you figure out what's been causing your weight to stall, please let us know.
Hi Linda, I drink coffee (too much, that I know) and water! Thats IT!!!!

But I've upped my intake of water. I'm attempting to put quarter of a lemon in at least one glass of water a day for health benies I read about, but I prefer it plain water!

And remember, this menu is for this week, if I showed you what I had last week you'd all gasp!!!!! Pizza, Pizza, and even some of the chips my son brought into my house! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #14  
Determined to lose!

I picked up some iron sups due to some research I found... might have iron deficiency, why I have bad concentration and chew ice... so I'll see how this goes. Also bought a multi v....

Wow! I made sure to drink water before dinner, just ate one salsa chicken breast, a generous serving of spinach, a quarter cup of milk and I'm full... drinking more water even though not hungry nor thirsty!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post

if I showed you what I had last week you'd all gasp!!!!! Pizza, Pizza, and even some of the chips my son brought into my house! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
Aha! Now I see where your problem was! I'm glad you're getting back on track again.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote