3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hi everyone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/147438-hi-everyone.html)

kshe78 07-27-2008 12:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Hi y'all -

I'm new here. :)

I'm on the first week of Phase 2. I used to come to this board a long time ago when I was on WW, and recently remembered it, and came back.

I lost 8 pounds during Phase 1. I had already lost about 15 pounds before officially starting SBD. I was loosely following SBD without realizing it, but I decided to get serious. Borrowed the book from my boss, but need to now read into Phase 2 a little more!

I turn 30 in September, and decided to focus on ME for a change. No kids, no husband (actually recently single, but it's complicated! lol) I travel a lot for my job, including the entire last 7 days, and 5 days of Phase 1. So, while not ideal, this CAN be done if you have to eat out most meals!

I didn't lose the first week of P2, but I had a stomach virus on the last 2 days of P1, and lost 5 pounds in those 2 days, so it was probably just my body leveling itself back out.

Looking forward to "talking" to y'all!

Kelli

DeeAnnMokhtari 07-27-2008 01:56 PM

Hi Kelli~

I am still on Phase I. Tuesday is my last day! I am a tad bit intimidated to start adding carbs back in! I am doing really well on Phase I! I have lost 7 pounds. I am also afraid for the weight loss to slow down (for my mental anxiety). I know it's suppose to slow down but in the past when it has slowed, stalled, etc.: that is when I find myself going back to my old habits! I am determined to not let myself do that this time! THIS IS A LIFE STYLE CHANGE!!!!!

I forgot how much I LOVE vegetables!! This gives me an excuse to eat artichoke hearts and hearts of palm almost everyday! I also noticed the other day how sweet lettuce is! Before~it was just lettuce! It was all about what went on my lettuce that mattered, now lettuce by itself (with a little salt) really pleases my palet!

Glad to see you are doing well! Keep up the great work and Good Luck in your journey! If you get a chance...make sure to make the Taco Bake!! Very Yummy! I have made it 4 times (with LOTS of leftovers) because my husband loves it so much (he is not doing SB)!!!! It's wonderfuL!

Fat Melanie 07-27-2008 02:23 PM

Hi Kshe78, what's up?

I am 22 on day 13 of Phase 1. It's amazing because I the first time I did phase 1, last month, I failed miserably and didn't even complete it. Too many cheats too soon, no will power, bad planning, skipping meals and then binging on crap food later... I was a wreck! I think a lot of people thought that SBD probably wasn't the best choice for me, but I vowed to do it right the second time. I got over my attitude, listened to every scrap of advice given to me, and have been doing great this time. Looking forward to Ph 2. The 8 lb loss you had is amazing, I've only lost 3 on ph 1, which is still good, I mean, that's better than 0! Welcome to the forum, this is a really supportive and helpful forum, I've learned a ton.

cottagebythesea 07-27-2008 02:34 PM

Welcome aboard, Kelli! We're looking forward to getting to know you!

thunderbegone 07-27-2008 03:11 PM

welcome! There is a wonderful and supportive group on this forum. I hope you post daily!

kshe78 07-27-2008 04:20 PM

thanks everyone!

I too was nervous about adding carbs back in, and honestly, probably haven't done it quite enough. I just had a hard time finding whole grains while I was traveling, so I went without.

I did have fruit one day, and I had the grillers with whole grain rice from Outback, which was great.

I completely cleaned out my fridge/freezer/pantry today, so I'm headed to the store soon for some good foods. Chicken breasts are on sale at Kroger - yay!, and I need fruits and veggies.

I WISH I liked beans, and I know they are important, but I have texture issues with mushy foods, and I.just.can't.

But, you are right - food tasts so much different now! I can TASTE things a lot more than I could before! It's nice!

I did cheat 3 times this week - but it was 3 total bites, not 3 big things. I had 1 bite of a piece of Texas toast, 1 bite of a dinner roll (which smelled divine, but didn't taste nearly as good now!), and 1 bite of some white chocolate cake dessert at Chili's last night. My best friend ordered it, I had exactly one bite, and she ate the rest. If I can keep my 'cheats' to one occasional bite, I'm okay with that. :)

Good luck to the the rest of you newbies as well!

zeffryn 07-27-2008 04:22 PM

Welcome!

About the beans...I have that same texture issue...bananas are a nightmare!
Have you tried roasting them? There is a recipe for roasted chickpeas that are nice and crunchy - and the seasoning is awesome!

Have fun and good luck!

kshe78 07-27-2008 08:43 PM

I will look for the roasted chickpeas. I can do crunchy! :) Thanks!

I've gotten a little better with bananas, but can only eat a couple every week - otherwise I start feeling them. Yuck.

I have the same issue with pudding.

I got over jello for SBD. lol

zeffryn 07-27-2008 08:47 PM

ugh. I <3 the flavor of pudding, but can't do the texture.

Try it frozen....mmmm...

Fat Melanie 07-27-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshe78 (Post 2288851)
I will look for the roasted chickpeas. I can do crunchy! :) Thanks!

I've gotten a little better with bananas, but can only eat a couple every week - otherwise I start feeling them. Yuck.

I have the same issue with pudding.

I got over jello for SBD. lol

Oh that reminds me, I've got a bag of chickpeas I need to cook and roast. I don't really like them so much cooked normally.. they taste so much better roasted. This is how I made mine: After cooking and roasting, I put them in a tupperware and added garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder, soul seasoning, and shook it vigorously (with the lid on.) It was great. There is a recipe in the forum but any old seasoning you like will do IMO. I'll bet one could make them sweet and spicy with cinnamon and nutmeg and splenda for sweet cravings... but I don't know, I haven't tried it and I haven't heard anything about anyone trying anything like that.

I am also not that crazy about beans but I have eaten them.. I ate some in a chili, and it was good. I do need to incorporate more beans in my diet so I bought bags of dried beans.. but haven't ate them yet.

I love the texture of pudding, I want pudding right now. I may make chocolate custard, had to toss my last batch 'cause it curdled 'cause I got too impatient and raised the heat. I've learned my lesson.

SunshineCA 07-27-2008 10:48 PM

Welcome!! :)

Ruthxxx 07-28-2008 06:50 AM

:welcome: to the Beach. Sorry to chime in so late.

There's lots of good info and support on this site.